Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LINK, in case you missed it

As the 2017 NFL season got underway, an open letter written the year before by retired Marine Col. Jeffery Powers to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about players kneeling during the United States national anthem reappeared on social media. Days earlier, it had been reported that 17 players had joined Colin Kaepernick in protesting the police shootings of black men by kneeling during the national anthem before games. Powers’ letter first gained attention on 17 September 2016, when conservative commentator Allen B. West posted it to his web site:

Commissioner,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the morale courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone? Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is ok? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multimillion dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applause those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do 24/7 often with lead,not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many do t have legs or arms. Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC(ret)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB4

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Haven't watched a NFL game in over two years and I have no intention to start again.

They can eat poo and die for all I care...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fuqkin' A Bubba!!

The NFL and it's players can disappear from the face of the earth for all I care.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Fuqkin' A Bubba!!

The NFL and it's players can disappear from the face of the earth for all I care.

+1

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Plus 2

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NFL is dead to me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The only problem I have with the Col.'s letter is his misapplication of the 1st Amendment (freedom of speech)

Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly? . . . isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

The 1st Amendment applies only to the federal government infringement, not to owners and commissioners of the NFL.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I LIKE THAT........ A lot....... Haven't watched anything even resembling the NFL since 2012. Here's my rant.......... I'd like to watch sports but that disgusting, multi million dollar, left wing Hollywood circus act and reality show does not qualify as a legitimate sport. Football is a good game but not when the NFL turns it into a quasi-theatrical production. Who the hell is the NFL commissioner anyway ? Jerry Springer ????. Instead of the national anthem why don't they just have a ceremonial American flag burning before each game.? P.T. Barnum was truly a prophet with his " there's a sucker born every minute" comment and it's true with the millions of dollars the NFL rakes in from people who blindly support this vile and disgusting organization that basically throws the finger to decency and basic values. The NFL leadership is right on par with all the commie leftists in Hollywood and that seems fitting because they are both in show business and NOT professional sports. Best football game I've seen in years was two high school teams on a local cable access station. It was good. It was real. It was much better than watching another episode of "NFL Drama Theater - America's Number One Soap Opera". Not to mention being a giant stage for all sorts of left wing activist B.S.................... Rant over; I feel much better now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You did a good job there, 22250rem. You oughta feel like a million bucks.

grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Great comment there 22250

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NFL = Not Fuggin' Lately

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you for posting that.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The NFL also seeks to exert pressure on states and cities by threat of boycott to influence social engineering laws like allowing men in women's restrooms, etc. There is nothing the NFL can do to get my viewership back.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Fuqkin' A Bubba!!

+1

They can all gofuckthemselves!

Fück Joe byron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Big Plus #1 Rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
NFL = Not Fuggin' Lately

........... Or else; Not Fer Long

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He was being too nice. I'd line them fucquers up and put a bullet in their head for disrespecting the country that made it possible for thieves, drug addicts, and wife beaters to be millionaires for running with a ball.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Had enough reason to disrespect the NFL, long before Colon Krapperdick ever showed up on the scene..

Still a Packers fan... but instead of watching the game, just glad to hear on the news when they win....
and the VyQueens Loose....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
“Morale courage”?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The NFL is dead to me.

You took the words out of my mouth. Going on 3 years for me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 74 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,888
Posts18,479,129
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.