Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Congratulations brother.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fresh pot of boiled coffee to toast you proper. Stay strong and ride the high country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Never imagined such a thing would be possible, sixteen years ago I planned around benders!

I am still me, I still f u c k u k u p, just not as consistently, as often or as bad!

Celebrate... I have a lot to be thankful for.

If you can, responsibly, have one for me dudes!

(Yes, this is rather self-congratulatory grin)

I congratulate you and ask you to join me in celebrating 45 years but for a different reason I suspect. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ditto - going on 5. Tho I didn't plan around benders....the bastids sneaked up on me.

Fairly amazing how much better I feel on a daily basis.

That chit's bad for you.

I miss beer..... on occaision.. smile

Last edited by las; 05/29/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good for you.

I used to practically live in bars and roadhouses and never thought I’d not go to them but it’s rare now if I do. I used to have several beers everyday, but one day I didn’t and I didn’t have any the next day either and I started feeling great. I quit drinking purely by accident or divine providence, definitely not on purpose. I’ll still drink occasionally or social occasions if the mood strikes but anymore the mood rarely strikes. I never had an incident that pushed me to quit or any sort of epiphany, it just happened by mistake. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Also - Good for you!

I had 30 years of sobriety, and then relapsed and hit all the bottoms I never experienced when younger.
I thought it was too late, broken down and too old to have any chance again. No hope.

But with God's grace and friends in AA - I feel better and saner now than ever, for several years again.
No matter, the number of years - It's just living 'one day at a time' that counts.

I'm glad you shared!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I was a functioning (sort-of) drunk (pretty much every night) , then I was an alcoholic for a few months. Hated the meetings - always wanted a drink after... so I quit the meetings - actually, they were often fun in the second one I found - some good people there- I just hated the idea I "had" to go, and so became a non-drinker. ("If I have to be an alcoholic, it just ain't worth it!" smile )

Lots of folks don't have it so easy. Some of them go AA twice daily (first one) . Gave me a valuable perspective.

I definitely needed the initial counseling and AA meetings tho.

The "higher power", 12 step, and tokens .... well, if they help someone...

I didn't have it bad.... but bad enough. There is alcohol in the house now - wife has a glass of wine nearly every night, a couple beers in the fridge for guests, and several hard brands in the cupboards for guests.

I just don't- but it wasn't real easy...

Last edited by las; 05/29/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Congrats Boomer, it sure feels good don't it?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Never imagined such a thing would be possible, sixteen years ago I planned around benders!

I am still me, I still f u c k u k u p, just not as consistently, as often or as bad!

Celebrate... I have a lot to be thankful for.

If you can, responsibly, have one for me dudes!

(Yes, this is rather self-congratulatory grin)

For anyone who goes thru a 12 step program, being clean and sober for 15 years is quite an accomplishment... for some guys being Clean and Sober for 15 months is a big milestone...

Congrats.... and I hope you enjoy another 15 years Clean and Sober...or a couple of them...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
To all ya'll, a big thanks for sharing a bit of the celebration with me! Good luck finding and holding onto what works for you. Cheers!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations, MtnBoomer, I know some days must have been tough, maybe all of them. Good on you for staying true to you.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Congratulations. It is tough to say no.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Congratulations! Stay the course.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good going.

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good for you! Too many good folks are lost to addictions. Fortunately, my body's just not built for heavy drinking, so it's never been an issue.

Now, if I could just put down that fork a little sooner!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The other proverbial fork in the road leads to a lonely bitter life, living in a dilapidated mobile home in the desert, whittling the last months of life away cussing people out on an internet forum.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
One of my best friends is a “functioning alcoholic “. We have discussed addiction over and over. I am the opposite. I can drink or not. Always my choice. I have not over imbibed in more than half a life time.
That said, I realize what a monumental commitment it takes when you choose to get the bear off your back. Congratulations for staying the course.

Sam......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WVGuy
Congratulations! Stay the course.

He stole my thunder so I'll second his encouragement.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Congrats! I will have three fingers of 12 year Glenmorangie in your honor tonight at bed-thirty! cool

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 54 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.