Print Thread
Hop To
V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
They are very reasonable and with the Weaver name I might try one . Any opinions ?

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
― Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by verns
They are very reasonable and with the Weaver name I might try one . Any opinions ?

Weaver is now owned by the same conglomerate (Vista Outdoors ) that owns Bushnell, Tasco amd Simmons.

The "Kaspa" Series are basically just rebadged current Simmons 44 mag scopes.
Cheap made Chinese crap IMHO.

If you read the online reviews by actual users , they have a pretty high failure rate.

Ok for a .22 I guess, .but not something I would put on a serious rifle.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I buy Leupold

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you are going to buy Weaver, best to stick with the Grand Slam, Super Slam, or Tactical lines.

They are great scopes.

But the economy lines are following the old adage about "You get what you pay for".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by hanco
I buy Leupold

THIS in spades.

Period

IC B2

V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
I think I better pay my electric bill .

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Modern Weaver is basically garbage.

I've had a half dozen failures in rifle scopes (INCLUDING the Grand Slam) and red dots.

NO MORE Weaver ANYTHING for me.

FWIW...……..they have an excellent customer service department taking care of all the returned garbage. I've been a frequent flyer......…...…….

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have nothing positive to report on either Tasco or Simmons.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a bunch of Weaver classics that have been used and abused with never a problem. They adjust more positively than my Leupolds without question and have held zero for years. One of my K-2.5's has been mounted on several 12 gauge slug guns and fired several hundred rounds of full power slugs for accuracy testing and it still adjusts and holds zero like a champ. I don't know anything about the Kaspa line and wouldn't personally buy one when the Japanese Classics aren't terribly expensive and have proven themselves to me for many years.

Last edited by Blackheart; 05/03/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I have a bunch of Weaver classics that have been used and abused with never a problem. They adjust more positively than my Leupolds without question and have held zero for years. One of my K-2.5's has been mounted on several 12 gauge slug guns and fired several hundred rounds of full power slugs for accuracy testing and it still adjusts and holds zero like a champ. I don't know anything about the Kaspa line and wouldn't personally buy one when the Japanese Classics aren't terribly expensive and have proven themselves to me for many years.

Weaver Classic V series are excellent scopes.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like old Weaver glass on vintage rifles. A well worn K-4 El Paso really looks at home on an old Marlin or Savage lever. A pre-64 Model 70 that's been used hard but not abused is the perfect platform for an old 3x-9x Micro Trac. Sadly, I've learned their newer offerings just aren't made all that well.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Optics have grown since the old Weaver K series scopes. Basically you get what you pay for in optics. It really depends on what you expect from a scope and what you want to use it for. For hunting there are lots of options. Leupold makes a decent scope. Zeiss American market (Conquest line) scopes are decent. Vortex and Athlon are decent. I would personally shy away from the cheap scopes made by anyone. If I get Leupold I get the VX3 line.

The Optics forum here is your friend and John Barsness, Mule Deer, has great information.

V
verns Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
I got it on and dialed in at 200 Tracked good to sight in .I have it on a SPS varmint 22-250 It is bright and clear with lots of eye relief .I have to get the hash marks nailed down better,so far I am well pleased with it especially since the gophers are up and in my pasture.Will report again.

i

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 3,419 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.