Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Terryk
I think I get 1800 a month at 62. At least that is what the quick calculator says on the SS website.
That is about 22K per year.

Well that is because they hammer you for going early. In four more years you would be closer to $2800 a month. I think they levy such a heavy penalty because they know many will endure it, more money stays in in the long run.

Yep that is what advisors say, wait for 67. 5x18=90K, so it will take about 90 months or about age 75 to break even. Again that depends on your payment history, but if your family lives to 100, then it makes sense to wait. Again if you don't have a good nest egg, then you have to go early.
I guess the nest egg is 12 times highest salary, and the goal is to have 401K and SS equal about 3/4 of highest salary. Again rough numbers that I see most often. Average return above inflation is 4-6%. All the numbers are fluid, because it may be tough to live on 3/4 of 60K, compared to 3/4 of 100K. And no one will predict return.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I paid into SS for eternity.. I remember back in the 1970s of actually making a lot more money over what they set the limit for taking SS out of your pay check...that was about at 29K or so....so I only paid into SS until about August of each year or so...

I just always looked at it as another 'TAX" the Politicians could play with...

Johnson "invested" it in " I'll have those N*^gers voting democRAT for 200 years!".... along with every other minority they can flood the country with, to vote for them....

SS was kinda like Wimpey off of Popeye Cartoons... "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"....

People like us who have worked for it... while instead it has been all given away to foreigners to vote for democRATS.... welfare rats and abusers to vote democRAT/communist... etc etc etc...

Entitlements is more along the lines, of what the politicians think they are entitled to from the sweat of our labors and actually contributing to society and the economy... instead of being not but a burden to society and the economy... like these welfare abusing minorities, these antifa bums living in mom's basement or these transients that are living like rats along our city streets, taking drugs all day and schitting on what ever they feel like schitting on.... our SS payments are being paid out by politicians to turn the largest cities in our nation, into the third world....

democRAT policy... create problems so we have to employ them to administer the social problems they created.........I pray EVERY democRAT politicians spend eternity in hell....where Republicans run things and they have to suffer the ills of their liberal utopia they created....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
This country will be paying a big price for a long time for electing LBJ , Ted Kennedy and Obama. I can’t think of three sorrier men. Hasbeen

If you work at it, I think you could. There's allwasy Goosey, Rolling Turd, and a few others that compete with those guys. Unless you mean only "elected" sorry men. And even then you may have leave Obama and all pole smokers.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Alan_Robertson, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 4 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 721 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.