Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
There is no need to invade Iran. Look at how Reagan sobered up Libya in 1986 after they blew up our airliner. Killing the bad guys and destroying their infrastructure is easy and cheap. "Winning the hearts and minds" of the people and making them a democracy is expensive and stupid. And probably impossible.

Agree no need to invade, heck, no reason to even (at this point) execute a strike. Might be interesting if the next Kilo that puts to sea goes missing, then the one after. Easily done, never discovered. Message sent.

On the Iranian people, I don't think that they truly have any issues with American or the west. They want jobs, education and families, however for the last 40 years they have let religious nutters run their country to the detriment of the people. Look at the riots and protests that occur around election time. These people are not happy with their leadership. The average age in Iran is 31.5 years old. They were not even conceived when the revolution happened.

It's time for the west to unleash old school regime change. Lots of tools in that box to make it happen and some would surely offend the more "enlighten and sensitive" people of today but the only way that Iran will change is for the Mullahs to go and a moderate, pro-modernization regime to take over under the mandate of the Iranian citizens.

I have two older friends who were stationed in Iran back in the days of the Shah. Lots and lots of corruption but incredible good-will towards Americans.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This is all a gamble by the Iranians to influence the election. American oil production is hurting them. There is probably an American response in the works with more options available after Nov.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What Pugs said. I taught Iranians to fly jets before the Shah fell. The US and Iran had a very friendly relationship, and the Iranians I knew were good men. (Not always the best pilots, though.) I deeply regret that all the men I taught were flown home and immediately executed after the coup, according to rumor.

For those who have a mental image of a sea mine as a large ball with spikes, that kind of mine is as obsolete as the biplane. A limpet mine is a disk not much larger than a Frisbee that is magnetically attached to a hull by hand. It's the equivalent of the "abandoned suitcase" bomb.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The LAST thing we need is to invade Iran. We lack the will, guts or for that matter manpower and money to do it, but if I were Trump, I'd be poring over high impact/lower risk punitive actions. Search for "Preying Mantis" for an idea I would love to see...

I was thinking about something a bit more persuasive, such as sinking their entire navy in 24 hours.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m 100% with Jorge. Sink every Iranian submarine that dives. That would be a good start at sending a message and making the gulfs safer for tankers.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sawbuck
This is all a gamble by the Iranians to influence the election. American oil production is hurting them. There is probably an American response in the works with more options available after Nov.

It could be that those fuggers just don't like Americans.

There doesn't really have to be a higher motivation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the kook-section has chimed in with nothing to contribute, because they have NOTHING as a comeback...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see the kook-section has chimed in with nothing to contribute, because they have NOTHING as a comeback...

Yep. They are not the deep thinkers of the fire. If someone doesn't tell them what to think they're pretty lost. Easily led by whatever shiny object on the internet grabs their attention though.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There are people that play chess when the game is really checkers.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs

Yep. They are not the deep thinkers of the fire. If someone doesn't tell them what to think they're pretty lost. Easily led by whatever shiny object on the internet grabs their attention though.

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
Why would they go back and remove mines from a tanker?

The ones that did not explode would tell exactly who they belonged to.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Iranian government is getting desperate. They’re playing a very dangerous game trying to get sanctions relief. They’re looking for a way out of sanctions or a physical reason for the Iranian people to continue to tolerate their rule. Desperate people do desperate crazy things.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Reports indicate a man with long hair and flowing robes was spotted walking out into the Strait of Hormuz and attaching the mines by hand.

Troubling...

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I say we go to Seattle and Portland, herd large numbers of liberals onto planes, put a parachute on em and drop em out over Iran. Within 20 years the entire society will self-destruct.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Springcove
The Joos are using Jedi mind tricks...

The Force is with them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The entire thing doesn't pass the smell test. I feel like I know when I'm being bullshitted, call it a gift.

Kookista alert, but Bolton and his ilk are behind this in some way.

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The entire thing doesn't pass the smell test. I feel like I know when I'm being bullshitted, call it a gift.

Kookista alert, but Bolton and his ilk are behind this in some way.

So explain in a REASONABLE (non-kook) manner why, if this was crafted by us (or the Israelis), did the Iranians admit to shooting down the drone in international waters and they boats shown on the film were verified to be Iranian Navy registry and why the arrest of the Norwegian sailors...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Last night it sounded like Trump didn't think they'd (Iran not the kooks) be a problem.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 06/20/19.
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (204guy, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.