Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't think TRH, Ghost or Bristoe are crazy.

I think they have weak minds.

I quite agree on the first 2, but I'm not convinced on the 3rd member of that triumvirate. Yet.

The problem is a high degree of gullibility, coupled with inadequate education, which leads to deep-seated anxiety and feelings of inadequacy that are out of proportion with the person's strong ego. These persons attempt to reconcile the cognitive disconnect between their erroneous belief that they are exceptional and their low level of success/achievement in real life. They then embrace conspiracy theories and other kookiness as a means of demonstrating their "superiority" in the face of all evidence of their ordinariness.

I just watched a video this morning by some other kook that purported to "prove" the moon is an artificial satellite placed by aliens to watch "us". It was very slick, and sounded real convincing. There was a lot of good factual information in it, but about 1/4 of the assertions they made were outright lies. For instance, they said that mica and titanium are present in large quantities on the moon, but are not "elements" that are found in nature; well, first thing, mica is a silicate mineral, not an element, and second thing, both mica and titanium are present in abundance naturally both on the earth and the moon. In another hilarious segment, they claimed the moon was only 25% as massive as it should be, by using a flawed geometric formula for volume of a sphere that anyone who knows 8th grade math would recognize s wrong. But hey, geometry and algebra have no relevance in "real life", so we don't need to teach that stuff, any more. Many other flat-out falsehoods were included in the video, which any person with even a smattering of college-level education in physics, astronomy, and geology would recognize. But huge numbers of gullible, undereducated, and overconfident conspiracy kooks will watch this video and be convinced by the slick sales pitch.

The rubes who sucker in on the talk radio and internet conspiracy pundits (I dunno, is Alex Jones one? I don't keep track...) are quick to deny anything that doesn't support their warped view of the world and politics as deliberate deception perpetrated by deepstate/Illuminati/joos/boogeyman-of-the-week, and dismiss official sources of information as a matter of course. Because that proves their "superiority" in the face of their obvious ordinariness.

Kind of pathetic.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I quite agree on the first 2, but I'm not convinced on the 3rd member of that triumvirate. Yet.

The problem is a high degree of gullibility, coupled with inadequate education, which leads to deep-seated anxiety and feelings of inadequacy that are out of proportion with the person's strong ego. These persons attempt to reconcile the cognitive disconnect between their erroneous belief that they are exceptional and their low level of success/achievement in real life. They then embrace conspiracy theories and other kookiness as a means of demonstrating their "superiority" in the face of all evidence of their ordinariness.

I just watched a video this morning by some other kook that purported to "prove" the moon is an artificial satellite placed by aliens to watch "us". It was very slick, and sounded real convincing. There was a lot of good factual information in it, but about 1/4 of the assertions they made were outright lies. For instance, they said that mica and titanium are present in large quantities on the moon, but are not "elements" that are found in nature; well, first thing, mica is a silicate mineral, not an element, and second thing, both mica and titanium are present in abundance naturally both on the earth and the moon. In another hilarious segment, they claimed the moon was only 25% as massive as it should be, by using a flawed geometric formula for volume of a sphere that anyone who knows 8th grade math would recognize s wrong. But hey, geometry and algebra have no relevance in "real life", so we don't need to teach that stuff, any more. Many other flat-out falsehoods were included in the video, which any person with even a smattering of college-level education in physics, astronomy, and geology would recognize. But huge numbers of gullible, undereducated, and overconfident conspiracy kooks will watch this video and be convinced by the slick sales pitch.

The rubes who sucker in on the talk radio and internet conspiracy pundits (I dunno, is Alex Jones one? I don't keep track...) are quick to deny anything that doesn't support their warped view of the world and politics as deliberate deception perpetrated by deepstate/Illuminati/joos/boogeyman-of-the-week, and dismiss official sources of information as a matter of course. Because that proves their "superiority" in the face of their obvious ordinariness.

Kind of pathetic.

Nations make war to increase their influence and to better the lives of its tribe.

America gets nothing from its wars except an astronomical national debt.

In the meantime, the people who rule America have opened its borders and are allowing multiple millions of third world people to invade it,...and they're even using the money of productive Americans to finance the invasion.

Meanwhile,....justification for one war in the Middle East after another keeps getting stuck in Americans faces by the idiot/propaganda box. It serves as many things,.... not the least of which is a diversion.

It never ends.

Anybody who continues to demonstrate the idiocy required to be supportive of such a situation should go easy on tossing around the word "gullible".

Fortunately, most of that mindset is contained within a generation that will not be around for much longer.

Right now America is in a contest to see if it can survive the Boomer generation.

I'm not optimistic.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Kind of pathetic.

IMO - You definitely have the 3rd member pegged completely also.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Watch it, bub... I might throw y'all in with the other two yet! grin

Originally Posted by Bristoe

...[MiddleEastWars etc]...
Anybody who continues to demonstrate the idiocy required to be supportive of such a situation should go easy on tossing around the word "gullible".

Are you saying that there are only two choices? You're smarter than that.

My read on this tells me that American foreign policy on issues in the Middle East is not an either/or decision-making process. Anyone who claims it is that simplistic is a sophist, a demagogue, or an idiot.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Once again, I've nailed the subject line of a thread 100%. The kooks are in full kook-mode...

I guess Trump is a kook too,...since in the end he agreed with me to not go to war with Iran.

The *true* kooks are those who can't get enough war. It's the American mental illness.

No the "true" kooks are those who ignore history and what always happens when strong dictators sense weakness.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Once again, I've nailed the subject line of a thread 100%. The kooks are in full kook-mode...

I guess Trump is a kook too,...since in the end he agreed with me to not go to war with Iran.

The *true* kooks are those who can't get enough war. It's the American mental illness.

The sad but funny part is that you probably believe what is bolded in your post.......... crazy laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

My read on this tells me that American foreign policy on issues in the Middle East is not an either/or decision-making process. Anyone who claims it is that simplistic is a sophist, a demagogue, or an idiot.

thank you doc, you said it well.
i made a comment on another thread that none of us really know what is going on, but you have to wonder if iran is pulling uncles chin whiskers. Little is mentioned about those straights and what an economic mess mining of them would cause on the world's economy and we would not be exempt. Rarely are there simple answers.
Other than in a few minds.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

No the "true" kooks are those who ignore history and what always happens when strong dictators sense weakness.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Why isn't this a problem for the Japanese and Norwegians to settle?

g.

Am I wrong on any of this?

1. The Drone was USN property
2. If the oil gets disrupted, prepare to lose your job as it would all but paralyze the economies of the west
3. yes you are.

Fair enough. So what lengths should we go to at present?

ps- I had not heard about the drone at the time of my last post. I am a bit ambivalent since it had no pilots- but willing to think I shouldn't be. I guess this response will set a precedence and need to be weighted. I do worry that using drones as a reason for response sets too easy a provocation. Interesting times.

There are also many reports that within the past few weeks Iranian rockets have hit warehouses owned by Exxon mobil. And a couple other facilities that are home to American personnel employed overseas....is that enough American interest for you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Kind of pathetic.

Doc pretty much nails 90% of the CF Kookery. The remaining 10% will require Gus to explain. crazy grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Kind of pathetic.

Nations make war to increase their influence and to better the lives of its tribe.

America gets nothing from its wars except an astronomical national debt.

In the meantime, the people who rule America have opened its borders and are allowing multiple millions of third world people to invade it,...and they're even using the money of productive Americans to finance the invasion.

Meanwhile,....justification for one war in the Middle East after another keeps getting stuck in Americans faces by the idiot/propaganda box. It serves as many things,.... not the least of which is a diversion.

It never ends.

Fortunately, most of that mindset is contained within a generation that will not be around for much longer.

Right now America is in a contest to see if it can survive the Boomer generation.

I'm not optimistic.

I really can't disagree with most of what you've said here. "most" anyway. I'm all for empire building...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I'm smart enough to know that when Netanyahu comes to America and addresses the American Congress about what a big boogeyman Iran is,....he's not doing so for the benefit of America.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You're evading the question, bub.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You're evading the question, bub.

Which question,.."bub"?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Are you saying that there are only two choices?

My read on this tells me that American foreign policy on issues in the Middle East is not an either/or decision-making process.

Last edited by DocRocket; 06/21/19.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The LAST thing we need is to invade Iran. We lack the will, guts or for that matter manpower and money to do it, but if I were Trump, I'd be poring over high impact/lower risk punitive actions. Search for "Preying Mantis" for an idea I would love to see...

While admittedly I do not have the Google Foo skills like some of our resident conspiracy theorists here, this particular remedy seems quite severe.

"URBAN DICTIONARY
A preying mantis is a woman who, while orally pleasuring a man, bites the head of the penis right when the man is about to cum, much like the female insect (preying mantis) will eat her mate after the reproduction process."

Personally, I would opt for the submarine hunter scenario. Quietly executed and sends a very strong message.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Two choices is stretching it.

America has to extricate itself from being the attack dog of the Middle East if it's to survive.

It's making America financially weak,...while others are getting strong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm neither commenting on this particular foreign policy discussion nor the Jewish thing. I am commenting on the attack on TRH. I don't know what your definition of a "weak mind" is but TRH is at least as intelligent as you. In order to say that TRH is not "exceptional" you would have to be admitting to your own lack of exceptionality. Success is as you define it. Money? Are you as successful as say, Donald Trump? In comparison, you would have a "low level of success/achievement".

We all have our conspiracy theories whether they are something on the order of McVeigh and others blowing up the Murrah Building or the same bunch being coerced into confessing they did. Either is a conspiracy and if belief in conspiracy theories defines "kookiness" and "ordinariness" then you have defined yourself as well, Doc.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My goodness. I guess I should be concerned. wink

I'm not medically qualified to render an opinion, but just based on my 30 plus years in a leadership position and leading & being responsible for a few thousand people, yeah, you're definitively a full bubble off plumb.

You can be assured that I'll give your assessment all the consideration it deserves.

Glad to hear you will be seeking treatment.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I'm neither commenting on this particular foreign policy discussion nor the Jewish thing. I am commenting on the attack on TRH. I don't know what your definition of a "weak mind" is but TRH is at least as intelligent as you. In order to say that TRH is not "exceptional" you would have to be admitting to your own lack of exceptionality. Success is as you define it. Money? Are you as successful as say, Donald Trump? In comparison, you would have a "low level of success/achievement".

We all have our conspiracy theories whether they are something on the order of McVeigh and others blowing up the Murrah Building or the same bunch being coerced into confessing they did. Either is a conspiracy and if belief in conspiracy theories defines "kookiness" and "ordinariness" then you have defined yourself as well, Doc.

I doubt I'm taking much of a gamble in stating that Doc doesn't measure primarily from a monetary standpoint. In the areas that actually matter, Doc is a 'rich man' and likely better off than Trump. YMMV and all that B S............

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.