Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am about convinced. I quit sugar,bread,grains,rice,pasta, potatoes and any and all processed foods last August and I have aged backwards at least 25 years so far,if I went by how I feel.

I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51. I was wearing a 48/32 Jeans and 4XL shirts. I now wear 32/32 jeans and a medium shirt.

I have been doing calisthenics training for a few months,watching Chris Heria on Youtube . It's made a huge difference. I intermittent fast now,and my energy is through the roof. I actually do feel 25 again in every area.

I'm putting this out there for any of you older guys that want to feel great and young again. Sugar is a liver toxin. The info is available if you want to stop eating poison and get your health back again. I thought I was old and sick. It turned out I was just fat and poisoned.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Good word!

I won't drink the swirled Kool-Aid
.....well, maybe, if it looks like wood
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Agree.

Good for you, I was on the Keto diet and never felt better. Need to get back on it. I've gained 20 in just 4 months since quitting Keto.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Treat sugar like crack and your life will improve dramatically. Most people who are addicted to sugar have no idea what feeling normal feels like.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All Humans need...

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Good for you. I didn't exclude the other things in my diet 2 years ago but cut sugar by 85%. Didn't lose a pound.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Glad that your health is much better. It’s very difficult for most of us to completely change our lifestyles! Congratulations and Thanks for the tips! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Awesome job RH!

Can you share what your current diet consists of?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I am about convinced. I quit sugar,bread,grains,rice,pasta, potatoes and any and all processed foods last August and I have aged backwards at least 25 years so far,if I went by how I feel.

I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51. I was wearing a 48/32 Jeans and 4XL shirts. I now wear 32/32 jeans and a medium shirt.

I have been doing calisthenics training for a few months,watching Chris Heria on Youtube . It's made a huge difference. I intermittent fast now,and my energy is through the roof. I actually do feel 25 again in every area.

I'm putting this out there for any of you older guys that want to feel great and young again. Sugar is a liver toxin. The info is available if you want to stop eating poison and get your health back again. I thought I was old and sick. It turned out I was just fat and poisoned.

You are spot on right. You drop many years of age from giving up the foods you describe. It's as if those foods are toxins. Not sure if this is true for everyone, but for a certain percentage (likely a large percentage), they really do act like toxins in the system and cause generalized deterioration.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Congratulations on the awesome will power! I've been reading and contemplating the same, myself. I've cut out wheat and sugar by 90% but I need to get to 100% Nevertheless, my argument has been that we are, in fact, being poisoned by genetically modifying foods that humans have eaten for thousands of years - for the profits of Wall Street and their investors.

In the 50's folks ate lots of bread but it wasn't turning them into fat slobs like it does now. The wheat is different...

A chicken 100-years ago did NOT have bloated breast meat like it does today...

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You are spot on right. You drop many years of age from giving up the foods you describe. It's as if those foods are toxins. Not sure if this is true for everyone, but for a certain percentage (likely a large percentage), they really do act like toxins in the system and cause generalized deterioration.

In my case carbs definitely cause inflammation and weight gain. I'm still not fat but 6 months ago I felt 25, now I feel 55.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Preach it, brother.

The redhead was complaining that she was putting on a steady 5 pounds per year for a few years, and nothing was touching it. I went ahead and changed our diet to a "low carb" diet. No taters, rice, bread / grains, sugar. Took some time to develop new recipes, but had a lot of fun with it. She cheats occasionally, but has not gained any weight since starting, and her Crohn's is in remission. I call that a win.

For me, I'm feeling 10 years younger, still do all the physical work at the farm with the young bucks, and the aches and pains I used to have have gone away. I am down to my last notch on my belt, lost almost all the belly fat, and the tennis elbows went away.

That, and the food is better....... Try pesto roasted asparagus --- my dear friends, that stuff is to die for.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WTM45
Awesome job RH!

Can you share what your current diet consists of?

Honestly,it's pretty much exactly what you would think a really healthy diet would be. Lots of green leafy vegetables,quite a bit of colorful veggies for antioxidants,lean meats,fish,fruit and nuts. I also eat eggs and a limited amount of cheese. A fair amount of Greek yogurt,that is 46% protein "[bleep] TOTAL" brand. I cook with olive oil and toasted sesame seed oil.

Last night I had chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower,and a big side of sauteed spinach with onions,garlic,and lemon. I ate a whole big bag from Walmart. A later snack was smoked turkey slices and pickles.

I eat less and healthier,cleaner foods now but I have not went hungry at all since I started.In the beginning I ate all kinds of foods as long as it wasn't my banned foods. You can eat and lose weight. You just have to eat the right foods. I choose what I eat now based on how I want to feel.rather than on what I think might taste good. It took a while but my taste has changed so much it's amazing to me to see what good food tastes like without being full of sugar and salt.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good for you.
A balanced diet and portion control, along with exercise works for me.

NRA Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Read this from a very dear friend of mine who "saved" me:

All Sugars Are NOT Created “Equal”, The “Excitotoxicating” Facts You Didn’t Know

The last 75 years have seen major changes in our food industry, many of which were
brought on by Corporate corruption and poorly performed or falsified research.
With these changes in our diet we have seen a sharp decline in the health of our population
Obesity, Heart disease, Diabetes, Cancer, Hypertension levels have all risen dramatically We blamed Dietary Fats for these health changes, Giving rise to the “Low Fat Craze” But The Sugar Revolution brought Changes to our Cardiovascular Health.
So the Fat came out, and the Sugar went in....
...And the rates of Heart Disease, Obesity and Diabetes Skyrocketed
In 1700 the Average person consumed about 4 pds of Sugar/yr
By 2009, more than 50% of all Americans consume 1⁄2 Pound of Sugar PER DAY
~That equals to a WHOPPING 180 Pounds of Sugar per Year!!
The Number 1 source of Calories in America is Soda, 56 Gallons/person annually
Today, 55% of Sweeteners used in the food and beverage manufacturing are made from corn, usually in the form of High Fructose Corn Sugar (Syrup)
The rise in the use of HFCS between 1970 and 2005 is 10,673%
Typically, more than 50% of infant formulas are made of Sugar, mostly in the form of HFCS
The Science of Sugar
Dextrose, Fructose, and Glucose are all Monosaccharide's, known as Simple Sugars
The Primary Difference in them is HOW they are Metabolized
The Simple Sugars can combine into more Complex Sugars, like the Disaccharide Sucrose-, which is 1/2 Glucose and 1/2 Fructose (Table Sugar)
Glucose is the form of energy you were designed to run on
Every cell in your body, Every bacterium, Every living thing on earth uses Glucose for energy
Fructose is NOT the same molecule as Glucose
A century ago we received our Fructose from Fruits and Vegetables, about 15 grams/day Today we consume about 73 grams, but mostly from sweetened drinks and processed foods, which LACK the Fiber, Vitamins, Minerals, Enzymes, and beneficial Phytonutrients that offset fructose’s Negative Metabolic Effects
HFCS contains the Same two sugars as Sucrose but is More Metabolically risky to you
The Fructose and the Glucose are Not Bound Together in HFCS, as they are in Table Sugar, so your body doesn’t have to break it down
Therefore, the Fructose is absorbed immediately, going straight to your Liver

Glucose Metabolism:
When you consume Glucose (Dextrose), 80% is used immediately, as Energy, by all the organs and cells of your body
The remaining 20% goes to your liver to be metabolized & stored in the form of Glycogen, the short-term energy storage
*When you consume 120 calories of Glucose, less than 1 Calorie contributes to Adverse Metabolic Outcomes
Fructose Metabolism:
100% of Fructose goes to your Liver to be metabolized
“Hepatotoxin” ~ It overloads the liver
The waste products then produce Uric Acid, which Blocks an enzyme that makes Nitric Oxide This leads to Inflammation and Hypertension Gout and Kidney Disease, Preeclampsia and Fibromyalgia
Fructose of the ONLY SUGAR that Raises Uric Acid Levels, and its does so within MINUTES of Ingestion
Fructose then metabolizes into Pyruvate, then Citrate. This results in Increased -production of FFAs, VLDLs and Triglycerides, “Hyperlipidemia”
Fructose is THE carbohydrate that is MOST EFFICIENTLY converted into g-3-p which is needed to Deposit Fat in Fat cells- Obesity,
And converts FFAs into Triglycerides, Hyperlipidemia
FFAs are exported from the liver and taken up in skeletal muscle causing Skeletal Muscle Insulin Resistance
Some of the FFAs stay in the liver leading to Hepatic Insulin Resistance and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver
Insulin Resistance stresses the pancreas which pumps out more Insulin in response to rising BS as your cells are unable to get the sugar out of your bloodstream, leading to Type II Diabetes
Classic Metabolic Syndrome (as seen with Fructose and NOT with Glucose)
Hypertension
Lipogenesis
Dyslipidemia
Obesity
Inflammation
Insulin Resistance
Central Nervous System Leptin Resistance
*Consuming 120 calories of Fructose results in 40 Calories being stored as FAT*
So, consuming Fructose IS Consuming FAT, A HFCS diet is REALLY a HIGH FAT DIET -Although Dietary Fat (Saturated Animal Fat) raises your Large, Buoyant LDLs-the Harmless Ones Dietary Sugar Raises you Small, Dense LDLs, VLDLs and Triglycerides ~ the ones that Correlate with Heart Disease
They told you Fat was bad, took it out of the food and added Sugar instead (fat has all the flavor) this is how the whole health debacle started...makes sense now, Right?

“Eat Less, Exercise More” Debunked
You DON’T get Fat because you eat Too Many Calories and Don’t exercise enough, you Get Fat because you Eat the Wrong Calories
The Same Amount of Calories from Fructose will have a Different Effect than the same amount of calories from Glucose, Fat or Protein
So, Fructose Causes Obesity Not by Calories but by turning on the Fat Switch and producing Lipids
Sugar, Cancer & the Immune System
Cancer cells have Far More Insulin receptors than normal cells-15-16x more And sugar has been shown to actually CREATES cancer cells
So, Sugar is NOT just a substance that Feeds Cancer, But it can actually CAUSE Cancer Sugar affects the Immune System by preventing the entry of Vitamin C into WBC and thereby
preventing the WBC from doing their job
Sugars are a Major Source of Free Radical production, which leads to Cardiovascular Disease, Insulin Resistance and Alzheimer's Dementia
Neurochemistry of Gluttony
Fructose Does Not stimulate Leptin rise ~ Satiety Signals Drop
Ghrelin (the hormone that makes you want More food), is suppressed by Glucose, but NOT by FRUCTOSE ~ again, Satiety Signals Drop
By raising triglycerides, Fructose Reduces the amount of Leptin crossing the BBB ~ and yet again, Satiety Signals Drop ~ Pleasure Centers Are NOT Extinguished ~
NET RESULT of FRUCTOSE Consumption~ HUNGER, GLUTTONY, OVER CONSUMPTION OF FOOD
Is There Such Thing As Sugar Addiction?
Sugar stimulates Dopamine, which drives Reward, Dopamine rapidly down-regulates its receptors so the next time around you need More sugar to generate More dopamine to generate Less reward...you want More and More of your fix but Never achieve the same ”High" you once had. And so, cravings grow stronger YOU CRAVE EVEN MORE SUGAR
***FYI: 4 Grams = 16 Calories = 1 TEASPOON*** READ YOUR LABLES AND DO THE MATH
HOW MANY TEASPOONS OF SUGAR ARE IN YOUR FOOD??!!
A Word About Other Sugars
Agave Nectar-falsely advertised as “Natural”, it is Highly processed and is usually about 80% Fructose-AVOID
Honey-Natural, But is also 53% Fructose
Stevia-a Natural sweet herb from the leaf of the South African Stevia plant, and the best substitute for sugar. However, AVOID TRUVIA as it is a Chemically processed Form of Stevia
Table Sugar is 1⁄2 Fructose, that includes Raw Organic Cane Sugar (Avoid)
BUT WHAT IF YOU PREFER THOSE ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS IN YOUR FOOD AND SODA-ARE THEY REALLY BETTER THAN SUGAR, YOU DECIDE....

EXCITOTOXINS
The Brain
This 3lb organ Consumes 20% of the Body’s Oxygen, 25% of the Body’s Glucose for Energy (ATP) Yet makes up only 2% of the Body’s Weight
The Majority of this Energy (ATP) is spent Supporting Impulse Generation and Transmission Because even Small Fluctuations of the concentrations of Critical Nutrients Can result in Dramatic Disruptions of brain function, it is equipped with a Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) However, the BBB is NOT perfect-it is Absent in some parts of the brain, or Malfunctioning due to conditions, like: Stroke, Tumors, Head Injuries, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Infection, Inflammation & Age
Neurotransmitters are made up of Amino Acids, and can be either Excitatory or Inhibitory Glutamate and Aspartate are two of the Most Common Neurotransmitters
Their role is Excitatory, and causes the brain to be stimulated in much the same way as Cocaine In the Brain, Glutamate receptors are found mostly on the N-Methyl-D-Aspartate (NMDA) Receptors, which are Very Closely and Finely Regulated by Ca+, Magnesium, Zinc and Glycine
Excitotoxins Are Neurotransmitters that when their levels are NOT regulated properly can Excite the Nerves to Death, Causing an imbalance in the inflow of Calcium, which leads to Activation of a complex Inflammatory Cascade, release of Inflammatory Mediators (Cytokines, Massive production of Free Radicals and Lipid Peroxidation) and ultimately the Death of the Neuron
Proper Mg+ levels are necessary to help shut the Ca+ channel.
Large Amounts of ATP are needed to help pump the Ca+ Back out of the cell But, as the cellular energy stores fall, the Greater the Glutamate Damage – High Intracellular Ca+ leads to Damage of The Mitochondria where ATP is produced And Cell Death
Low Mg+ levels render the Neurons Unable to stop the Ca+ influx – more cell death
What are Glutamate Excitotoxins?
MSG, Glutamic Acid, Glutamine, Aspartate, Aspartame, NutraSweet
Brain disorders such as Stroke, Trauma, Neurodegenerative Diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS), and Heavy Metal Poisoning result in a Loss of Brain Energy (ATP)
These people risk damage to the brain from even Small Exposure to Dietary Excitotoxins Glutamate and Aspartame also enter the brain when the BBB is broken down due to Constant Every Day consumption of these products
Small children who consume Glutamate products rapidly reach blood levels that are 50x Normal Learning and Language Difficulties, Behavioral Problems, Depression, Impulsiveness Violence and
Risk Taking
The Metabolism of Aspartame
Aspartame is made up of Aspartic Acid, Methanol, and Phenylalanine (gives it the Sweet taste) In Fruits and Veggies Methanol is bound to Pectin, which allows its elimination,
But In Humans, Methanol from Aspartame is NOT bound to anything that can eliminate it from the body and it is converted to...Formaldehyde!!!

The Liver and Excitotoxins
When the Liver is exposed to High Concentrations of Glutamate and Aspartate
It significantly Raises Inflammation, causing Massive Production of Free Radicals and Lipid Peroxidation Systemically Which only Increases the Damage from Other Toxins such as Trans Fats, Polyunsaturated Fats, and HFCS
Excitotoxic damage to the Liver can lead to Fatty Liver Disease, Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, Obesity (esp. in kids)
It worsens other disorders such as Hepatitis and Alcohol Liver damage
Excitotoxins and the Vascular System
Glutamate receptors in the Endothelial cells of Arteries cause the production of High Levels of Free Radicals and Inflammatory Cytokines that persist for long periods of time Significantly raising a persons risk of developing Aggressive Atherosclerosis, leading to Heart Attack or Stroke
Inflammation of the Brain’s blood vessels opens up the BBB causing Massive influx of these
Excitotoxins into the brain after Each Meal *Same Atherosclerotic damage*
Excitotoxins and Cancer
Receptors for Glutamate and Aspartate are found in virtually Every Life Form, and Every Tissue and Organ
Eating these additives can alter the function of EVERY cell in the body, NOT just the Brain Glutamate receptors have been discovered on many types of Cancer, including Breast, Prostate, Pancreatic, Colon, Brain, Squamous Cell and Lung Cancers
Other Effects of Aspartame
Decreases or Worsens Insulin Sensitivity-WORSENS DIABETES Are implicated in Low T-Cell counts
Increases the Inflammatory Mediators-TNF
Increases the risk of Fibromyalgia, IBS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Excitotoxins and the Developing Baby’s Brain
The Placental barrier, like the BBB is NOT an absolute barrier to Excitotoxins, Nor to Heavy Metals Too Much Stimulation, as is seen with Excitotoxins, can Severely Interfere with this delicate process and possibly lead to Learning Disorders, Emotional Illness, or other Major Psychological diseases later in life
Autism, Schizophrenia, Seizures and Cerebral Palsy
Remember, Aspartame breaks down to
Formaldehyde!!!! In Baby’s Body too
Foods and Additives that Increase Inflammation Also Worsen Excitotoxicity
Omega-6 Oils (PUFA”s-Vegetable Oils) (found in many of our foods) Trans Fats
Sugars (especially HFCS)
Fluoroaluminum (Drinking Water), Chlorinated water Excess Caffeine

Common Side Effects of Aspartame
Headaches/Migraines
Dizziness Nausea
Irritability Tinnitus
Breathing Difficulties
Anxiety
Memory Loss Joint Pains
Vision Problems
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Muscle Spasms
Seizures Numbness Heart Palpitations Vertigo Tachycardia Panic Attacks Slurred Speech Insomnia Depression Leukemia
Aspartame and Weight Gain
Glutamate and Aspartame burn out the nucleus in the brain where Leptin works, Leptin levels start to rise and lead to Inflammation and Weight Gain
The Phenylalanine derivative of the Aspartame metabolism stimulates hypoglycemia-leads to HUNGER **Aspartame Actually shows a Greater Weight Gain when compared to Sucrose**
ALL IN ALL, ASPARTAME IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN SUGAR!!!
ADDITIVES That ALWAYS Contain MSG (same and Cumulative Excitotoxic damage)
Monosodium Glutamate
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein/Hydrolyzed Plant Protein/Hydrolyzed Protein Plant Protein Extract
Sodium Caseinate
Calcium Caseinate
Yeast Extract
Textured Protein
Autolyzed Yeast
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
ADDITIVES That FREQUENTLY Contain MSG
Malt Extract
Malt Flavoring
Bouillon
Broth
Stock
Flavoring
Natural Flavoring
Natural Beef or Chicken Flavoring
Seasoning
Sucralose-Splenda
Sucralose is 300-1000x Sweeter than Sugar

Three Chlorine atoms are added to Sucrose with a covalent bond not found in nature-what does Chlorine do? It Kills Microorganisms
Sucralose decreases your normal gut flora by 50%, elevates the pH of your colon, decreases RBC, enlarges kidneys, causes spontaneous abortions, Headaches, Seizures, damage to DNA, Elevated Blood Sugar, Migraines, Cancer, and...Weight Gain!!!
Recommendations
AVOID Sugar, ESPECIALLY High Fructose Corn Syrup Stevia is a good alternative, as is Glucose (Dextrose)
Fruit in Moderation (raw fruit has vitamins, minerals and fiber) AVOID All Processed Foods
AVOID ASPERTAME AND GLUTAMATES
READ YOUR LABELS-You can’t improve your health without doing this
IT’S EASY TO SEE NOW WHY CHOLESTEROL BECAME A PROBLEM WHEN THEY TOOK THE
FAT OUT OF FOOD AND ADDED THE SUGAR
~even eating organic, reduced fat food causes significant health issues.
*Stick to Natural, Raw Foods the way God Originally Intended*

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Carbs are fuel for me.I need meat and carbs and a few vegetables to thrive.
I agree , you have to discern the processed stuff out and I choose not to use sugar.
I look at it this way, if you 'em burn hot, they burn clean. The key is lots of exercise- sweaty exercise.
If you you don't your system carbons up.
I am Italian and spaghetti is a staple, olive oil is the only oil( good stuff) and vegetables are from the garden, beef from the pasture.
I have a daughter in the city and she pushes the ketogenic diet, maybe living in the city is the culprit. Glad you are doing well though.Cheers

Last edited by comerade; 05/12/19. Reason: Sp
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good for you, I know it wasn’t easy!

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by comerade
Carbs are fuel for me.I need meat and carbs and a few vegetables to thrive.
I agree , you have to discern the processed stuff out and I choose not to use sugar.
I look at it this way, if you 'em burn hot, they burn clean. The key is lots of exercise- sweaty exercise.
If you you don't your system carbons up.
I am Italian and spaghetti is a staple, olive oil is the only oil( good stuff) and vegetables are from the garden, beef from the pasture.
I have a daughter in the city and she pushes the ketogenic diet, maybe living in the city is the culprit. Glad you are doing well though.Cheers

Brother,if you feel good and are healthy,then your diet must be OK for you. Everybody doesn't have to do what I did,but what I was doing wasn't working to do anything, except to put me in the ground sooner.

Sugar is a dose sensitive liver toxin. At the very least I want anyone who will, to do the research to see what sugar really is doing to them. It is a crime what is happening in this country with our food industry.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 05/12/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I went this route 18 months ago and have had the same results and feel the same way as RH. My sister and parents have gone to it in the last 6 months and same results, they can't stop talking about the change and how great they feel. I read The primal Blueprint and everything in it has been spot on. His Blog has most of the material in the book and has a ton of interesting reading.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RH, That’s fantastic. Thanks for sharing. You’re so right.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,160
Posts18,484,333
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.