Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 16bore
Doesn’t bourbon have to come from Kentucky? Like champagne has to come from France?

IIRC bourbon has a French history. That’ll bum out the haters.

If it's made in a state other than Kentucky, it can't be called "Kentucky Bourbon"...

Legal requirements we've had for awhile.

They excluded the French version from being called bourbon...

Bourbon Requirements

On 4 May 1964, the United States Congress recognized Bourbon Whiskey as a “distinctive product of the United States.” The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 CFR 5) state that bourbon must meet these requirements:

* Bourbon must be made of a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn.
* Bourbon must be distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume).
* Bourbon must be aged in new, charred oak barrels.
* Bourbon may not be introduced to the barrel at higher than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume).
* Bourbon which meets the above requirements and has been aged for a minimum of two years, may (but is not required to) be called Straight Bourbon.
* Bourbon aged for a period less than four years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
* If an age is stated on the label, it must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle.
* Only whiskey produced in the United States can be called bourbon.

http://bourbonbuzz.com/bourbon-requirements/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife and I stopped by there last summer on our way back from Stone Mountain. Neat place, but I didn't think it was worth the price of admission to take a tour, and I don't drink, so didn't care to taste it. They also had a no firearms allowed policy, so I did a quick look around, and left.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
My wife and I stopped by there last summer on our way back from Stone Mountain. Neat place, but I didn't think it was worth the price of admission to take a tour, and I don't drink, so didn't care to taste it. They also had a no firearms allowed policy, so I did a quick look around, and left.

It is common for a workplace to ask you to leave your firearm outside.

I have the same policy in my factory

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Can I ask your reasoning for that?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Can I ask your reasoning for that?

Modern reality...... it's insurance driven

But in actuality non-employees arent allowed and this is also insurance driven

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't advertise the fact that I carry, and I carry in a lot of places that I'm not supposed to......but they are places where I have a need to be, hospital, school, some stores. If a business is adamant about no firearms allowed, then I don't go there. Same way with states that don't honor my CC permit, I don't travel there.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't advertise the fact that I carry, and I carry in a lot of places that I'm not supposed to......but they are places where I have a need to be, hospital, school, some stores. If a business is adamant about no firearms allowed, then I don't go there. Same way with states that don't honor my CC permit, I don't travel there.

My wife is a nurse in a lock down unit "Behavioral Health" not even LEO are allowed inside with a firearm. I would hope if you ever viseted a place like that you would leave it outside.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Slightly more than the Old Granddad I like.....wowsa!

Old Granddad 100 proof. That was my choice, too!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoyed the pictures and education. As a Scotch drinker (and almost none now), I thank JD and other distillers for selling off barrels to the Scots. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

School?! JFC.....you get caught carrying in a school they'd [bleep] crucify you.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carry when I'm in the chinese buffet.

Never know what's going to happen when nem krab laags come out

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Didn’t take the tour either....walked around the little town, ate some ice cream, called it a day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see none of the resident whiskey snobs have participated in this thread.

Obviously they belong to a union. grin

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I carry when I'm in the chinese buffet.

Never know what's going to happen when nem krab laags come out

Don't you know it !!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
That’s fugking depressing.
LMAO... You're right..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I grew up close to Lynchburg. In the 1950s the emptied barrels were not designer furniture and otherwise highly desired items. When a run of barrels was bottled the freshly-emptied barrels were either sold cheap or given away if you knew someone who worked there and didn't get greedy. My dad got one for a dog house. All he did was saw out a door for a medium-sized dog in one end of it, lay it on its side, and block it to keep it from rolling. The smell was strong in the beginning but Spot didn't seem to mind. Even after a dog had lived in it for a couple of years, you could faintly smell the whiskey on a hot day.

They also used to sell the used mash to cattle farmers. The farmers would have a metal trough close to the road so they could get their tank truck close enough to dump the mash in it. it is a good memory to be riding a back road, smell mash, and see a bunch of cows lapping it up. Bet that was some good beef.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My wife visited the Makers Mark distillery--
Very interesting tour--
When in the tasting room, i found a brand that I liked. Was gonna buy some for my son and I.
t the gift shop. I was very disapointed when the one I liked was not available for sale.
I asked why it was not and was told-- it was all in shipping.
BTW, there was a lot of the two brands they wanted to sell!

Bullspit!

Left empty handed and went elsewhere

Will never buy from them-- told them so too.
There were a lot of folks disapointed in that sales shop.

Last edited by TBREW401; 05/28/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the early 70's you could buy a just opened/drained barrel for $7. Put 4 gallons of distilled water in the barrel, leave it in a hot garage and shake it every few days. In a few weeks you had 4 gallons of 60 or so proof whiskey. Great if you like it over ice. Only got to do it twice, before moving out of town. Those were the good old days.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,824
Posts18,496,551
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.