Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Colorado is like 2 states...the Front Range (all metro from Ft Collins down thru Co Spgs) and the Western Slope. To those on the Front Range, the Western Slope does not exist. To those out on the Western Slope, well, they have no use for the Front Range. The WS is still pretty red, including county sheriffs that refuse to enforce the recent batch of firearm laws coming from Denver.
In fact, in the late 70s (I think, maybe early 80s) there was a movement for the Western Slope to break off and form a new state with Grand Junction as the capitol.That wound up dying on the vine.

Last edited by WTF; 05/10/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
California tried to divide up into difference states too. That is old idea which sounds like democrats dividing up districts for votes.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 05/10/19.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
a state of bliss. grin

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RoninPhx,

I met a guy who had all the money he needed and then some. He had a house in Tucson and a house outside of Flag on the shoulder of the Peaks.

I'd say he was pretty well set.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Utah sucks......

forget about it......

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Utah sucks......

forget about it......

[Linked Image]

Most anything in the Salt Lake Valley does any more it seems. I can not believe the traffic and bustle there nowadays...and it has only been 6-7 years since I left! If I was to like in Utah, I'd like to be around Panguitch somewhere.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Plan on staying in Texas but moving out of the DFW metromess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 19352012

I'm sorry to hear this. Whatever time that you have left, I hope it is filled with love and peace.

Gracias, and I wish the same for all here.

It ain’t so much the time we’re allotted, but how we spend that time. I’m grateful for the time I’ve spent so far, it’s been a hoot

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tennessee. Extremely low property taxes where we live. Costs $29 a year to register any car or truck, no state income tax, no toll roads. Utilities are dirt cheap. Fishing is fantastic. Hunting is very good.
75% of the population of the USA can be reached within a one days drive.

Previously lived in CO and before that Alaska for over 30 years.

We lived here now for over 3 years and like it more and more every day.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heeler, was born in Humansville and raised in Bolivar, gooooo Liberators Lol

Save you from digging out the Atlas, 30 miles north of Springfield on hwy 13, 70 miles north of Branson.,

Still love my old MO home, just love AK more.

In every man’s heart is a beauty to be won and an adventure to be lived. Alaska gave it all to me, will love this place till the day I die

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I reconnected with my best friend from college after 25 years a few weeks ago. He changed careers s 30 years ago, moved to Ca and became a teacher. He is about to retire and has already bought a house in Texas. He told me that CA is a lot worse than you see on the news.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Don’t believe it will be long before they’re spreading my ashes here in AK.

Raised in sw MO, wonderful place to grow up.

But AK hit me with her siren song in 1967 when I was age 9.

5 days after high school I was headed here again. Didn’t work out, spent 3 years in Chicago, 1 in Houston and one more in MO, before I got back here again.

Fate it seems will deny me the full burrito of old age, watching my grandkids grow up.

But by god gents I’ve lived. Won the girl of my dreams, hunted from Kodiak to the north slope of the Brooks range, seen things that are hard to believe. Had a successful biz, 3 great kids and now 3 grandchildren.

I’ve got no quarrel with ny maker the 3/4 of the burrito I got to taste was damned delicious. AK is my home and I love her for what she’s given me. No where else for me.

I weren't as lucky as you, but I knew when I was 15 that I should have gone to Alaska...

Second worst blunder of my entire life - the first was moving to Texass 4-1/2 years ago. Now the grim reaper has me too and I couldn't leave if I wanted to. It's a curse.

Sounds like you lived the life I dreamed of.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KYHillChick and I are planning on retiring to the Trans-Bluegrass of Kentucky.

We'll be 63 miles from Fountain Square in Cincinnati, but I'll have whitetails, and turkeys peaking in the windows. We have the occasional elk, black bear, and bobcat.

There are fishing ponds on the farm, and I'm less than 10 miles from a good bass lake. We're five miles from the Licking River and 10 miles from the Ohio. I've seen Musky jumping in the Licking.

We'll be in Zone 1, which means I can harvest any number of antlerless whitetails.

Weather is not horrible. Cincinnati is known to be muggy in the summer and wet and cold in the winter. Where we'll be has drier, cleaner air for most of the summer and when Cincinnati is getting snow, we'll be mostly getting rain.

We're an hour from a shopping mall and 90 minutes from the hospitals. The nearest source of milk and groceries is about a half hour away.

Here's what it looks like out the back of the house:

[Linked Image]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Already retired in Montana----the same state that three generations before me retired in!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kennymauser; 05/11/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kentucky or Tennessee.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Karl sorry to hear of your health probs and sorry it didn’t work out for you to be in AK, it’s a beautiful place, no doubt I’ve been spoiled

Gents when you have your health all possibilities remain, be grateful indeed for good health, but no matter where you’ve lived or what you’ve done getting to participate in this game called life is a blessing

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Karl sorry to hear of your health probs and sorry it didn’t work out for you to be in AK, it’s a beautiful place, no doubt I’ve been spoiled

Gents when you have your health all possibilities remain, be grateful indeed for good health, but no matter where you’ve lived or what you’ve done getting to participate in this game called life is a blessing

Thank you sir. I admit its a [bleep] feeling and it gets to me - I am just praying to God that somehow I can be buried anywhere else, that is how bad I detest this [bleep] hole. I'm hoping that my sister can bring me back home when the time comes so I can be buried there.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Staring at ones own mortality is indeed sobering and reflective.

I always liked Texas, go figure, but it wasn’t meant to be my home.

I’m skipping the whole burial gig, and will be turned to ashes. Another very personal choice for certain.

But what made the decision for me was my good pards explaining to me, you don’t want to just move to a really hot climate from AK, that I needed to acclimate myself first.

Hell it made sense to me 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nealglen37
As an outdoorsman I am leaning towards New Mexico or Wyoming? Any thoughts?

Have have visited New Mexico prob’ly at least twenty years out of the last forty, but never at attempted to hunt there.

The strange this to me is, big and wild as it is, and as much public land as it has, big game opportunities seem strangely limited. IIRC a lottery system for even deer in the various administrative regions.

Maybe this reflects the fact that at the end of the day, desert and other arid ecosystems just ain’t all that productive, biologically speaking.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Texas!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 12 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,972
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.