-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PETA and vegans and other assorted wingnuts who believe all life is equal and sacred should follow one simple rule: Never eat anything that was alive.

We'd be rid of them all in two weeks.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Actually, I agree with the premise that fish feel pain, terror, and trauma - so I don't catch and release much. That IS torture of sorts.

But sometimes (rarely in the last 10 years or so, just last wekend in fact, and twice last summer) I do- and fuq PETA. Mostly, I kill and eat what I fish, releasing only illegal or undesirable fish.

As to eating what I catch - well, a guy has to eat, and that means something has to die. Better them than me.

That reminds me - that old mono line needs replacing...

Last edited by las; 06/10/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wonder what they think of KILLING BABIES???

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Of course fishing is cruel.

Some days you're out in the sun and the heat for hours with nothing to show for it but bug bites.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I condemn PETA as stupid.

Actually, imho, PETA is very smart. It was founded on the false premise of helping animals but is, in fact, a group people who specialize in separating stupid people from their money. They obviously have mastered the technique as they stay in the background then when donations start to trend down, they slither to the surface proclaiming cows are getting raped and drinking milk makes you a white supremacist. They do this because they know they have a waiting list of brain dead people just itching to open up their checkbooks to the organization.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a buncha Petaphiles...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
Actually, I agree with the premise that fish feel pain, terror, and trauma - so I don't catch and release much. That IS torture of sorts.

But sometimes (rarely in the last 10 years or so, just last wekend in fact, and twice last summer) I do- and fuq PETA. Mostly, I kill and eat what I fish, releasing only illegal or undesirable fish.

As to eating what I catch - well, a guy has to eat, and that means something has to die. Better them than me.

That reminds me - that old mono line needs replacing...

Catch

Kill

Eat

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I condemn PETA as stupid.

Actually, imho, PETA is very smart. It was founded on the false premise of helping animals but is, in fact, a group people who specialize in separating stupid people from their money. They obviously have mastered the technique as they stay in the background then when donations start to trend down, they slither to the surface proclaiming cows are getting raped and drinking milk makes you a white supremacist. They do this because they know they have a waiting list of brain dead people just itching to open up their checkbooks to the organization.

Smart is not the word I'd use...the rest is spot on.

Concrete jungle fundraisers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do they feel about making fish pose with rifles?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PETA otta be worrying bout them little vegies feelings they been eatin.
Plants have feelings too we just can't communicate with em

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, when you think about it, sticking a hook into something's lip or even deeper in the throat, then pulling them by that hook to the surface where they suffocate is kind of cruel. I say let's all go to dynamite. It's a much quicker death..."

A new young game and fish warden was hired on the Kenai just last year. Wanting to make a name for himself, He went undercover to the Sportsman's Warehouse to ask around about the most successful fishermen in the area. "That's easy to answer" exclaimed the manager!" Old Sitka deer and (older!) Ironbender are the two most famous in these parts for always getting a limit, even when no one else even gets a bite!" Hmmmn thought the warden as he then drove over to the Three Bears store. He was intrigued to receive the same answer there. Knowing he had his work cut out, the warden met and then visited with the two suspects several times over the course of a month. He knew he was golden when Sitka and Bender invited him to the lake the following Monday.

After running the boat up to the lake, Sitka wasted no time in lighting a large stogie and sucking it till the end was glowing hot and red. Bender reached in under the seat and pulled out a stick of dynamite, handed it to Sitka who lit it and pitched it out as far as he might. It went off, with water spraying the surrounding area and boat, and dead salmon came to the surface. With that our local warden stammered out that he was a warden and announced he was going to have to arrest the both of them. Bender just smiled as he tossed a lit stick of dynamite to the fella and said," you gonna get fishing or just talk all day?"

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I say we all go catch a fish, and then put it in your favorite liberal's mail box....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, when you think about it, sticking a hook into something's lip or even deeper in the throat, then pulling them by that hook to the surface where they suffocate is kind of cruel. I say let's all go to dynamite. It's a much quicker death..."

A new young game and fish warden was hired on the Kenai just last year. Wanting to make a name for himself, He went undercover to the Sportsman's Warehouse to ask around about the most successful fishermen in the area. "That's easy to answer" exclaimed the manager!" Old Sitka deer and (older!) Ironbender are the two most famous in these parts for always getting a limit, even when no one else even gets a bite!" Hmmmn thought the warden as he then drove over to the Three Bears store. He was intrigued to receive the same answer there. Knowing he had his work cut out, the warden met and then visited with the two suspects several times over the course of a month. He knew he was golden when Sitka and Bender invited him to the lake the following Monday.

After running the boat up to the lake, Sitka wasted no time in lighting a large stogie and sucking it till the end was glowing hot and red. Bender reached in under the seat and pulled out a stick of dynamite, handed it to Sitka who lit it and pitched it out as far as he might. It went off, with water spraying the surrounding area and boat, and dead salmon came to the surface. With that our local warden stammered out that he was a warden and announced he was going to have to arrest the both of them. Bender just smiled as he tossed a lit stick of dynamite to the fella and said," you gonna get fishing or just talk all day?"

That was a long-winded way to hurt my feelers.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t fish, but that is stupid

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.