Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb
It’s very difficult for most of us to completely change our lifestyles!

Most addicts make the same argument.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Of course Atkins had this all worked out back in the 1970s. The medical establishment declared war on the guy for it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Of course Atkins had this all worked out back in the 1970s. The medical establishment declared war on the guy for it.

Yep.

The good thing about aging is realizing just how much disinformation you've been subjected to over the years.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by comerade
Carbs are fuel for me.I need meat and carbs and a few vegetables to thrive.
I agree , you have to discern the processed stuff out and I choose not to use sugar.
I look at it this way, if you 'em burn hot, they burn clean. The key is lots of exercise- sweaty exercise.
If you you don't your system carbons up.
I am Italian and spaghetti is a staple, olive oil is the only oil( good stuff) and vegetables are from the garden, beef from the pasture.
I have a daughter in the city and she pushes the ketogenic diet, maybe living in the city is the culprit. Glad you are doing well though.Cheers

Brother,if you feel good and are healthy,then your diet must be OK for you. Everybody doesn't have to do what I did,but what I was doing wasn't working to do anything, except to put me in the ground sooner.

Sugar is a dose sensitive liver toxin. At the very least I want anyone who will, to do the research to see what sugar really is doing to them. It is a crime what is happening in this country with our food industry.

I agree about processed sugar or processed anything. If your food is from the land it doesn't carbon a guy up so badly. white sugar even suppresses your immune system .
I am 61, I hear this from my daughter and she now sells Keto stuff. She is an RN , I have always told her to get moving more, off the computer and it will have have the same effect.She happens to love sugar. Sweaty exercise first and it forces you to chose better foods- it is our fuel.God Bless and glad you found a way.Cheers

Last edited by comerade; 05/12/19. Reason: Sp
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Its not the sugar so much as the insulin resistance

the more the pancreas is challenged, the more insulin in produced the more insulin produced... Every seen a skinny diabetic?

All foods , not just sugars, challenge the pancreas to produce insulin. Thats why "diet" sodas are fattening.

Fructose is far worse than dextrose or glucose.

It immediately uses ATP for energy production and dumps all the by products, xanthines, into the blood causing uric acid overdose.

any 3 chain low molecular weight fat or acid is far better--- olive oil, vinegar goes directly into CoA and electron transport system no insulin stimulation

fasting is your friend.

snacking is the devil

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep.

The good thing about aging is realizing just how much disinformation you've been subjected to over the years.

Ain't that the truth.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by memtb
It’s very difficult for most of us to completely change our lifestyles!

Most addicts make the same argument.

Well,if it was easy everybody would do it. No,it wasn't easy at all. I actually gave up both sugar, which is now said to be 8 times more addictive than cocaine,and I quit Hydrocodone in the form of 4-6 pain pills a day all at the same time. I puked about 3 times a day for about a month and wore out a mattress tossing and turning at night.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD WORTH HAVING OR DOING,THAT IS EASY!

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 05/12/19.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Etoh
the more the pancreas is challenged, the more insulin in produced the more insulin produced... Every seen a skinny diabetic?
All foods , not just sugars, challenge the pancreas to produce insulin. Thats why "diet" sodas are fattening.

It immediately uses ATP for energy production and dumps all the by products, xanthines, into the blood causing uric acid overdose.

any 3 chain low molecular weight fat or acid is far better--- olive oil, vinegar goes directly into CoA and electron transport system no insulin stimulation

fasting is your friend.

snacking is the devil

Wow excellent post. 👍

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yep, Metabolic Syndrome.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good for you man! That's quite an accomplishment!

My company offered a weight loss program called Naturally Slim. It teaches you to eat slow and avoid sugar. I lost 45 lbs from March 2018 to September 2018 and have maintained it.

My problem was I ate WAY too fast. I would be done with a big plate of food long before anyone else at the table. NS teaches you to eat real slow and savor your food for 10 minutes, take a 5 minute break and drink water, then eat real slow for 10 minutes again. 9 times out of 10 you feel full long before the second 10 minute session is up. I used to eat half a pizza. Now one piece fills me up. (When I do cheat that is)

Last edited by Rooster7; 05/12/19.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51.

Wow. Good for you, no wonder you feel younger, you just shed quite a load off your feet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Been doing Intermittent Fasting since February. I have lost 20 lbs. It is amazing how little food the body needs in a day.

Also taking Apple Cider Vinegar. My glucose has come down 90 points.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51.

Wow. Good for you, no wonder you feel younger, you just shed quite a load off your feet.

It's not just that. It also goes to all the chronic complaints connected to inflammation, such as skin conditions, arthritis, prostate enlargement, etc..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

Congrat, brother. I am really happy for you and yours. Your health will be good for everyone concerned.

I read that diet pop is a neuro-toxin. From about age 28 to 65 I drank diet pop to support our diabetic daughter. I switched to sugar laden pop and within a month I felt great. For years I have weighed about 155 pounds. Since I started weight lifting last year I gained about two pounds and lost 2" from my waist. All foods better watch out around me cause they will be eaten. By the way I will be 75 in a couple months.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

fasting is your friend.

snacking is the devil

Wow excellent post. 👍

It is excellent, right on about snacking and fasting. Some believe it can cause dementia too.
If there is a co culprit, it would be fast food and the deep fryer. Deep fried anything must be denied, it adds no food value and reheating oil is a carcinogen.
Like I said, a vigorous life is the key, cardiovascular work makes my body make good food choices.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
A little sugar won't kill ya, the problem is most people don't eat a little sugar, they eat a schitt ton. It's all those hidden sugars that get ya, I think. Wife does Keto, I don't but do more of a low carb diet without worrying too much about ingesting some carbs or a bit of sugar now and then. Somebody brings donuts to work, I'll have one, but not every day. Sunday morning breakfast today included a couple pancakes, doesn't worry me. But, eating that stuff day in and day out will definitely do you harm as far as I can see. I eat healthy, I just don't make a religion out of it.
I've weighed about 160 lbs for a decade or more, and at 5'10 I didn't feel like that was over weight. Since changing my diet, and restricting my eating to between 9 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon, plus adding in more exercise, I've accidentally lost more weight than I ever thought I would. Scale yesterday said 147lbs, which was as little surprising but I feel good so I guess it's just a number.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by xxclaro
A little sugar won't kill ya, the problem is most people don't eat a little sugar, they eat a schitt ton. It's all those hidden sugars that get ya, I think. Wife does Keto, I don't but do more of a low carb diet without worrying too much about ingesting some carbs or a bit of sugar now and then. Somebody brings donuts to work, I'll have one, but not every day. Sunday morning breakfast today included a couple pancakes, doesn't worry me. But, eating that stuff day in and day out will definitely do you harm as far as I can see. I eat healthy, I just don't make a religion out of it.
I've weighed about 160 lbs for a decade or more, and at 5'10 I didn't feel like that was over weight. Since changing my diet, and restricting my eating to between 9 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon, plus adding in more exercise, I've accidentally lost more weight than I ever thought I would. Scale yesterday said 147lbs, which was as little surprising but I feel good so I guess it's just a number.

I think the fatter and sicker you are, the more "religious" you need to become.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A clean diet, exercise and rare consumption of alcohol works pretty well. We eat clean most days but will enjoy a cheat day several times every month. I am now on a strict diet and have mostly eliminated alcohol and am doing intermittent fasting. I exercise vigorously 6 days/week, treadmill, elliptical, dumbells and kettlebells and 2 good hikes w/ a 25 lb pack. I presently workout w/ a heart rate of>130 bpm 8 hours/week and my goal is to increase that to 16 hrs/week by Sept. 1.

Body fat is useless except as an insulator and my goal is to be below 10%.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You should get your heart rate up more than that when you work out. That's the entire point.

Sounds like yer on some sort of beta blocker. No good.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A clean diet, exercise and rare consumption of alcohol works pretty well. We eat clean most days but will enjoy a cheat day several times every month. I am now on a strict diet and have mostly eliminated alcohol and am doing intermittent fasting. I exercise vigorously 6 days/week, treadmill, elliptical, dumbells and kettlebells and 2 good hikes w/ a 25 lb pack. I presently workout w/ a heart rate of>130 bpm 8 hours/week and my goal is to increase that to 16 hrs/week by Sept. 1.

Body fat is useless except as an insulator and my goal is to be below 10%.

mike r

Draw a tag?

Cheating a bit I think is good. But you have to have the ability to rein it back in. Always having a big hunt on the horizon is about the best motivator.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (14idaho, 35, 405winash, 257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 879 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,407
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.