Hop To
Page 3 of 79 1 2 3 4 5 78 79
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Send Joel 20 bucks.
He will pray for you.
Send him 50 he will get word to God to forgive you.
Cause he is Joel and Joel knows.......

So what if ya dont go to church.
Some people dont need a snake oil salesman to tell em how to believe in a higher power....

Scheme since the dawn of time.
For power, control, and money.

And which bible is correct and which christian spin off is the correct one.
Hasn't man had influence in what goes into what bible version since the dawn of it all....
How can man arbitrarily decide what is gods word from documents written by other men.

What's that saying about judging others or your gonna get judged yourself.....

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“A good argument can be made that God doesn't "send" people to Hell so much as they choose it. Free will. If a person is uncomfortable with offering worship and praise to God for 1 hour out of the 168 hours in a week, how would they feel about doing that constantly for an eternity?”
Obviously we have a different point of view on free will to choose and be punished for it. So choose my way or burn.
Lol.
Not surprised, that is opinion from a Brain washed bible thumper.

Last edited by Dre; 06/24/19.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
You left us Agnostics off your thread title.

^non-Christians

I ain't buying that. We are just as good as the Atheists that you did list on your title.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Fixed it for you Bowsinger.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dre
“A good argument can be made that God doesn't "send" people to Hell so much as they choose it.

I agree 100%

Originally Posted by Dre
If a person is uncomfortable with offering worship and praise to God for 1 hour out of the 168 hours in a week, how would they feel about doing that constantly for an eternity?

Obviously they would be more comfortable in Hell

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if the one true god doesn't want one of his created beings to go to the bad place, he'll find a way to save him. otherwise, his created being has an important role to play there, so god assigns him to that location/condition/dimension. it's all so very simple.

no wonder humans have been kickin' false gods to the side of the road for centuries now.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
You’ve been sand bagging all this time, Gus.

C.H. Spurgeon
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i learnt sandbagging at ft. hood, back in the day.

drinking some old forester & sandbagging.

it don't hardly get no better.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
And which bible is correct?

The Holy Bible

Originally Posted by renegade50
What's that saying about judging others or your gonna get judged yourself...

I call it warning and passing along valid information. I don’t consider that judging. Just passing along what has taken many years to learn through failure, sin, guilt, chastisement from God, prayer, & studying/reading His Word.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-on-judging/

Last edited by Jahrs; 06/24/19.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Gus
i learnt sandbagging at ft. hood, back in the day.

drinking some old forester & sandbagging.

it don't hardly get no better.

Ft Knox here...old Milwaukee

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
For those who can’t make it to church today or for those who don’t believe or do not know that Jesus was a real person, risen from the dead and is alive, here is something that may help. It could be the best 45 minutes that you've ever spent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZb3HvV9Ew

Ravi used to be a good guy but he started compromising with total heretics.
Not good.
And then there is the big big money...
Not the apostle Paul.
Don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but honestly do some research on his apostasy and you will find it.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I’ll look into it but just remember, we all fail we all make mistakes and there will always be lies told as well as haters.

C.H. Spurgeon
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
For those who can’t make it to church today or for those who don’t believe or do not know that Jesus was a real person, risen from the dead and is alive, here is something that may help. It could be the best 45 minutes that you've ever spent.

Todays Monday, aren't you supposed to go to church on Sundays....Saturdays for wedding and getting the kids dipped?

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I’ll look into it but just remember, we all fail we all make mistakes and there will always be lies told as well as haters.

Yes indeed... but
His compromises are real.
I used to like him.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NYH1

Todays Monday, aren't you supposed to go to church on Sundays....Saturdays for wedding and getting the kids dipped?

NYH1.

due to the conditions in which we found ourselves, we were required to get married on a sunday afternoon.

a quick honeymoon and back to the structure that johnson and his crowd had set up for me.

it doesn't matter much which day one is married. what's important is that one follows the rules.

the rules as set down by the us government. otherwise, why even have a gov't of any kind?

the Mighty Sky-god YHWH had it all set down, 10 commandments and all.

but somebody said we couldn't follow the rules. so something else?

how about make it all up as we go? that works, doesn't it?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He formed his own Toronto-based ministry, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, in 1984 and is the host of radio shows called “Let My People Think” and “Just Thinking,” all of which has helped him pocket a net worth of $7.5 million.Sep 14, 2016
Hooch.net › richest-religious-leaders
Gilded Gods: How The Richest Religious Leaders Live - Hooch.net

Any preacher with a net worth of 7.5 million dollars has completely missed the point of Jesus teachings. Anyone that promotes said Charlatans has also completely missed the point.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Tyrone
LOL! Yeah, be a good person, fck like an alley cat & kill the bastard if there's a pregnancy! LOL!

Atheists have killed more people than ALL religions combined throughout our entire history!

Blaming Atheists?....It is not the Lord that giveth and taketh?....free will issued by God is what permits the wicked to kill.
surely God knew exactly how his plans would work out before the creation of the universe and mankind.

it wasn't mankind who cast down/sent Lucifer to be prince of this world, it was Gods idea with full prior knowledge of the consequences.

What If God had not made Adam so stupid so as to listen to Eve and eat the forbidden fruit?

if Adam had been fooled by the wiliest most cunning animal [snake] I could better understand... grin

I think most people understand that people die of natural causes, disease, accidents etc. this is simply the reality of life that anyone must recognize regardless of their belief system -- and all of these take place within the natural laws of science as ordained by God. Sometimes God allows the laws of cause and effect to run their course and sometimes He miraculously intervenes.

Murder, genocide, mass killings are something completely different and most reasonable people would agree--which is why we have laws against such actions. These are based on the choices of evil men acting in accordance with their will. When looking at the horrors committed in the name of religion and the horrors committed in the name of atheism a reasonable person would conclude that mankind in general has a propensity in their nature to be selfish and evil unless they curb it. A child does not need to be taught to be selfish it's inherently there--but they need to be taught self discipline and morals.

Jesus Christ was the expression of the model of a man that God has given for our lives. You will not find any record of Him committing the atrocities being noted. Man with moral religion can still be very evil (Jesus noted that), man without any moral restraint will become more evil (Atheistic Communism has proven that). Jesus has provided the answer for mankind--in dealing with their evil inclinations and giving guidance for life.

Blaming God for reality as you perceive it changes nothing about reality--reality remains the same. But when you reject God because you cannot control Him, you choose to embrace something far worse -- random meaninglessness.

Furthermore you cannot charge God of anything unless you believe in His existence--but if you believe in His existence as truly God, then you as a man cannot call Him into judgment unless you have superior knowledge to do so, otherwise it's like a little child with their limited understanding trying to dismiss the loving guidance of parents.

You blame God for giving men freewill, but then you in turn exercise that freewill to reject God. How can you logically condemn what you at the same exercise as your right? You blame God for making man stupid, but then you assume yourself to be wiser then God.

The witness to truth is both internal--from the Scriptures and also externally corroborated by world history fulfilling the prophecies of Scripture. Both are essential to study if you truly want the truth. Since Ravi is being called into question on this thread, I would note that the presentations of Ravi typically follows those principles of presenting both internal and external witnesses. To my knowledge Ravi does not use the wealth of His ministry supported by the freewill offerings of men to serve himself, but rather he uses those resources to serve others. Ultimately his ministry will be accounted for by God.

While the professing "Church" has done some horrible things through the years that did not model Christ, the "true Church," in spite of it's failures, has modeled Christ in serving and helping others with no benefit to themselves.

No matter how many times the truth is used for selfish purposes it still remains the truth. Math is always math--some people use it to swindle others and some use it to bless others--but math is still always math.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 06/25/19.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dre
F*ck religion.
Constant killing in name of _____ over the centuries.
Basically a Crutch for the weak that need something to believe in....Mystical being?
Just be a good person and move on.

Mystical? Are we overlooking the historical evidence for the man Jesus Christ -- such as from the secular historians and even the secular critics of that era?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
the "true Church," in spite of it's failures, has modeled Christ in serving and helping others with no benefit to themselves.

Can you define your definition of "true Church".
Just for clarification I am a believer in both God and Jesus, but I am also a believer in the fact that you can dress an Ape up in a tuxedo, but it is still an Ape. I do not know of many Non-501C3 churches in this country and those that are have taken a bribe for benefit and for no other reason. They, in full knowledge gives the Gov. the right to head the church and censor what they want censored. Therefore I am curious what church you are calling the "true church" and is modeling Christ. I don't see many of them targeting the money lenders along with some other "affairs of state".
As I've said, I am curious and hoping there is such in this country besides those who are worshiping and doing His will in secret.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thunderstick, that's Post-of-the-Year material!

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 3 of 79 1 2 3 4 5 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,438 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.