Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Been watching a lot of storms roll in. But Saturday afternoon they missed my grandson's outdoor wedding.

He has always been lucky at deer hunting and now lucky at love.

Real lucky at love. The bride is a blue eyed blond ex college volleyball player with a great smile.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My observation after biking to work for several seasons is:

Two people can pass in opposing directions, and both will be fighting a headwind.

1Minute
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
White families are getting to be a rare thing these days.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Setting here looking at this damn big azz pisselum tree that I gotta cut up that blew down last night. I threw some Opa’s sausage on the little grill for lunch. Think I’ll drink a beer, eat a link or two and mebbe start on this tree this evening.

You know what they say about Opa’s sausage? Oma can NEVER get enough of Opa’s sausage!!!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 06/10/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave

BULL$HIT.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ok.

Lmao.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by websterparish47
What's the advantage of water in the tires?

No water in the tires, my bicycle is purpose-built for cross-country travel; relatively long wheelbase for stability and room, flexible steel frame and forks to soak up road bumps, front and rear racks to hold four back-pack-like panniers. Max load capacity 80lbs, I was packing about 50.

Drug mule?

Prob’ly could get out of debt faster that way, or my son gets to collect on my term life, or I eat for free with A/C as well for the foreseeable future on the Government’s dime. One of those three.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

BULL$HIT.

‘Fraid not.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Setting here looking at this damn big azz pisselum tree that I gotta cut up that blew down last night. I threw some Opa’s sausage on the little grill for lunch. Think I’ll drink a beer, eat a link or two and mebbe start on this tree this evening.

You know what they say about Opa’s sausage? Oma can NEVER get enough of Opa’s sausage!!!

So, did ya cut that tree yet, or did ya just sit around drinking and making yer typical jokes about Opa’s weinerschitzel?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mike, you weren’t worried about lightning strikes on your bike?

Lightning? Always had a thing about that since my distance running days, avoid it like that plague, if I can.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldman3
No doubt about it, Mike is an interesting fellow. And, he's pretty darn good with a muzzle loader. Glad to call him my friend.

THIS is why I dug up this thread, didn’t want to let this slip by.

Thank you Sir for that ringing endorsement cool

....and I value the friendship of guys like yourself highly.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Birdwatcher,

You should try and get a Van Van.

Your cross country, and day-to-day stories would be way less gay.

Just a thought.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
His focus on his children and his grandchildren are what I deeply respect.

Thanks but ain’t this what we all do? Or should. Goes double as we get older. ‘dafugg else does one do? .

...and I wish grandchildren on ever’body... this Grandpa gIf prob’ly the most joyful thing I’ve done in life cool

Birdy catches a lot ofshit here and is always a gentleman and I respect that as well.

What is more retarded than insulting some guy from the safe anynomity of the internet?

I dunno, so you’ll have to ask Travis grin

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdwatcher,

Why? Even you could cross the country on a Van Van, tho not 1,000 miles in a day like I would.......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mike, you weren’t worried about lightning strikes on your bike?

Lightning? Always had a thing about that since my distance running days, avoid it like that plague, if I can.

Good. I thought about you riding home in that storm.

Great GrandMother was struck by lightning in the depression era as a young woman out hoeing cotton in the fields on their farm on the TX high plains. She was terrified of it the rest of her days.
She lived to be 96, and when we were kids, we’d go to visit. We’d be out in the field playing baseball or having dirt clod fights, and if there was even a distant rumble of thunder she’d be out there screaming for us to get our little asses in her storm cellar. 🤠

I still To this day enjoy sitting out on the front porch at the Ranch watching the big storms roll in. And often think about her when the lightning starts getting close. 😬

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/13/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Birdwatcher,

Why? Even you could cross the country on a Van Van, tho not 1,000 miles in a day like I would.......

Yeah good point.

Stick to the bicycle.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Riding a bike causes ball cancer.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

So, did ya cut that tree yet, or did ya just sit around drinking and making yer typical jokes about Opa’s weinerschitzel?

It’s done. I gotta say this. The Kobalt 80 volt chainsaw i got for Christmas from my old copanero and his wife is awesome! That thing is a cuttin’ jenny!!!! Uses Oregon replacement chains and bars. Ive been cutting a bunch of mesquite firewood with it too. I think payday I’m gonna get me a polesaw. Looks like they have one that uses same battery. Thing sure has saved my gimpish right shoulder. No rope to pull!!!

Founder

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Riding a bike causes ball cancer.

And brain damage.

Apparently.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Neal,

I knew an ol’ boy, a welder. Got hit by lightening bolt. Said it made his pecker grow out to 10”. Dead pan serious as wiener cancer! Said if he knew now all the misery it would end up causing him , he would have cut it off!!

Moose and lightening are the two things I try to stay aware of up at the Colorado ranch when out running the fenceline.

Founder

WS

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,263
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.