Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Just about every rifle bullet manufacturer's line keeps evolving, due to all sorts of trends. Even Sierra is making plastic-tips, and Speer is now offering high-BC bullets!

I doubt Hornady is going to drop Interbonds, because there are still quite a few hunters who believe in the magic of bonding--which was sort of like how some hunters consider "monolithic" magic today. Monolithics also have the advantage of legality in "non-toxic" hunting areas, whether in the U.S. or elsewhere. Many U.S. bullet companies also sell bullets outside North America, especially Europe. The very first place I actually saw a box of Swift A-Frames oin a sporting goods store was in Bergen, Norway in the mid 1990's, but European companies also load them in factory ammo. When I purchased a 6.5x57R drilling from a friend about a decade ago, part of the deal was some factory ammo--among them several boxes of Hirtenberger brand loaded with 120-grain Sierra ProHunters.

The modern marketing theory among some major bullet-makers is apparently something for everyone, but if a company makes everything from monolithic hunting bullets to high-BC match bullets, some particular bullets are always going to be dropped--and those will be the models that don't sell much. And as hunters age (the average is now around 50) they're going to drop more of their "traditional" bullets, because the hunters who buy them are either disappearing (if not from life, at least from hunting). And even when they continue hunting, buy a box of 100-grain .25-caliber Interlock Spire Point every 3-4 years doesn't justify using machinery that could be making high-BC 6.5mm bullets that get used in far higher volumes.

Y
ou would have to bring the "Disappearing" . Hornady 25 cal 100 r interlock.