Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Our youngest graduated high school today and is going away to school out of state in a month. I always thought being an empty nester would be cool, but now that reality has set in, I'm not so sure.

Empty nest and empty wallet are not the same.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It gets real quiet. Disconcertingly quiet when they all leave the nest. The secret is to raise your kids to be self-sufficient and I'm proud to say all of my adult children are doing great but me and Grammy will always be a backstop just in case.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My two have taken on life and are doing well.

I knew that I had done well when my DAUGHTER, that lived about 2 1/2 hours away at the time, called and said she was moving to a different apartment and wanted to know what size U-Haul she should rent.................. When asked if she needed a hand she sad, NOPE, I got it covered!!! When asked who was going to drive the truck.................. SHE was! I did tell her to buy all the insurance they sell. She called back and said I was right about how they stop!!!

It's one thing when your daughters, at 21, step out into the world, grab hold of it and do well..... It's a nightmare when the parents die and the kids find themselves alone in the world for the first time at 50..............

Mine were/are prepared to live with us GONE.............

One married in Atlanta, the other single in Chicago, we are in Florida............ I am proud, happy and somewhat sad all at once.

AND..... can walk naked through the house without a worry.............

smile

Last edited by muffin; 06/03/19.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When our oldest headed off to college, he probably hadn't turned onto the highway when we had his room emptied and prepping for paint to be transformed into an office. When the youngest headed off, my bride was almost beside herself missing her. I said we should take a bit of a vacation and she agreed to that. When we returned from our trip to Williamsburg, VA, her anxieties had vanished. Problem solved.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give 'em time to breed and they'll be dumping the grandkids on you all the time.
You'll be right back to the terrible twos before you know it.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Damn, Sal.

You got grandkids already?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sometimes it actually gets harder I think — they are gone and out of the house but you are never finished being a parent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22
'Mother Dearest' flew the coop, when the nest emptied out....

Pretty much the way it was here, but my son lives a 15min drive away and looking after his daughter most weekends since she was two has been a source of quite unexpected joy.

Being a schoolteacherI ain’t alone all the much anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Our youngest graduated high school today and is going away to school out of state in a month. I always thought being an empty nester would be cool, but now that reality has set in, I'm not so sure.

It's bittersweet, I'm glad they are out in the world making their own way just like we taught them.

One lives 1 mile down the road and the other lives three miles down the road. I see them lots and the grandgirls are here all the time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Holy mother of god I can’t wait til the day comes. I love them all but lord help me...they’ve been given the skills to survive on their own, been taught the importance of work, saving, paying, staying out of debt...

The youngest is 2. She might have to stay to take care of my old ass in 16 years. Barring that...she’ll be fine.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Damn, Sal.

You got grandkids already?

Just the facts of life.

Proud NRA Life Member
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 2ndwind, 4214chip, 36 invisible), 2,980 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,623
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.