Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
It doesn't have a boat tail, has a measly BC of .368 and is about as plain looking as a bullet can get. But it is a tough little bullet that I can get to 2800 fps out of an 181/2 inch barrel. I bought a bunch of them from a member here and tested them today. I decided to start with IMR 4350 because that was in the coffee cup I load out of and it seemed I would have plenty of room in the little case. Started at 46.0 grains and went to 48.0 grains in half grain increments getting 3 shot 1 inch groups with all loads and zero pressure signs. The base of the bullet is even with the shoulder neck junction and the powder is mildly compressed. POI is exactly 2.2 inches high at 100 yards. Probably would have shot tighter groups but I was shooting off a gun case laid across a lawn tractor tire on my bench. Dug 2 of them out of my hard damp clay backstop and the core/jacket were together but separated when I dug them up after 8 inches of penetration into the clay. Will use the 48.0 grain loading, primer is a CCI 250. I guess I will shoot some milk jugs full of water to have some data to compare other bullets with. So I looked at the Speer online data and their data says I could go to 50 gr, of IMR 4350. I loaded 3 up with 49.0 and found the powder took up just past half the neck and figured this was enough. These shot just as well as the 48.0 gr. load. I found that my water jug collection was big enough so that I could spare 4 to run a bullet through. Set up at 100 yards the bullet flattened the first jug, almost flattened the second blew a big hole in the third and the bullet made a 1/2 inch hole in and out of the fourth making a 1/2 inch dent in the pine backboard bouncing off into the abyss not to be found. the second and third jug had a good collection of lead fragments in them and there were some fragments laying on the ground near the first and second jugs. No fragments in the fourth and no jacket material was found at all leaving me to believe the expanded jacket with some lead in it hit the backstop. However it has been my experience that a bullet that penetrates four jugs gives plenty of penetration and that bullets fragmenting cause more radial damage. So my take is this will work just fine for deer and pretty good on hogs. About the rifle, a Model 7 Remington restocked with a Predator camou pattern factory stock, this rifle is very consistent, seems to shoot everything well and puts different loads close enough to use hunting with no sighting in for a particular load needed. I wish my 257 Roberts was this well behaved.

Last edited by rickt300; 06/07/19.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I have good luck with Big Game using 48.0 for 3038fps, with Starline cases, 130gr SPBT No 1624 and CCI 250 primers 2.750 OAL. RL16 using 49.5gr gave 3007FPS CCI250 and Win cases. RL17 gave 3100 FPS but load was to hot.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Have to shoot my way through the I4350 I have before I change powders. 2800 fps gives a flat enough trajectory for no hold over 300 yard shooting which is probably 125 yards farther than I will shoot at my new lease. That said are you getting those speeds from an 18 1/2 inch barrel?

Dog I rescued in January

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Big Game woke my Remington Model Seven 7-08 up. I'm getting 2860fps with 140 grain Partitions out of my 20" barrel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

I have good luck with Big Game using 48.0 for 3038fps, with Starline cases, 130gr SPBT No 1624 and CCI 250 primers 2.750 OAL. RL16 using 49.5gr gave 3007FPS CCI250 and Win cases. RL17 gave 3100 FPS but load was to hot.

GT: any experience with the 130Sperr BT on deer or other game?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too Zookie for me.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Alright Stick is looking up "Zookie"!

zookie
verb:
1. to pass out or sleep on a mattress that is not the one you normally sleep in;
2. often involves sleeping on a mattress placed in a bathroom or shower room;
3. often involves the process of puking, peeing, or crapping yourself, or a combination of the three--also known as the trifecta.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things fhuqking funnier,than a Texan doing her BEST. Congratulations?!?

The only thing you are going to "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I have enough fun. Funny that you would use the word Zookie.

Last edited by rickt300; 06/07/19.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well I have enough fun. Funny that you would use the word Zookie.

A fhuqking Texan had to edit that!?! Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Big hands, hear yours aren't so big.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...what were the "odds" of a Texan firing up her Imagination and Pretend,so she could "hear" "things"? Congratulations?!?

You single digit IQ brokedick fence hoppers are a fhuqking RIOT!

Bless your heart for trying to "talk" rifles.

Hint................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Flipping salmon eggs and snaggin sticks!

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy the high pitched throes of a Texas Hissy Fit,as a Fence Hopper sets upon her do Nothing kchunt and waxes eloquent upon her very WELL founded Insecurities. Congratulations?!?

How come all of my pictures are fhuqking magnificent?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint..................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have to say Stick you can take a picture. However in the interlude I went out to my range and did the final sight in with the 130 gr. Hotcor's, two clicks left and put eight into just under and inch. Warmed up the Harley and am headed for the Hog Wild watering hole to aggravate some friends there. Good fishing to you Stick.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...a Pavement Pounding Texan,what were the fhuqking "odds"? Congratulations?!?

Pardon the splendor.

Hint...............

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well there is 400 yards of a gravel driveway to the road!

Dog I rescued in January

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Have to use all copper bullets this year. Thats why I have been working on the Barnes for 2 years. Looks like they
will work. Going to use the 120gr this year. May try the 140gr Barnes later. Only had the rifle about 6 months so have not hunted
at all with it. The 130gr Speer would be my first choice. Probably never get to hunt with them. You-Tube has a very good penetration
test on them.

Last edited by GunTruck50; 06/09/19.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
st, years ago probably 20, we shot a bunch of whitetails with the 130 gr. Speer.. Both fb, and bt... Never had one get away.. Ranges were not long maybe 225 at most.. I used them out of my old 7mm RM. I loaded a few in my 7mm-08, shot them away at varmints mostly.. I would have no problem using them in the 7mm-08 .. But I have bought other bullets and never resupplyed the Speers.. In my area, they are not common.. Unless required by law, they would kill as many deer as Barnes, and maybe do a better job..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am going back to regular cup and core bullets for deer, I started using Ballistic Tips in place of them years ago and got great performance out of them. I used the 150 gr. BT and the 140 gr. Partition extensively in my 7x57. In my 7-08 the 150 BT is a bit long and I wanted less powder compression so why not use shorter bullets in it and take advantage of a bit more powder capacity. In this rifle the 145 gr. and 130 gr. Speers along with the 140 gr. Partition hit very close to the same POA and I can use all of them at my whim without having to sight in again. Great for on game testing purposes.

Dog I rescued in January

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Good plan!!!

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Another good thread, f'd up courtesy of The "Pride" of Craig/Nowhere AK....

I've played with the 130 Speers out of a 7/08 Howa...

it gave me tiny little groups....that was at 100 , 200 and 300 yds...

Per usual I was loading them with Rl 15, 4064 and IMR 4895...

30 grains of 4198 or RL 7 made a very nice youth load...still able to reach out to 300 yds comfortably.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the input, Gentlemen. There were some 130 Speer BTs sitting lonesome on my shelf. Decided to give them a shot in a 280. They make small groups at about 3080fps, but haven't tried them on deer. I have no doubt they would work fine for broadside lung shots. Just wondering about their performance at fairly close range with a high shoulder shot. Often need to do that to anchor them on the spot. Guess I''ll try 'em on hogs first and see if the don't bounce off.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I killed a couple of blacktail bucks with the 130 gr flat base version in a .284.
They were pretty close, but the bullets hung together and did what they’re supposed to do.
If I owned a 7-08, I’d be very comfortable running that bullet........

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pass the best bullets...as per the given platform. Hint.

That'll simply equate to a 162 'Max,ELD-M or 180 ELD-M in 7-08(depending upon twist rate and gross RPM,along with throat/COAL latitude).

You gals best fire your fhuqking Google up.

HINT.

Laughing!...........................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sticks diagnosis.

Attached Images
Last edited by rickt300; 06/13/19.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I simply shoot it all,while you Window Licking Cluessless Fhuqks "shoot" your mouths and Imaginations. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bullets matter more than headstamp,but in fairness I gun a coupla headstamps. Hint.

[Linked Image]

The 130 Speer is a fhuqking dismal "choice",but I'm farrrrr from "surprised",because I know you gals are doing your best.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
A dismal choice? I don't know what exactly your shooting conditions are but for under 300 yard shots at deer a pointed flat base bullet works pretty good. That said I don't see any need to shoot past 450 yards ever, I can get closer or set up my shot better than that. I have three 7MM rifles presently, a 7-08, a 280AI and a 7MM Remington magnum. I also burned up 40 rounds of 257 Roberts this morning just to find out it doesn't like WC 852 that much.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to "talk" rifles. Congratulations?!?

I get it...that you are MUCH too fhuqking STUPID to get it and the only fhuqking reason it is hilarious,is because you are doing your BEST. LAUGHING!

Feel free to "explain" and "condone" your incredible fhuqking STUPIDITY,by whatever means your Imagination and Pretend "grants" you as "sufficient"...just keep doing it aloud.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
So it is stupid to use cheap appropriate bullets for the chore at hand? Do you smoke mushrooms?

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to "talk" rifles. Congratulations?!?

I shoot LOTS of .395 BC Venison Bullets at 2850fps from 18" spouts. They are called 75gr Hornady BTHP's and via Krunchenticker Rifle Gas 223's. Hint.

I also shoot a LOT of .467 BC Venison Bullets at 3100fps from 18" 223AI boltguns,via 75 ELD-M. Hint.

If only for starters and to your chagrin,as you set mired in your STUPIDITY.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint..................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Layne Simpson wrote years ago a fella's fave WT Deer combo used a 7/08 and 130s. IIRC, one is a Hot-Core, believe the Flat Base. I dumped a deer in Tx years ago with a 700 V using a 130 Sierra Single Shot pistol bullet over 4895. Did fine. The 130s might well rival the 120 NBTs, I'd not sweat them to common distances. My former A-bolt Micro-Medallian preferred them to 140s, believe the Browning spec published showed a 10 ROT. 20" bbl.....

130s did well in a 7BR rifle I ran...anything heavier dropped too much lacking speed in the smallish case. Ran 2666, 140s ran about 2550. 120s did 2860 and did pretty well.

If accurate in my rifle, I would be happy to run them on most deer to 400 yds.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hush, Larry. The adults are trying to have a conversation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mouthexas,

That would exclude you by gender,along with "knowledge","experience" and "results". Congratulations?!?

If it helps your Imagination and Pretend,feel free to "convince" yourself I don't have a Seven in 7-08 either.

Bless your heart for trying sooooooooo hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 65BR
Layne Simpson wrote years ago a fella's fave WT Deer combo used a 7/08 and 130s. IIRC, one is a Hot-Core, believe the Flat Base. I dumped a deer in Tx years ago with a 700 V using a 130 Sierra Single Shot pistol bullet over 4895. Did fine. The 130s might well rival the 120 NBTs, I'd not sweat them to common distances. My former A-bolt Micro-Medallian preferred them to 140s, believe the Browning spec published showed a 10 ROT. 20" bbl.....

130s did well in a 7BR rifle I ran...anything heavier dropped too much lacking speed in the smallish case. Ran 2666, 140s ran about 2550. 120s did 2860 and did pretty well.

We all shot Bajillions of them in XP-100 7-08's and they could still be zookie there and not to be trusted for anything. The 120 V-Max upon inception,grossly outperformed them,as well as the .284" NBT's,but most everyone went X's through the various generations.

Can't think of an application,where the HotCor would get the nod,because they are simply bottom rung "performers",from any/all angles.

Hint..................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah we all know that Bullets with extraordinary BCs leave mundane Bullets in the dust at extended range.

Some of us prefer to fit the tool to the job. My Ferrari 488 Spider blows my Willys away on the Interstate (oh, sorry, that’s a limited access highway). But I much prefer my Jeep for bouncing around the ranch.

You know...just facts and physics.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Comic entertainment has it's limits, we ain't there yet!

Attached Images
offending reb flag.jpg (27.27 KB, 51 downloads)

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mouthtexas,

I very much enjoy how melting Snowflake Texans always must "we",as a salve to their STUPIDITY. Congratulations?!?

Reality is,if you had even an inkling of a first fhuqking clue,you simply would not have started a Thread. Hint.

In fairness however,Stupid Fhuqks often "think" they "know" things,but couldn't be further from the mark. That is THE only fhuqking reason,it is sooooooo fhuqking funny. Hint.

Your gross inability to savvy the first thing about BC,is as fhuqking hilarious as your very WELL founded Insecurities. hint.

Might be a good time reiterate,how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying soooooooo hard.

LAUGHING!

Hint...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by 65BR

We all shot Bajillions of them in XP-100 7-08's and they could still be zookie there and not to be trusted for anything. The 120 V-Max upon inception,grossly outperformed them,as well as the .284" NBT's,but most everyone went X's through the various generations.

Can't think of an application,where the HotCor would get the nod,because they are simply bottom rung "performers",from any/all angles.

Hint..................

I used the 160 gr. Hotcor for years out of my 7x57 and never had an issue with penetration, accuracy or anything else. In fact I kept on using it when the Ballistic Tips were having their teething issues. Soo what does "zookie" mean in connection with the 130 gr. Speer Hotcor?

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mouthtexas,

The 160 is not a 130,which will only come as a "surprise" to you. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the EPIC fhuqking hilarity,of you doing your best!

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
[quote=Big Stick]mouthtexas,

I very much enjoy how melting Snowflake Texans always must "we",as a salve to their STUPIDITY. Congratulations?!?

AK has a snowflake for Governor not Texas

Reality is,if you had even an inkling of a first fhuqking clue,you simply would not have started a Thread. Hint.

Clue, baiting short fuggs is all I needed for a clue!

In fairness however,Stupid Fhuqks often "think" they "know" things,but couldn't be further from the mark. That is THE only fhuqking reason,it is sooooooo fhuqking funny. Hint.

Still smoking mushrooms?

Your gross inability to savvy the first thing about BC,is as fhuqking hilarious as your very WELL founded Insecurities. hint.

BC? Most of the killing of game I do could be accomplished with a round ball from a 50 caliber muzzle loader or my bow, sectional density means more at close ranges than BC.

Might be a good time reiterate,how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

So you imitating a jackass flatters the jackass! I see.

Flipping salmon eggs and snagging sticks is easy!

LAUGHING!

Smoking them mushrooms is bad for ya Stick.

Hint...............

Eat some yellow snow for us.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mouthtexas,

Saying something in Spanish...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your only remaining move is Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as it's a Melting Snowflake staple.

Very GOOD call to refrain trying to "talk" rifles and going right to Vagina Monologue Whining instead. At least there,you can reflect in the first hand.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint...........................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Facts:

1) I did not start the thread
2) I never mentioned a 160
3) I never used Spanish

Sorry you’re so confused.

Offer stands; if you ever want to have an adult conversation minus the sophomoric insults and gibberish, let me know.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mouthtexas,

You've never started a Thread? Congratulations?!?

You Texans are all the same...fhuqking CLUELESS.

Say something in Spanish.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
mouthtexas,

You've never started a Thread? Congratulations?!?

You Texans are all the same...fhuqking CLUELESS.

Say something in Spanish.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

how would this do?

Eres un jodido idiota, y hueles a pez muerto y mierda de oso

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

What were the "odds"...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

The only thing you shoot,is your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Hint................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

What were the "odds"...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

The only thing you shoot,is your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Hint................

Gee Schtumpy....

this is only the 3450th time I've received this cut and paste post from you....

not counting everyone else....who has received the same thing....

Hope this finds you doing well... and looking forward to a good productive summer... all week of it...

Myself, I'll be down in Texas hanging out with my friends from Alaska who are glad to be out of there
and back in the real world.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Have you received an IQ Transplant or won The Lottery? Congratulations?!?

Why would ANYTHING in regards to your HILARIOUS "life" change,in it's play by play?

Bless your heart for lying though.

Hint.................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Stick

Have you received an IQ Transplant or won The Lottery? Congratulations?!?

Why would ANYTHING in regards to your HILARIOUS "life" change,in it's play by play?

Bless your heart for lying though.

Hint.................

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spanish300,

I simply shoot it all and then some. Congratulations?!?

Your ilk ask questions,then SUDDENLY give "answers"...which never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Hint.....................

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Stick

I simply shoot it all and then some. Congratulations?!?

Your ilk ask questions,then SUDDENLY give "answers"...which never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

The jackass likes it anyway.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
rickpee,

Pardon Reality,yet again colliding with your Fantasy. Congratulations?!?

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan TRYING to "talk" rifles.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!

Hint.....................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry: could you explain, in words that mere mortals can understand, why a 162 or 180 gr ELD-M would be superior to a 130gr bullet with a pitiful BC, in a 7-08, on deer at less than 300 yards?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mouthtexas,

I get it,that you can NOT get it and that STUPIDITY is assuredly no "act" for you..."lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas and especially the Stupid.

Bless your heart for fhuqking trying.

Hint....................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You going to answer the question or dodge? Simple question for someone as erudite as you!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by southtexas
Larry: could you explain, in words that mere mortals can understand, why a 162 or 180 gr ELD-M would be superior to a 130gr bullet with a pitiful BC, in a 7-08, on deer at less than 300 yards?

Heck, extend the distance to 500 yards. No well-hit animal is gonna know what bullet killed it.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hey Stick

I get it,that you can NOT get it and that STUPIDITY is assuredly no "act" for you..."lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

EVERYTHING is bigger in Alaska except the loggers and especially the Stupid.

Bless your heart for fhuqking trying.

Hint....................

[/quote]

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're wasting your time. He can not answer that because he has no way of supporting his answer to your question.

According to Lawrence if he did not come up with it, or does not use it then it is wrong period! For 200-300 yard shooting /hunting you still need a .700 BC bullet or you're "fhuqking clueless".

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup. I agree he can’t answer the question. It’s entertaining to watch him dodge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup. I agree he can’t answer the question. It’s entertaining to watch him dodge.

That is if you can see someone that "small"

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How to have the most posts:
1. Disagree with everyone
2.Argue your pointless posts into the ground
3. You are the wiener!

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I bought my 7mm-08 because of light recoil. So I,m going to go hunting for deer with
120gr NBT or more probably Barnes 120gr TTSX. If I ever use it for bigger game I,ll use
140 gr bullets. I save the 160gr for my 7mm Mag, works good on moose.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

I bought my 7mm-08 because of light recoil. So I,m going to go hunting for deer with
120gr NBT or more probably Barnes 120gr TTSX. If I ever use it for bigger game I,ll use
140 gr bullets. I save the 160gr for my 7mm Mag, works good on moose.

Look at Big Game powder with the 120 BT or TTSX. Drive them fast.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought my 7-08 because it was a model 7 offered at a ridiculously low price and I traded a rifle for it that I only paid $250. for. Now though after shooting it I really like the round, that said being a lifelong 7x57 fan to me the 7-08 compares favorable.

Dog I rescued in January

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 13 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.