Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Holy Cripes! This is a messed up thread...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by deflave

You and Birdwatcher should get an apartment together.

WTF?

If Germany had surrendered, Dresden would not have been bombed. Bombing those civilians had nothing to do with who they were.

The death squads in Russia were targeting Jewish civilians because of who they were, in areas then subjugated by the Germans.

There were Russians manning theAtlantic Wall in June of 1944, IIRC there were even Koreans. And as Spielberg depicted in Private Ryan there were also Chzecks ( the two guys outside the pillbox trying to surrender).

It is doubtful that their being in the German army in 1944 had much of anything to do with their ideology.

I'm not saying you have the same ideology or opinion just that you both talk out your ass whenever it suits you.

Plus you're both old. And seem to like two-wheeled vehicles that aren't motorcycles.

Just spit-ballin'.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
TRH,

As far as those quotes are concerned I don't disagree with any of them. Everybody knows that those Neuremberg trials were just a big bullschit grandstanding and used as red meat for the Europeans. But, schit happens. Victors, spoils, yada, yada. But you'll never see me defending those trials. You'll also never find my admonishing our bringing SS officer's to the CONUS to work for us.

As far as that YouTube video... I don't where to start man. I gave it an honest to goodness 40 minutes and I'll finish it up tomorrow but that is one gigantic piece of fugking garbage.

For one thing it takes place during the time of contrarians realizing they can sell copies of their bullschit "expose" at gun shows for $40 a pop. For another it's conducted by a teenaged late bloomer that appears to be doing a 60's era impression of a diamond salesman.

He's interviewing tour guides. Do you know what tour guides do? Or get paid? They're not subject matter experts.

If you think that "supervisor" is some sort of authority on the ins and outs of the alleged holocaust, how can you discount all the other countless interviews of people that actually lived through the holocaust? This is a contradiction and makes you look foolish. You're admonishing thousands of accounts while accepting an un-vetted source from 1992 with a bad haircut and horrific shirt.

The lids were there, they weren't there... WTF? That kid isn't qualified to examine aerial footage. Do you have any idea how much qualified people are paid to review aerial footage from that era?

"lookout lids?" Uhhhh, that's not a thing my friend. I've been in bunkers. Never seen a "lookout lid". But if I ever did the first question out of my mind would be "Who is the dumb sumbtich up there taking the lid off and on so we can see if the bombers are coming?"

Sweet fugkin' Christ. I am an objective person and I don't mind reviewing other people's material but you need to cook up something better than that piece of garbage. That ain't evidence. That's comedy.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob

And your point is stupid because Britain and France had already declared war on him.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe.... Hitler and his Staff put more than 12 minutes of thought into this idea.

Maybe?

Kinda... "Read the room" type of endeavor?

Maybe?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

And your point is stupid because Britain and France had already declared war on him.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe.... Hitler and his Staff put more than 12 minutes of thought into this idea.

Maybe?

Kinda... "Read the room" type of endeavor?

Maybe?

Did it ever occur to you that you are simply wrong? Because, you are. Both in your facts as asserted and in your interpretations of events.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Feel free to type it all out JoeBob.

I’ll make you look like the dumb fugk you are tomorrow.

Take your time.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Feel free to type it all out JoeBob.

I’ll make you look like the dumb fugk you are tomorrow.

Take your time.

Sorry. I don’t have time to play chess with a pigeon like you.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You realize that the confessing Germans at Nuremberg were reading from provided scripts, right? This was preceded by brutal torture, and threats against their wives and children, should they do otherwise.

Source?

This is well documented. I guess you can start with David Irving's book on the subject.

I guess you can start with any of the Holocaust denial texts, you mean. Irving's book (and research) certainly suggests maltreatment of some Nazi prisoners, interrogation by "third degree", as it was called in those days; and it certainly suggests that Hoess's confession was likely coerced. However, Hoess's supposed recantation of the confession was hardly a denial of his involvement in the murders of Jews at Auschwitz.

I guess that you, TRH, like the leopard, cannot change your spots. You're still the antisemite conspiracy theorist you have ever been.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When it comes to history and facts, my money is on Travis.

Even though I can't figure out when he has time to read and watch all those movies when he's drunk all the time....

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Even though I can't figure out when he has time to read and watch all those movies when he's drunk all the time....

It’s America. You’re entitled to be as wrong as he is.

Last edited by JoeBob; 06/10/19.
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JamesJr
In any war, the winners get to write the history and the losers are always the ones that come out on the short end of the stick. WW2 was no different. There is not doubt whatsoever that the Germans committed numerous atrocities.....but so did the Soviets, probably more than the Germans. The Japanese were no slouches in the atrocity department either. Also, the Allied bombing campaigns killed untold numbers of innocent civilians, most as a result of bombing that had no strategic value, so I don't see how they can get off scott free either.

It's simple, in a war, people die, many of them unnecessarily. It's always been that way, always will.

You might want to google the word strategic.

Quite right.

It's interesting to read the history of the strategic bombing of Germany in WW2 as discussed by the proponents themselves before, during and after the War, and compare and contrast that with the opinions of modern-day commentators. Many of these latter people believe the (patently false) assertion popularized by anti-war voices in the 60's and 70's that there was no benefit to the strategic bombing initiative. They also somehow believe that civilian casualties were never accepted as one of the goals of the strategic bombing initiative. This is emphatically contradicted by the authors of the air war, from Hap Arnold and Carl Spaatz, right on down the line. Post-war analyses done in the late 40's and 50's showed that levelling Germany's industry, including the cities, was a necessary and effective means for shortening the war and reducing Allied casualties thereby. It would have taken until late 1946 or longer to defeat Germany if we hadn't bombed the living s h i t out of their cities.

Civilians worked in the factories, the railyards, the refineries, and all the other war industries. They worked in the factories and they lived nearby. The bombs that killed them in the factories during their shifts were no different in purpose than the bombs that killed them in their beds. Killing Germany's ability to make war was the goal. The destruction of Hamburg by firebombing was horrific, but justifiable under the strategic bombing doctrine of the day. The firebombing of Dresden is harder to justify, but under the rules they were using at the time, the Allied commanders considered it justified. If America had lost the war and American generals had been tried as war criminals, I'm sure they'd have been sentenced to death by a German court just as readily as the German generals were condemned at Nuremburg. That's the way wars end. The victors slaughter the vanquished.

By the way, punishing noncombatants has ever been a part of war. I recently finished a pair of books, one on the Plantagenet Dynasty, the other a biography of William Marshal, who served under Henry II of England. "Harrying the countryside" (slaughtering livestock, burning crops, murdering the peasants) was a common strategic initiative used in those days to destroy an opponent's ability to wage war. Warfare hasn't change all that much over the centuries.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I had Jewish friends who survived the concentration camps...and they had the tattoos to prove it. You have to be incredibly stupid and bigoted to be a holocaust denier or one of their followers.

Some incredible garbage in this thread.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I just love the way everyone in this thread has to cluck cluck and virtue signal their disapproval of someone who strays from the narrative.

WW II is the edifice upon which our entire modern world is built. If you question the official narrative, you question the foundation of everything today. As I see and learn how increasingly rotten and deceitful everything is in this world today, I increasingly have to examine official histories of the past.

I don’t buy it hook line and sinker. WW II is becoming a bit like the Civil War. Instead of time healing wounds and allowing more thorough and thoughtful research, things have hardened into accepted opinions and orthodoxy that stifle anything that even could conceivably threaten the orthodoxy.

And I’ve seen it change in my life. It used to be that Hitler killed a bunch of Jews in the course of the war. And I don’t for one second doubt that he did. I’m convinced that he did. But if you watch the History Channel or some other approved purveyor of official truth these days that is morphing and has morphed into teaching that the only reason Hitler went to war was because of his hatred of Jews.

Make Hitler and all Germans racist who want nothing more than to kill Jews. Make it so that the entire reason for the war was to kill Jews. Then call everyone a racist for anything. Don’t like immigration. You’re a racist. Think Muslims might want to kill some of us? You’re a racist. Are you white? You’re a racist. And if your a racist? Who else was a racist? Hitler that’s who. You’re like Hitler. And Hitler was the most evil man ever who just wanted to kill everyone who wasn’t white, so you must want that too since you are a racist and all racist are like Hitler.

Last edited by JoeBob; 06/10/19.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Uh, the Germans were obliterating civilians (Roterdam & Warsaw) ring a bell) Wayyyy before. Honestly, a "pledge"? source? And I suppose there was a "pledge" not to torpedo civilian ships too? GMAFB.

If you like to read:

https://www.unz.com/proberts/the-lies-about-world-war-ii/

World War II was initiated by the British and French declaration of war on Germany, not by a surprise blitzkrieg from Germany. The utter rout and collapse of the British and French armies was the result of Britain declaring a war for which Britain was unprepared to fight and of the foolish French trapped by a treaty with the British, who quickly deserted their French ally, leaving France at Germany’s mercy.

Germany’s mercy was substantial. Hitler left a large part of France and the French colonies unoccupied and secure from war under a semi-independent government under Petain. For his service in protecting a semblance of French independence, Petain was sentenced to death by Charles de Gaulle after the war for collaboration with Germany, an unjust charge.

In Britain, Churchill was out of power. He figured a war would put him back in power. No Britisher could match Churchill’s rhetoric and orations. Or determination. Churchill desired power, and he wanted to reproduce the amazing military feats of his distinguished ancestor, the Duke of Marlborough, whose biography Churchill was writing and who defeated after years of military struggle France’s powerful Sun King, Louis XIV, the ruler of Europe.

In contrast to the British aristocrat, Hitler was a man of the people. He acted for the German people. The Versailles Treaty had dismembered Germany. Parts of Germany were confiscated and given to France, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, and Czechoslovakia. As Germany had not actually lost the war, being the occupiers of foreign territory when Germany agreed to a deceptive armistice, the loss of approximately 7 million German people to Poland and Czechoslovakia, where Germans were abused, was not considered a fair outcome.

You actually believe this chit?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Hell,...Great Britain built its empire by sailing around the world and conquering cultures that barely had the means to fight back. Basically, they were global bullies.

It got too big for its britches when Churchill decided to involve England in Germany's squabble,...had to beg weapons from America.

So was Churchill pm when England declared war on Germany? Think this out before you answer..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7

It’s America. You’re entitled to be as wrong as he is.

God Bless the USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Facts really can’t be ignored. Britain and France declared war on Germany for invading Poland in compliance with their treaty with Poland while ignoring that Stalin also invaded Poland in violation of their treaty with Poland. Then, six years later and after 50 to a 100 million deaths, they willingly allowed Stalin to gobble up Poland and institute 45 years of unparralleled despotism, political persecution, and mass death. The Soviets didn’t even close down Auschwitz or lots of the other camps. They simply kept them open and filled them with political prisoners of the Communist regime.

You can attempt to explain them, qualify them, or insist that things are more complex. But at the heart of the matter, the things stated above are facts.

Good post. While we hung the Nazis after the war was over, we willingly turned a blind eye to what "our" side had done, and still do.

It was no different in the War Between the States. In the border states, partisans fighting under the Confederate flag were executed when caught, while those fighting for the Union, who were just as guilty as those on the other side when it came to targeting civilians, were not. Just as in WW2, the winners wrote the history and decided what was fact what was not.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just love the way everyone in this thread has to cluck cluck and virtue signal their disapproval of someone who strays from the narrative.

It used to be that Hitler killed a bunch of Jews in the course of the war. And I don’t for one second doubt that he did. I’m convinced that he did. But if you watch the History Channel or some other approved purveyor of official truth these days that is morphing and has morphed into teaching that the only reason Hitler went to war was because of his hatred of Jews.

Make Hitler and all Germans racist who want nothing more than to kill Jews. Make it so that the entire reason for the war was to kill Jews. Then call everyone a racist for anything. Don’t like immigration. You’re a racist. Think Muslims might want to kill some of us? You’re a racist. Are you white? You’re a racist. And if your a racist? Who else was a racist? Hitler that’s who. You’re like Hitler. And Hitler was the most evil man ever who just wanted to kill everyone who wasn’t white, so you must want that too since you are a racist and all racist are like Hitler.

What, you think people believe that here?

I’m gonna propose another view: If you point out that the whole round up the Jews thing to be shot/gassed/whatever was probably about killing Jews then you must be cluck cluck virtue-signaling.

Same thing if you don’t think rounding up Jews to be killed is the same thing as area bombing by the Allies.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 06/11/19.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TRH,

As far as those quotes are concerned I don't disagree with any of them. Everybody knows that those Neuremberg trials were just a big bullschit grandstanding and used as red meat for the Europeans. But, schit happens. Victors, spoils, yada, yada. But you'll never see me defending those trials. You'll also never find my admonishing our bringing SS officer's to the CONUS to work for us.

As far as that YouTube video... I don't where to start man. I gave it an honest to goodness 40 minutes and I'll finish it up tomorrow but that is one gigantic piece of fugking garbage.

For one thing it takes place during the time of contrarians realizing they can sell copies of their bullschit "expose" at gun shows for $40 a pop. For another it's conducted by a teenaged late bloomer that appears to be doing a 60's era impression of a diamond salesman.

He's interviewing tour guides. Do you know what tour guides do? Or get paid? They're not subject matter experts.

If you think that "supervisor" is some sort of authority on the ins and outs of the alleged holocaust, how can you discount all the other countless interviews of people that actually lived through the holocaust? This is a contradiction and makes you look foolish. You're admonishing thousands of accounts while accepting an un-vetted source from 1992 with a bad haircut and horrific shirt.

The lids were there, they weren't there... WTF? That kid isn't qualified to examine aerial footage. Do you have any idea how much qualified people are paid to review aerial footage from that era?

"lookout lids?" Uhhhh, that's not a thing my friend. I've been in bunkers. Never seen a "lookout lid". But if I ever did the first question out of my mind would be "Who is the dumb sumbtich up there taking the lid off and on so we can see if the bombers are coming?"

Sweet fugkin' Christ. I am an objective person and I don't mind reviewing other people's material but you need to cook up something better than that piece of garbage. That ain't evidence. That's comedy.
The brainwashing is strong with this one, Obi Wan.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Facts really can’t be ignored. Britain and France declared war on Germany for invading Poland in compliance with their treaty with Poland while ignoring that Stalin also invaded Poland in violation of their treaty with Poland. Then, six years later and after 50 to a 100 million deaths, they willingly allowed Stalin to gobble up Poland and institute 45 years of unparralleled despotism, political persecution, and mass death. The Soviets didn’t even close down Auschwitz or lots of the other camps. They simply kept them open and filled them with political prisoners of the Communist regime.

You can attempt to explain them, qualify them, or insist that things are more complex. But at the heart of the matter, the things stated above are facts.
Good post. While we hung the Nazis after the war was over, we willingly turned a blind eye to what "our" side had done, and still do.

It was no different in the War Between the States. In the border states, partisans fighting under the Confederate flag were executed when caught, while those fighting for the Union, who were just as guilty as those on the other side when it came to targeting civilians, were not. Just as in WW2, the winners wrote the history and decided what was fact what was not.

Spot on.

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,155
Posts18,484,308
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.