Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I get it. I’m just saying that I shouldn’t have to be obliged to floor it when some a-hole come flying up. I’m certainly glad to move over once the pass is made. I just shouldn’t have to accommodate the pos that is barreling down the road.

Nor should you have to immediately move back into the right lane by unsafely squeezing between two bumpers while passing a bunch of slow movers either. The typical 95+ mph tailgater believes you either must risk a ticket speeding or immediately move to the right lane when it is unsafe to do so. They can't see past their perceived gross inconvenience of having to slow down even a little for the time it takes someone moving slower than them to pass a truly slow group in the right lane. Just because there is enough room for a car to physically fit between two cars in the right lane totally ignores maintaining an assured distance from the car in front. Never mind if that car in front in the right lane brakes for whatever reason while trying to squeeze in, causing a rear end collision.

Another good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
There are also laws on the books concerning talking and texting behind the wheel, use of turn signals, etc. etc., but they're meaningless if they aren't enforced.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffyD
There are also laws on the books concerning talking and texting behind the wheel, use of turn signals, etc. etc., but they're meaningless if they aren't enforced.

As there are against speeding - same is true of them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's just one more BS law that can't be enforced.
If they want to pass that one they need to be more strict on speeders too.
If I'm in the left lane and doing more than the speed limit, I don't much care if some ass thinks I'm going too slow.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Those busybodies slipped that through in GA, too. The news announced it when it first broke. There was an initial uproar. Then it got passed at the last minute with no fanfare whatsoever. People got upset again, then. That's how they pass unpopular measures.

It's made traffic worse and caused some accidents that I have witnessed personally. It has nothing to do with easing traffic or safety. It's all about more of using government to get your way. It's almost as bad as the Mover Over Act.

These are the kind of people who are hastening the slow bleed of liberty in this country.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snyper
It's just one more BS law that can't be enforced.
If they want to pass that one they need to be more strict on speeders too.
If I'm in the left lane and doing more than the speed limit, I don't much care if some ass thinks I'm going too slow.

You have no idea what that "ass" is doing, or why they want to get past you. Could be a guy with a wife who's having a baby, trying to get to the hospital.

But your "right" to keep him in your rearview trumps that, I suppose.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good on Alabama

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Truckers are the worst and most frustrating left lane bandits. They seem to wait until you are just about to pass them (with absolutely nobody behind you,) then they dart over into the left lane, (requiring you to brake hard,) usually on a long uphill grade, and drive side by side with another 18-wheeler for miles before finally overtaking the rig and moving over. Total dumb asses IMO.

One of my pet peeves. Pisses me off to no end. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Truckers are the worst and most frustrating left lane bandits. They seem to wait until you are just about to pass them (with absolutely nobody behind you,) then they dart over into the left lane, (requiring you to brake hard,) usually on a long uphill grade, and drive side by side with another 18-wheeler for miles before finally overtaking the rig and moving over. Total dumb asses IMO.

One of my pet peeves. Pisses me off to no end. 😡

Almost as bad as dam bicycle riders. Two or 3 wide, won't move over, and block traffic for miles. I see signs with a bicycle on it that say "Share the road", ain't never seen a sign that says give them the whole lane...

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Lot of states have a similar law. I've never heard of it being enforced.

Michigan tries to enforce the "keep righ unless passing" law. Yet morons still move into the left lane and stay there immediately upon entering a freeway.

Only in AnnArbor!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Colorado's issue is suburban cowboys towing more than they should be. Hey, the tow rating on my Lexus says 9000lbs! I'm totally fine with 8500lbs. - even got 500lbs. to spare! These are the a-holes that hold up traffic here. They go 45 in a 65 on a holiday weekend...and that's on the flat or downhills. Law says slower traffic must yield, but they never do. Ever. I wish this law would be enforced.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by JeffyD

As there are against speeding - same is true of them.

All true.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
As stated, it’s worthless unless enforced.

My ex-in-laws moved into a senior’s condo building. On the wall of the laundry room was a sign that said: “Driving rules for Seniors”

It only had one rule: “If people are passing you on the right, YOU’RE IN THE WRONG LANE!!”

Of course, it can apply to everyone.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Georgia has had that same law for several years. It is not enforced unless the police want to stop a car to check for
other things.

I wish they would enforce it to the full extent and get those idiots out of the fast lane.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Good for Alabama. I'm a big fan of using the "fast lane" as a passing lane only. Hopefully, to go along with it, they start ticketing the jerks who run up on someone's bumper driving 20 over the speed limit, as they are passing a long line of trucks and not moving over fast enough for the wannabe NASCAR drivers.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
[Linked Image]

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Lot of states have a similar law. I've never heard of it being enforced.

Washington State has been enforcing it.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Anyone who spent much time on the autobahn in Germany would learn not to camp in the left lane. You soon learned, no matter how fast you were going, someone was going faster. SOP was to start flashing your lights about 1/4 mile back when you were coming up on a slower vehicle in the left lane. Before pulling out to pass, you damn sure checked the mirror for the Porsche coming up at 140 mph. You passed then got the hell out of the way. Very stressful for most North Americans. GD

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They have that law in Texas too, doubt if it’s enforced much.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by hanco
They have that law in Texas too, doubt if it’s enforced much.

Sure as [bleep] doesn't work. The old ranchers are the worst.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 02bfishn, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.