Print Thread
Hop To
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll be TDY to Elmendorf June 15-22 and want to do some fishing. Aren't there Kings and Silvers running around that time? Can anyone recommend a guide for a one day trip?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Forget the kings... They already closed the season based on poor run projections.

Silvers do not start by then.

Fishing close to Anchorage at that time is poor. Great fishing down on the Kenai for red salmon by then, usually.

Good trout fishing to be had.

Happy to provide a guide recommendation with a few more details about how and what you want to fish and how much gear you will bring.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
blairvt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
PM sent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good talking to you and good luck!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I will be there from June 19-July1. I hope to find some stupid fish myself...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Forget the kings... They already closed the season based on poor run projections.

Fishing close to Anchorage at that time is poor. Great fishing down on the Kenai for red salmon by then, usually.

Happy to provide a guide recommendation with a few more details about how and what you want to fish and how much gear you will bring.
Did they already shut down the king fishery in Ship Creek?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

No, it is open and there are some fish there, but that is not an experience I would wish on most folks...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

No, it is open and there are some fish there, but that is not an experience I would wish on most folks...
Lol...........has to be one of the only fisheries where businessman, homeless people and everything in between, all get to fish together.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I work for a company that guides in Talkeetna. We are doing ok on trout/dolly and grayling currently. Kings are closed and probably will be period. Salmon will be in later but obviously not on a specific time clock ether.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
You could hit the Tail Race out in the Valley and Ship Creek in town. Other than that, you are going to have to drive a little ways to get a salmon in June.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
or go to 10th & M and buy one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I work for a company that guides in Talkeetna. We are doing ok on trout/dolly and grayling currently. Kings are closed and probably will be period. Salmon will be in later but obviously not on a specific time clock ether.

No way. you are a building inspector / fireman in Texas!!
smile or, is that usetabee??

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 257man, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.