A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by comerade
I am a Canuck in Eastern British Columbia. West slope of the Rockies. Hunting and Rodeo are my primary interests. I sheep hunt for approx.2 months every fall and could not imagine not having this at my backdoor.

comerade & guys:

I've been contemplating this since yesterday.

I would LOVE to live in N M, Az, Co, Wy, Mt. However like you I could NOT live with such LIMITED big game seasons.

I've lived in Ar, & La, and hunted Miss, & Al. We have long deer seasons and liberal bag limits and I could NOT handle suffering thru Winter and not hunting medium/big game.

SO, I'll take the SOUTH for more than 1 reason.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

I moved to Texass 4-1/2 years ago. All I have seen since moving here are a bunch of disgusting blowhards that all hire low wage illegal alien workers while concurrently complaining about a wall or the welfare that the illegal collects, as well as the welfare the out of work American seeks, while ignoring that fact that Beto almost beat Ted Cruz. This is because of the nature of Texans - they cannot stand paying anyone to work, and even the $8.00 an hour they pay the illegal is too much - and the out of work American is who paid for his F350 and bass boat.

Then when you challenge them on it, they call you a liberal or a Yankee...

I have nothing against an F350 and/or bass boat - if you got it without taking it from your neighbor's or fellow countryman's pocket.

I'd much rather be a Yankee and, in case you missed it, I wouldn't accept a penny from any Texan even if my life depended on it.

In truth - I think America should pay Mexico to take Texass back.

You're a yankee ain'tcha! You caused me to remember a certain yankee accented couple standing in front of the fresh hams in a Texas super market and saying "where are the canned hams", don't these people know anything?
Well, I wouldn't give you a penny. But some free advice, drop the hate unless you want a shorter life, adios.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No one mentions WV. May be for good reasons but I like it here and will likely stay. Cost of living not bad overall. Lots of outdoor activities. For the most part government leaves us alone. We always seem to be behind the trends and insulated from the radical politics. I’m sure there are better places to retire to but my friends and family are here. If I want certain hunts or fishing experience I’ll pay and go. May even “snowbird” some. Love to skip the 8 weeks or so of lousy winter weather.

Rob

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

I moved to Texass 4-1/2 years ago. All I have seen since moving here are a bunch of disgusting blowhards that all hire low wage illegal alien workers while concurrently complaining about a wall or the welfare that the illegal collects, as well as the welfare the out of work American seeks, while ignoring that fact that Beto almost beat Ted Cruz. This is because of the nature of Texans - they cannot stand paying anyone to work, and even the $8.00 an hour they pay the illegal is too much - and the out of work American is who paid for his F350 and bass boat.

Then when you challenge them on it, they call you a liberal or a Yankee...

I have nothing against an F350 and/or bass boat - if you got it without taking it from your neighbor's or fellow countryman's pocket.

I'd much rather be a Yankee and, in case you missed it, I wouldn't accept a penny from any Texan even if my life depended on it.

In truth - I think America should pay Mexico to take Texass back.

You're a yankee ain'tcha! You caused me to remember a certain yankee accented couple standing in front of the fresh hams in a Texas super market and saying "where are the canned hams", don't these people know anything?
Well, I wouldn't give you a penny. But some free advice, drop the hate unless you want a shorter life, adios.

Ahhh another Texass fat slob internet tough-guy. You're too stupid to even know what a Yankee is because to an ignorant moron like you, anyone that can speak without sounding like their mouth is stuffed with a handful of fresh [bleep], is a Yankee.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Great skiing makes up for shorter big game seasons. I couldn’t get by without back country and lift served skiing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Dumbest thing the wife and I was to move to Colorado.
The smartest thing was the day we moved out.
Colorado has the most unfriendly people we ever experienced in our lives.

Washington has them beat! Zero social skills, zero intelligence, they drive with their head up their azz, and litter everywhere they go. Seattle and Puget Sound are definite shizzle holes, avoid at all costs.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Interesting. Moved to Colo a year ago. Nice neighbors and neighborhood. Have found opposite of what you experienced.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I stumbled across this area when I was 19 years old,.....never left. It was just a lucky pick. At age 19 I didn't have enough sense to pick an area this pretty on purpose.

[Linked Image]

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

Washington has them beat! Zero social skills, zero intelligence, they drive with their head up their azz, and litter everywhere they go. Seattle and Puget Sound are definite shizzle holes, avoid at all costs.

Man, I lived and worked in Seattle for a year circa 1991. Left as soon as I could and would never go back for any amount of money. Terrible liberal cesspool and the suicide capitol of The United States.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I moved my brother and I moved another guy with 2000 pounds of reloading gear. They both went to a small town where we hunted 900 miles from Seattle.
They both had $0.5M from selling their Seattle shacks. They both bought big houses for $100k+.
Now we are facing a 4 hour commute to a real doctor.
I am driving them to doctors when we should be hunting.

Lesson: retire near a doctor and commute to the hunting and fishing.... one of them did get a 4' long northern yesterday on a one hour commute.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Colorado was a hunter's paradise. Now the DOW thinks more about hiking trails the welfare of the animals. Now drugs legal and illegal have ruined the state and most cities. Denver and surrounding cites allow homeless to live and crap any where they want. Denver and surrounding cites are sanctuary cities. They give away driver licenses, free housing, free schooling, free medical, and free income to illegals. There are muslin training camps and skin head training camps in Colorado.

But even with all the problems the mountains are a great place to live and hunt. I refuse to give up.

Colofornia even has the "Bush People", the wolf howling yahoos as new residents. Alaska kicked 'em out and they followed the Californians to the mountains of your State.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Texas ,colorado , Arizona.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Colorado was a hunter's paradise. Now the DOW thinks more about hiking trails the welfare of the animals. Now drugs legal and illegal have ruined the state and most cities. Denver and surrounding cites allow homeless to live and crap any where they want. Denver and surrounding cites are sanctuary cities. They give away driver licenses, free housing, free schooling, free medical, and free income to illegals. There are muslin training camps and skin head training camps in Colorado.

But even with all the problems the mountains are a great place to live and hunt. I refuse to give up.

Colofornia even has the "Bush People", the wolf howling yahoos as new residents. Alaska kicked 'em out and they followed the Californians to the mountains of your State.

Lotsa places I’d live in Colorado. Denver ain’t one of em. I really like the Durango area.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I stumbled across this area when I was 19 years old,.....never left. It was just a lucky pick. At age 19 I didn't have enough sense to pick an area this pretty on purpose.

[Linked Image]

Nice Bristoe!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by shaman
KYHillChick and I are planning on retiring to the Trans-Bluegrass of Kentucky.

We'll be 63 miles from Fountain Square in Cincinnati, but I'll have whitetails, and turkeys peaking in the windows. We have the occasional elk, black bear, and bobcat.

There are fishing ponds on the farm, and I'm less than 10 miles from a good bass lake. We're five miles from the Licking River and 10 miles from the Ohio. I've seen Musky jumping in the Licking.

We'll be in Zone 1, which means I can harvest any number of antlerless whitetails.

Weather is not horrible. Cincinnati is known to be muggy in the summer and wet and cold in the winter. Where we'll be has drier, cleaner air for most of the summer and when Cincinnati is getting snow, we'll be mostly getting rain.

We're an hour from a shopping mall and 90 minutes from the hospitals. The nearest source of milk and groceries is about a half hour away.

Here's what it looks like out the back of the house:

[Linked Image]

Now that's what I'm talking about!

My particular version of this is North Georgia, not too far from Shaman.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I moved my brother and I moved another guy with 2000 pounds of reloading gear. They both went to a small town where we hunted 900 miles from Seattle.
They both had $0.5M from selling their Seattle shacks. They both bought big houses for $100k+.
Now we are facing a 4 hour commute to a real doctor.
I am driving them to doctors when we should be hunting.

Lesson: retire near a doctor and commute to the hunting and fishing.... one of them did get a 4' long northern yesterday on a one hour commute.

thinking man there!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Southern Virginia.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

Lotsa places I’d live in Colorado. Denver ain’t one of em. I really like the Durango area.

WAIT--That's my neck of the woods-------TX is much nicer !!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Idaho Sux...

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 10 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.