My mommy told me
to chose the very best one
You dirty, dish rag you.

we used My mother told me to pick the very best one, peach plum bubble gum

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Born in ‘51. The pledge and the Lord’s Prayer every morning at school. Cub Scout meeting was across the street from the school, in the Piney Woods. Brownies met in the school cafeteria. We knew and loved the lunch ladies and they would give you extra mashed potatoes and gravy. In music class we sung the Marine Corps Hymn. We walked or rode bikes to school and left them in a rack without locks. We played outside until the streetlights came on, then headed home. A hobo would pass through town occasionally. He would be offered work but only stay a few weeks and move on. Mr Jones would load up his ancient mule pulled wagon and deliver loads of cow manure across town for mom’s yard. The mailman and milkman were friends of ours. Everyone had a charge account at the butcher. The icehouse had the coldest Black Diamonds you ever tasted. Mom rented a frozen food locker and we would share a pig with a neighbor or two and keep the meat there. We had no freezer back then, barely ice cubes. From an ice tray.

I could go on but I’m now imagining how many folks are saying ‘ice tray?’ What’s that?

Cast

I have a short attention spa
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Hmm, that's a variation I hadn't heard. We did have the last set of lines but those were only added if you didn't like the person who got picked or didn't want them on your team. You could add a series of extra verses until they finally picked someone you wanted on your team.

Exactly! grin . . .kinda like tossing the bat and catching it one handed on the handle, then going hand over had to see who chooses first.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood

No,that is way cool!

Two of my favorites . . . an Avanti and 409 Chevy Impala

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cast
Born in ‘51. The pledge and the Lord’s Prayer every morning at school. Cub Scout meeting was across the street from the school, in the Piney Woods. Brownies met in the school cafeteria. We knew and loved the lunch ladies and they would give you extra mashed potatoes and gravy. In music class we sung the Marine Corps Hymn. We walked or rode bikes to school and left them in a rack without locks. We played outside until the streetlights came on, then headed home. A hobo would pass through town occasionally. He would be offered work but only stay a few weeks and move on. Mr Jones would load up his ancient mule pulled wagon and deliver loads of cow manure across town for mom’s yard. The mailman and milkman were friends of ours. Everyone had a charge account at the butcher. The icehouse had the coldest Black Diamonds you ever tasted. Mom rented a frozen food locker and we would share a pig with a neighbor or two and keep the meat there. We had no freezer back then, barely ice cubes. From an ice tray.

I could go on but I’m now imagining how many folks are saying ‘ice tray?’ What’s that?

Right there with you. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Cast

Mom used to make us kids Koolaide favored ice cubes in the summer.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In the spring, Mom would cut off my cotton long underwear and make what today would be called boxer briefs out of them. I was mortified to have anyone see them when I would change at the pool.

I would hide one pair of the cotton long johns so that I could wear them to church to keep those damned wool pants from driving me nuts during the (endless) service.

Last edited by 5sdad; 05/21/19.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 52 invisible), 1,697 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,041
Posts18,521,105
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.