Hop To
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Hell,...Great Britain built its empire by sailing around the world and conquering cultures that barely had the means to fight back. Basically, they were global bullies.

It got too big for its britches when Churchill decided to involve England in Germany's squabble,...had to beg weapons from America.

So was Churchill pm when England declared war on Germany? Think this out before you answer..

Churchill made his bone by pushing for war with Germany.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Of course before the whole thing started, everybody KNEW that the USA would throw its weight in the ring.

I mean Lindbergh spoke for a whole nation when he was chomping at the bIt with war fever.....

Are you sure you have the right name there? Charles Lindberg called for restraint to the point that he was considered a pacifist and the Army refused to take him back. He changed his position after the war started and certainly did his part within those limitations but to say he was chomping at the bit is not accurate. A very good read on Lindberg that included a lot of his Post-Paris flight life is The Aviators by Winston Groom. It's also about Rickenbacher and Jimmy Doolittle and while I've read both their autobiographies it had some other good insights.

Sorry Pugs, I shoulda included the sarcasm emoji in my post.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It just goes to show that they weren’t all that high minded as today’s propaganda would have you believe. Britain was simply following its centuries old policy of opposing the strongest continental power. They didn’t care about Poland, yet they continually put Poland up to the fight and encouraged its intransigence regarding the Danzig corridor.

Well this is progress, in just one exchange we’ve recognized the role of internal politics in the foreign policy of a free nation.

“Britain” wasn’t a single entity deciding anything. In fact their Prime Minister at the time tried to appease Germany and likely would have stayed in office had Germany complied to any degree at all. Churchill at that time was a voice crying in the wilderness, and even when he got in office “Britain”, as reflected in those elected officials who were pacifists, very nearly folded and came to terms after the fall of France.

Having grown up in an England that was still England, I can state that WHY Churchill prevailed came from plain ol’ English pride and reluctance to admit defeat among the common people, even in the face of long odds.

“Encouraging Polish intransigence?” That’s right, the Poles brought it on themselves by acting in their own interests, likewise those encouraging Poland musta KNOWN Hitler was gonna invade crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It just goes to show that they weren’t all that high minded as today’s propaganda would have you believe. Britain was simply following its centuries old policy of opposing the strongest continental power. They didn’t care about Poland, yet they continually put Poland up to the fight and encouraged its intransigence regarding the Danzig corridor.

Well this is progress, in just one exchange we’ve recognized the role of internal politics in the foreign policy of a free nation.

“Britain” wasn’t a single entity deciding anything. In fact their Prime Minister at the time tried to appease Germany and likely would have stayed in office had Germany complied to any degree at all. Churchill at that time was a voice crying in the wilderness, and even when he got in office “Britain”, as reflected in those elected officials who were pacifists, very nearly folded and came to terms after the fall of France.

Having grown up in an England that was still England, I can state that WHY Churchill prevailed came from plain ol’ English pride and reluctance to admit defeat among the common people, even in the face of long odds.

“Encouraging Polish intransigence?” That’s right, the Poles brought it on themselves by acting in their own interests, likewise those encouraging Poland musta KNOWN Hitler was gonna invade crazy

Germany’s demands with regard to Poland before the war were quite rational. Danzig was a German seaport completely isolated and separated from the rest of Germany much like West Berlin later would be from the west. Germans WERE persecuted in Poland. Hitler wanted a corridor from Germany proper to Danzig. Poland repeatedly sought and obtained assurances from Britain and France that they would declare war on Germany if the matter led to a war with Germany.

Sure, no one will ever know for certain if Hitler would have been or even could have been appeased, but seeing as how things turned out, it certainly wouldn’t have been any worse for Poland or the world had their government been more rational on the issue. Without a doubt, Britain and France knew that they were in no position to provide any real help to Poland. Or at least, in the case of the 1939 French invasion of Germany, lacked the will to do much.

Last edited by JoeBob; 06/11/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok, TRH, Bristoe and JoeBob be like:

1. Allies are the real aggressors.
2. Churchill is a meanie.
3. Hitler isn't such a bad guy, he's sexy and very articulate!
4. The Jews deserved everything they had comin to them, except it never really happened, cuz a terribly made video says so.
5. Germans were yodeling pacifists leading up to the war.
6. Only German civilians were targeted in the war.
7. Poland was really half German, half Russian anyway - treaties be damned!

That about right?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The brainwashing is strong with this one, Obi Wan.

People like yourself are one of the main reasons people can't have rational discourse about the Holocaust in 2019.

I took the time to listen to your source and explained to you why it's laughed at and even not allowed to be published. It's idiotic. And when you reference it as fact, it makes you look idiotic.

You're welcome.

Why do you think ANYTHING shouldn’t allowed to be published and that it is a good thing if it isn’t?

Did you have a stroke recently?

You seem a little dumber than usual.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Let Keith Carradine lay it out for you: Here

PS Just kidding. Not actually Keith Carradine.

One serious question, TRH:

Do you teach and/or promote in any way your personal Holocaust denier, antisemitic opinions and reference these sources where you get your information to your young students in or outside of school hours?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No one, but the way you hammer anyone who questions the official approved narrative puts you in league with those who do.

This whole thread is about guys hammering the guy on here who questions the Holocaust. The Holocaust is all anyone talks about when they talk about WW II now. And it was a fricking sideshow. It was insignificant in the course of the war and fewer people died in it by a long shot than did in the last year of the war.

I have no idea WTF you're babbling about at this point.

This thread was about a documentary regarding Nazi Death Squads. Some people want to claim they didn't exist.

They did.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No one, but the way you hammer anyone who questions the official approved narrative puts you in league with those who do.

This whole thread is about guys hammering the guy on here who questions the Holocaust. The Holocaust is all anyone talks about when they talk about WW II now. And it was a fricking sideshow. It was insignificant in the course of the war and fewer people died in it by a long shot than did in the last year of the war.

I have no idea WTF you're babbling about at this point.

This thread was about a documentary regarding Nazi Death Squads. Some people want to claim they didn't exist.

They did.

I bet he high-steps everywhere he walks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4winds

4. The Jews deserved everything they had comin to them, except it never really happened, cuz a terribly made video says so.

That about right?

The funniest thing is that they're arrogant about it.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The brainwashing is strong with this one, Obi Wan.

People like yourself are one of the main reasons people can't have rational discourse about the Holocaust in 2019.

I took the time to listen to your source and explained to you why it's laughed at and even not allowed to be published. It's idiotic. And when you reference it as fact, it makes you look idiotic.

You're welcome.
Why do you think ANYTHING shouldn’t be allowed to be published and that it is a good thing if it isn’t?

Damned good question. Not very American.

Hell they'll throw you in jail in Europe for disagreeing with the Holocaust narrative.

The commies won.

Can one of you three idiots show where I said that?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That about right?

You have to be when your entire belief system is conspiracy theories stacked on conspiracy theories.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That about right?

Why do you say I deny the Holocaust? I explicitly have said that believed it happened.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
[/quote]

Can one of you three idiots show where I said that?

[/quote]

I’m sorry, I read English. And when you say “...show why it is not even allowed to be published” a native English speaker will naturally follow with a question as to why you apparently feel that is a good thing.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That about right?

You have to be when your entire belief system is conspiracy theories stacked on conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theory do I believe in and have articulated in this thread?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[

Agree with your "hammering" analogy, suffice to say anybody who denied the Holocaust ever happened or characterizes mass exterminations, torture, mass murder and human experiments as "mistreating" SHOULD be hammered. Agreed on the sideshow issue. Had we loved the jews as much as we do now because its fashionable, we and every other country would not have kept that infamous ship full of jews from seeking asylum. Maybe the meskins can try that angle to get in if we build the wall.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That about right?

Why do you say I deny the Holocaust? I explicitly have said that believed it happened.

Does it matter? You know what they say about feathers and flocks!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[

Agree with your "hammering" analogy, suffice to say anybody who denied the Holocaust ever happened or characterizes mass exterminations, torture, mass murder and human experiments as "mistreating" SHOULD be hammered. Agreed on the sideshow issue. Had we loved the jews as much as we do now because its fashionable, we and every other country would not have kept that infamous ship full of jews from seeking asylum. Maybe the meskins can try that angle to get in if we build the wall.

Which brings me to the point I was making about everyone being a racist and everyone being Hitler now. Just yesterday, Cory Booker was at an event speaking about immigration and arguing for complete open borders and giving the keys to the kingdom to asylum seekers because we once turned away a ship with 500 Jews on it, some of whom, subsequently died in the Holocaust.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That about right?

Does it matter? You know what they say about feathers and flocks!

Spoken like a real NAZI.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
JoeBobs4Cock,

Did you watch this documentary?

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 160user, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,160
Posts18,484,333
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.