Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
If you run the 120 at the same pressure as the 140, you'll see a significant velocity gain.

I figure. It just may be, in my case, that Wby loads the 140gr TTSX at higher pressure than it loads the 120gr TTSX for some reason.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I kinda considered that the issue with box length would be a self solving problem due to twist.

Oddly enough, just got a call from the dude who is building the rifle, and has the tube. We got to talking about other stuff, then I asked him about the barrel. He either told me wrong, or I heard wrong, months ago when we fist discussed it, but he assured me its a 9 twist.

So it IS 9 twist? And free? Even better! You must be living right
laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
They have been making Mark V 7mm Weatherby rifles with a 1-10 twist since the beginning of time

Based on my experience, that is a mistake, unless my Mk V is an aberration.

total agreement , I wish they would go at least 1-9 but like I said they are fixated on 1-10

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Get a 308 Winchester....and you can thank me later!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
308 is covered, thanks though.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Something like this lightweight 7WSM with Bansner stock and 1:9 twist?

I went straight to force feeding it either 160g Nosler Accubond or the 165 Sierra GameChanger.

Either I’m sure I can get to a minimum of .05 with fps in 3k with 69g of H1000 or Retumbo... I’d have to check but IIRC 69g was almost my max. I will look at my log info tomorrow for accuracy.

Good Luck...It’s a cool lightweight rig once you figure out the bullet, powder and speed and you’ll enjoying putting some good sized furs in the dirt...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
[Linked Image]

I went straight to force feeding it either 160g Nosler Accubond or the 165 Sierra GameChanger.

Either I’m sure I can get to a minimum of .05 with fps in 3k with 69g of H1000 or Retumbo... I’d have to check but IIRC 69g was almost my max. I will look at my log info tomorrow for accuracy.

Good Luck...It’s a cool lightweight rig once you figure out the bullet, powder and speed and you’ll enjoying putting some good sized furs in the dirt...😎

Dang Beav, you don't need to pillage my shootin wares, looks like you have things pretty well covered. Nice rifle....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Pretty good article, from years back, on LR hunting with the 7 WSM:

https://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek064.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
[Linked Image]

Dang Beav, you don't need to pillage my shootin wares, looks like you have things pretty well covered. Nice rifle....

Thanks Fubar...It was probably yours at one time...She’s been passed around a bit before I gave her a good home...It’s a nice rifle with a lot of life left...Just a little bitchy with her bite sometimes. Grins 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Thanks Fubar...It was probably yours at one time...She’s been passed around a bit before I gave her a good home...It’s a nice rifle with a lot of life left...Just a little bitchy with her bite sometimes. Grins 😎

Is this like a shelter dog? in need of a good home........
I don't do magnums they hurt my vagina

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[Linked Image]

I bought one today at the distant gunshop I visit, it is a NIB Howa 7wsm. 350 out the door , been sittting there for a while. What are the particulars on that build? I love that Bansner stock was wondering about the barrel.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by peeshooter
1-10 twist????? Can you return it?

They have been making Mark V 7mm Weatherby rifles with a 1-10 twist since the beginning of time

In 1970s vintage M70 and a Savage M110 7 RM 1-10 twist the Winchester favored 160 gr and never liked 175 or 140 weights. The Savage shot all weights better than the Winchester and really liked the 175 weights.

I believe nothing beats shooting to really know.

I have a M700 in 300 WSM and the magazine is tight with factory ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

I bought one today at the distant gunshop I visit, it is a NIB Howa 7wsm. 350 out the door , been sittting there for a while. What are the particulars on that build? I love that Bansner stock was wondering about the barrel.

Old 2006 Gunwerks build.
Broughton 24” SS fluted barrel 1:9
Milled and lightened bolt
bedded and cerakote

Good deal on your Howa! 😎

“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[Linked Image]

Old 2006 Gunwerks build.
Broughton 24” SS fluted barrel 1:9
Milled and lightened bolt
bedded and cerakote

Good deal on your Howa! 😎

I just finished cleaning it, must have been at the same dealer since it was first delivered. Putting it in the safe afterwards and going to find parts next week. I love that round

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m loading ammo for mine right now.
Running 69.7g H-1000 under 160g Abonds. This showed the best group on paper.
Next weekend I will chrono an average of 5 shots for speed and be done until critter season.
😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 17Hunter, 63 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,437
Posts18,507,706
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.