Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#13833690 05/19/19
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Friends of ours tried to go to the US to visit a monastery for the weekend. They legally immigrated from Belarus and are now Canadian citizens. Both have good jobs, their own home and roots here. Kids are in university.

The woman’s mother was with them. She just got Permanent Residence status but not citizenship (hasn’t been here long enough and doesn’t speak English and too old to bother learning). She’s in her 70’s and came here to spend her last days with her daughter, good health and her expenses and medical care covered by the family (and insurance). So, not a drain on the system and no cost to taxpayers.

They get stopped at the US border. Won’t let mom in without a visa. OK, too bad, end of trip. When they wanted to turn around and go back - not so fast!! Mom is fingerprinted and has to pay a monetary penalty for trying to illegally enter the US. Of course, good luck getting a visa now.

Now, ignorance of the law is no excuse, but I can’t help but wonder why they had to go so far instead of just turning the car around and sending them home with a warning.

I also can’t help thinking that the only word of English the old woman had to utter was “Refugee” and y’all would have been paying her to stay!!!

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The title of your thread is USBP, which leads me to believe you're little rant is about the U.S. Border Patrol?

My understanding is the guys/gals at the ports of entry are in blue uniforms, and members of the Office of Field Operations (legacy U.S. Customs) and your friends unfortunate encounter has nothing to do with the USBP.

MAGA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You're whining because the law was enforced?

Let me guess, they voted for Trump.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not USBP related....but sometimes NO one knows.

I called the border on our side and asked them if I needed a passport.

They said no....that was a Canadian requirement.

So, I called the Canadian border and asked them if I needed a passport.

They said no.....that was an American requirement.

So off I went. Nary a problem.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The title of your thread is USBP, which leads me to believe you're little rant is about the U.S. Border Patrol?

My understanding is the guys/gals at the ports of entry are in blue uniforms, and members of the Office of Field Operations (legacy U.S. Customs) and your friends unfortunate encounter has nothing to do with the USBP.

With the unfucking limited number of alphabet agencies that are armed and in charge of somefucking thing you’ll have to cool your indignation at being “technically” correct.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She should have told them she was a wetback and wanted to work picking celery................In like flynn!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

With the unfucking limited number of alphabet agencies that are armed and in charge of somefucking thing you’ll have to cool your indignation at being “technically” correct.

No indignation here to cool from. Just pointing something out.

Foreigners bemoaning their perceived entitlement to come into the U.S. doesn't get a whole lot of sympathy from me honestly. Your milage may vary.

Fwiw I've had some bad experiences on the U.S. side of the ports myself, so I do understand some bitching. smile

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What happened?
Did you catch Seattle disease?
Is your partner logging in on your name?
Twice in 1 week you are a 180 from what I remember a short time ago.
Weird.

Prayers sent.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
She should have told them she was a wetback and wanted to work picking celery................In like flynn!

Next time try the southern border. And wetbacks don't use border crossings, they swim or wade. It's how they get wet backs.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quick question......are you OK with Canada charging hunters to bring their firearms into Canada for a hunt?

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Damn right and would've gave her food stamp card just like that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sorry border patrol agent slave, I didn’t mean to upset you by responding to your friend in a way unsuitable to your liking and by not being my usual polite self. My bullshit level gets topped out sometimes.

Have a nice day. 🙂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
FWIW....,The US side....ie getting into the USA....,are mostly cock suckers with a short man complex. Half aren’t even white and the other half aren’t even men.

Canadians are friendly and polite without the attitude.

ETA....I don’t give afuck if it’s USCB&P or USBP or whatever thefuck the cock suckers call themselves they sure thefuck aren’t controlling our borders from invasion but are stopping tourists one old lady at a time.

Have a nice day slave, sleep tight tiger.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 05/19/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW....,The US side....ie getting into the USA....,are mostly cock suckers with a short man complex. Half aren’t even white and the other half aren’t even men.

Canadians are friendly and polite without the attitude.

ETA....I don’t give afuck if it’s USCB&P or USBP or whatever thefuck the cock suckers call themselves they sure thefuck aren’t controlling our borders from invasion but are stopping tourists one old lady at a time.

Have a nice day slave, sleep tight tiger.

You do realize they have nowhere to house all these illegals once they catch them. That's why they are turning them loose.. Now having crossed into Canaduh on a few occasions, one is better served saying you don't own weapons... and telling them you like French fries and brown gravy..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Attitude is everything at the border. I'd be willing to bet some folks got mouthy and pushy resulting in the official write up and fine. But then again, I could be wrong, Eastern Europeans so often come across as considerate, thankful folks, you hardly ever see them get obnoxious and act as if the rules do not apply to them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More BS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've lost hundreds of hours through the years to USBP. I'm fine with it they are doing their jobs. One time I saw a guy trying to cross in with a photocopied Yemeni passport with a photocopied 1 day old Canadian work visa with an 8 axle semi truck hauling medical waste. In other words come to the border with the proper f-ing paperwork or get your ass turned around and sent home. I venture to say not many have crossed the US Canadian border as I have. i used to do it every day. Sure I've ran into dickheads with a power trip but the worst I've ever dealt with is when the CBP is having a labor dispute. They decide to turn up the a-hole level to 11 to Americans when that happens. Why would u want to come to the US anyway cause Canada is so awesome according to Canadians?

Last edited by k20350; 05/19/19.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dealing with them is a pain as most do either have short man's complex or a bull dyke complex.

I travel out of the country at least three times a month with my job and get to deal with them all the time, the U.S. agents are worse than any other place on the planet. I guess they're trying to compensate for the southern open border policy by harassing middle age white guys whose families have been in America since before it was the United States of America.

Sometimes I think I should address them with "No hablo ingles" but then they'd probably speak to me in spanish and I'd be screwed since that's about the only spanish I know. I'm pretty sure speaking spanish nowadays gets you an automatic entry into the U.S., a driver's license, voter's registration card, and EBT card at the same time.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buncha ass holes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Also, a citizen of Canaduh doesn’t need a visa. A citizen of Pollockville does.

It’s pretty simple.

And I LOVE the monastery bit. I’m sure they never heard that one before.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,954 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,707
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.