Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dutch and back at you and 'Boomer

Some laugh at taking medical advice on the 'fire but if I had not read the thread that mentioned Primal Blueprint I may have missed it another decade.

And there is Etoh, some good tips in those posts.

Dave

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Good job guys, improving your health is a real and worthy accomplishment, you should be proud.

I have been doing low carb diet and restricting my eating time to between 9am and 6pm for quite a long time now, but I have to make some changes as I am currently unable to sustain my weight, can't seem to eat enough! I haven't been at this weight since my first year of high school, and I am going to be starting a work out routine again so I need extra calories, just gotta figure out how to best get them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro

I have been doing low carb diet and restricting my eating time to between 9am and 6pm for quite a long time now, but I have to make some changes as I am currently unable to sustain my weight, can't seem to eat enough! I haven't been at this weight since my first year of high school, and I am going to be starting a work out routine again so I need extra calories, just gotta figure out how to best get them.

It's hard! The only way I can do it is to go to high-fat foods, and that takes some getting used to. We've been indoctrinated for so long that fat is bad, it takes time to wear that off.

Sausage (braunschweiger included), sardines, walnuts (Costco sells big bags), even avocados have been helpful to keep my calorie count up.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm might not be hungry after eating a grapefruit, but I know I gotta be starving to eat one in the first place.

Okay, that made me laugh and I'm with ya.' I don't know how people eat those.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by skeen
I'm might not be hungry after eating a grapefruit, but I know I gotta be starving to eat one in the first place.

Okay, that made me laugh and I'm with ya.' I don't know how people eat those.

Likewise. Hate liver too. Yeah, I know. It's good for you.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I gave up soft drinks 11yrs ago.I don't have any sugar in the house and use honey instead if I need any sweetner.I'm retired now,62, and can control what I eat everyday.I eat a very healthy lunch of salad,fruit and some sort of meat and maybe a high fiber carb.My meals are lots of vegetables with meat,but limited on the amount of carbs,but if there is I make sure there are plenty of fiber with it.My weight is stable.My Dr sees that I'm making a good effort to stay healthy and I only go to see her once a year now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by xxclaro

It's hard! The only way I can do it is to go to high-fat foods, and that takes some getting used to. We've been indoctrinated for so long that fat is bad, it takes time to wear that off.

Sausage (braunschweiger included), sardines, walnuts (Costco sells big bags), even avocados have been helpful to keep my calorie count up.

Yeah I eat as high fat as I can, eat an avocado every day at work for my break, mostly meat and veggies for other meals, but I'm gonna have to do more. I've never been overweight by very much, heaviest I've been is about 175, but I never thought I'd actually be trying to gain weight! All my belts are useless, pretty soon I'll be stapling my pants on in the morning!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, eating to gain weight is crazy talk for someone that has battled fat for 49 of 55 years!

Blood glucose readings throughout the day are dropping:

6/29 - 99, 83, 102

6/30 - 85, 86, 80, 75

7/1 - 78

The 75 reading last night spooked me a little so I ate two mozzarella sticks before I went to bed and skipped Metformin.

I don't feel bad at all, but the "internet" seems to focus on 50 or lower as the point to be concerned.

I am not sleeping worth a crap, for good while now. I go to sleep generally 9-10 unless I am whipped and it may be 8. Woke up at 3:45 yesterday and 2:30 today, OTC sleep aides don't work, a musce relaxer I have that is reported to have no sides affects works good, but I don't want to use them up.

I will get it sorted out eventually.

Dave

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Eat what I want when I want in moderation. Ya I’m 10 pounds overweight but a 66 years old I do not care.All medical results come back good every year. Love sugar but no pop unless it’s got whiskey in it. Love bread and potatoes and meat. Ed k

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I am about convinced. I quit sugar,bread,grains,rice,pasta, potatoes and any and all processed foods last August and I have aged backwards at least 25 years so far,if I went by how I feel.

I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51. I was wearing a 48/32 Jeans and 4XL shirts. I now wear 32/32 jeans and a medium shirt.

I have been doing calisthenics training for a few months,watching Chris Heria on Youtube . It's made a huge difference. I intermittent fast now,and my energy is through the roof. I actually do feel 25 again in every area.

I'm putting this out there for any of you older guys that want to feel great and young again. Sugar is a liver toxin. The info is available if you want to stop eating poison and get your health back again. I thought I was old and sick. It turned out I was just fat and poisoned.

Sugar is not the issue. It is the crap processed food that is everywhere. High Fructose Corn Syrup is one prime example.

Lets not get started with Fad diets either ie Keto diet. Eat less red meat,processed bread, pizza,pasta and more fish and greens.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I have not eaten a Grapefruit in 20 years or since I have been on high blood pressure medicine. I used to eat one regularly before all that .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I went back to a strict low carb diet in April.
I've lost over 20 lbs and feel so much better.
I'm never going back.

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I went back to a strict low carb diet in April.
I've lost over 20 lbs and feel so much better.
I'm never going back.

Wow! Twenty pounds since start of April. That's quite an achievement. Congrats.

What sorts of food did you eat and not eat?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I read the carb counts on every label.
I eat meat, vegetable and salads and I don't go over about 50 carbs a day.
I haven't really missed out in desserts or the high carb baked goods, pasta or potatoes.
As long as you keep within the carb restrictions you can eat as much as you want.
I'll drink a couple of light beers as they are only 5 carbs each and the occasional splash of whiskey and still stay within the parameters of the diet.
I've low carbed it in the past and it always strips the weight off.

Proud NRA Life Member
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is not much need to read labels with Primal..........eat plants and animals.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The joke now is on those that eat carbs..... overweight, always hungry, high blood pressure, triglycerides in the blood, cholesterol in the blood, diabetes, and cancer.

The joke 4,000 years ago was on those who did not eat carbs. Grain eaters outnumber you and are going to kill you.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ha, you should have met the one i called "Honey".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Carbs kill, no doubt about it.

Love me some Doritos.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I had dental implants done on May 28 and figured it would be a good time to start getting my weight down since needing to be on a soft diet.
Lost 33 lbs in the last 34 days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cain, was a farmer, and his brother Abel was a shepherd.
Cain killed off Abel's lifestyle.... then.

Now Cain's lifestyle is killing Cain.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.