Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
i live in a fairly good, southeast end section of lexington, not too many problems around here, yet anyway ,,last friday night ,at 10:30 p.m ,while watching tv ,heard someone at my door ,went over to look at peephole ,when WHAM ,some 20 something white fairly musculer guy with no shirt on slammed or kicked my door ,really hard ,as i ran into bedroom to get my short shotgun loaded with 00-buckshot ,and yelling to wife in bedroom ,call 911,he hit my door about 4 more times , by time got back to living room ,he was gone ,my wife dialed 911 and handed phone to me ,(lots of help here lol) me , adrenalin pumping holding phone and shotgun told 911 ,somebody kicking in my door ,and i got a shotgun, told them hopeing they knew to get there fast and to know i was armed and dont shoot me , well ,there station is not to far away ,they was there in 2 to 5 min. ,(of course that dont realy help) the guy and his girlfriend was still standing in road ,cops handcuffed him ,iam still pissed off ,ran outside without shotgun pointed at him and said dont you ever come back hear again ,cop smiled said his girlfriend said ,he took some LSD (acid) ,and he is fighting dragons ,nothing personal ,and he probably wont be back ,he dont know what he is doing , but that they was going to arrest him for public intoxication on drugs ,or some such,so i went back on my porch nothing i could do ,checked my door he split my door frame 16 to 18 inches up my door frame thru my lock plate , a couple more hits and he would have been in my house !!. that would not be good ,he was hitting door hard enuff wife heard it in back bedroom ,glad he did not make it in house ,would have not been good for any of us ,had to have whole door replaced ,of course my deductable is higher than cost of replacing door ,let a lone making insurance go up ,found out he lives around corner in one of the courts ,with his mother ,so dont think dopehead has any money ,work out of town so would have to take two days a pop to go to civil court losing more money ,so guess i will just have to eat this one ,and drug users keep saying drug use is a victimless crime ,"yea right". funny thing at the time this happened i was watching a DVD of that tv series ,Justified ,about Kentucky Marshal Raylan Givins based out of Lexington Ky , when seconds count ,the Police are minuets away

Last edited by rem shooter; 05/23/19.

NRA Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn good reminder.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Repel borders. grin

μολὼν λαβέ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
keep the shotgun loaded and ready so you wont waste time for his next visit.. and you can find a perement cure for his sickness. if you have children be careful of the shotgun..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Repel borders. grin

Repel boarders

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hubert
keep the shotgun loaded and ready so you wont waste time for his next visit.. and you can find a perement cure for his sickness. if you have children be careful of the shotgun..
,, .....shotgun was loaded ,but had to run to bedroom to get it , wife would not let me keep a pistol in the living room, like i always wanted , ,i think she is rethinking that , dont have any kids ,so good there ,i have a ccw ,always wore running shorts watching tv to be comfortable cant carry gun on those ,will have to rethink that

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Repel borders. grin

Thank you lol, no i cant spell anymore, to long out of school and dont write much ,my friends get me good on facebook lol

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Repel boarders at the borders.

Repeal borders policy. Okay, I stretched for that one.

Getting serious, that is scary. I live in a very quiet neighborhood in a quiet part of a still pretty quiet city, but one of our local neighborhood social media group reported someone trying to get into her house at 10:00 PM a couple of nights ago. That was a young 20-something woman banging on her door, She answered it with gun in hand - looked out the door window - and thought maybe the girl was in trouble and opened it just a bit but when the intruder tried to force her way in she was able to get it closed, then brought her gun up and racked the slide so the girl could see, which made the girl run off.

Turns out it was just a drunk but those things are nerve wracking for the home owner since you never know who the person is. If you shot some idiot because they were drunk that would weigh heavily on most folks, but if you allwed a truly violent person into your home that could be worse.

Sorry for your door, that's gotta be a royal PITA, but thankful it didn't escalate into something worse.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Does the man have any assets? If so a civil action might get some money back. Small claims or whatever.

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Snyper
Repel borders. grin

Repel boarders

grin

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The police could have (may have?) added a property destruction and some kind of attempted entry/burglary charge. It depends on the amount of damage and the felony/misdemeanor break point under applicable law as to the property damage charge, which would require some follow-up information.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yeah, the monetary value of the damage may hang a felony count on the dumbass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad things turned for the good. This is a good example of why you should have your pistol on you at all times.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem shooter
i live in a fairly good, southeast end section of lexington, not too many problems around here, yet anyway ,,last friday night ,at 10:30 p.m ,while watching tv ,heard someone at my door ,went over to look at peephole ,when WHAM ,some 20 something white fairly musculer guy with no shirt on slammed or kicked my door ,really hard ,as i ran into bedroom to get my short shotgun loaded with 00-buckshot ,and yelling to wife in bedroom ,call 911,he hit my door about 4 more times , by time got back to living room ,he was gone ,my wife dialed 911 and handed phone to me ,(lots of help here lol) me , adrenalin pumping holding phone and shotgun told 911 ,somebody kicking in my door ,and i got a shotgun, told them hopeing they knew to get there fast and to know i was armed and dont shoot me , well ,there station is not to far away ,they was there in 2 to 5 min. ,(of course that dont realy help) the guy and his girlfriend was still standing in road ,cops handcuffed him ,iam still pissed off ,ran outside without shotgun pointed at him and said dont you ever come back hear again ,cop smiled said his girlfriend said ,he took some LSD (acid) ,and he is fighting dragons ,nothing personal ,and he probably wont be back ,he dont know what he is doing , but that they was going to arrest him for public intoxication on drugs ,or some such,so i went back on my porch nothing i could do ,checked my door he split my door frame 16 to 18 inches up my door frame thru my lock plate , a couple more hits and he would have been in my house !!. that would not be good ,he was hitting door hard enuff wife heard it in back bedroom ,glad he did not make it in house ,would have not been good for any of us ,had to have whole door replaced ,of course my deductable is higher than cost of replacing door ,let a lone making insurance go up ,found out he lives around corner in one of the courts ,with his mother ,so dont think dopehead has any money ,work out of town so would have to take two days a pop to go to civil court losing more money ,so guess i will just have to eat this one ,and drug users keep saying drug use is a victimless crime ,"yea right". funny thing at the time this happened i was watching a DVD of that tv series ,Justified ,about Kentucky Marshal Raylan Givins based out of Lexington Ky , when seconds count ,the Police are minuets away

That might be the longest sentence I have ever read.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
That might be the longest sentence I have ever read.

Do you even internet, bro? That's nothing....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Glad things turned for the good. This is a good example of why you should have your pistol on you at all times.

Correct, but not so easy to do all the time. Once, I almost tried to buy a handful of cheap used 38s and put on here and there in the house just in case. Never got that far.

I find it much easier to stay armed in AK, since it stays cool and I don't have that urge to run around in drawers with sweat still rolling off me in the house...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I often don't take my gun off at night until I go to get a shower, even though there are guns stashed around the house. By that point, I've been wearing it all day, so what's another couple of hours?

The druggie trying to get in the wrong house thing happened to my brother a few years back. The guy was adamant that he was at the right house, even though my brother had a .45 aimed at him through the glass. He was steadily trying to get the door open, oblivious to the muzzle pointed at his face. Cops picked him up in the street. Turned out that he got a taxi from a bar after mixing pills and booze and he gave them the wrong street. He'd already walked up in a couple of houses on the street that didn't have their doors locked. Guy was lucky to survive such a series of mistakes.....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I keep a 12 loaded, with buckshot, hope to never use it!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad it ended fairly well for all involved.

This is why I don't live in town.

If it happens out here where I'm at, the leo's can remove the body.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had an apartment a few years ago off of man o war in Lexington, right by the liquor barn if you know where that is..

Two times I had people walk in my apartment and get half way in before realizing they were in the wrong apartment. Guess I should have locked the door more often?

Funny thing is I’ve done the same thing before, walked in “my” apartment and found a nice black family watching TV...oh [bleep] this isn’t my place!

I know that’s hardly the same thing as someone kicking your door in, but damn you
Guys sit around having day dreams of shooting someone on your lawn?

Last edited by rosco1; 05/23/19.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.