-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Getting into the short go-rounds, but still competing...

Last edited by mudhen; 06/25/19.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wake up

Look down

If I see grass, it's a good day

73 years plus a little so far!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Experience and odds say that I can't have very much left - still trying to be resourceful and productive and to make good things happen every day. Time can be valuable - true friends always precious.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Dentist recently told me these are the teeth I'll die with. Don't know if that's good news or bad.

I have a tooth that needs pulling , if I live until August 8.

Damn shame I have to wait until August 8.

I guess business is good for the tooth pullers if they have that long of a wait.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My teeth are better than my liver I suspect. 😂

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have decided not to croak until I kill a wolf. The way things have gone thus far I may live a long time.

Unless those under 50 y/o decide to euthanize us boomersgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to live long enough to get back all my social security money I put in then get on the gov't tit.. Also want to live long enough to get all my money out of my annuities & then get on the insurance company's dime.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope to live long enough to get all my money out of teachers retirement.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm right at a month from being 59, my blood pressure - pulse - all that is perfect with no medicines and I came awful damn close June 15th...
Did some running around, went to dinner and was driving home with the wife, last thing I remember is turning off the highway into a cornfield. About 45 minutes later, I understood enough to hear them tell me they were doing a CT Scan. As soon as the CT scan was done, they dumped an IV bag full of the clot-buster drug into me faster than I have ever seen one empty. All I could do is lay on the gurney and open my eyes - couldn't talk, move... nothing.

Three days later I walked out of the hospital with no apparent damage or affects of having a stroke that everyone says should have left me a vegetable or killed me. Have some follows up, and until they are done, can't lift anything over 20 pounds, no archery, no guns, can't stay outside if it is over 80 degrees and 60% humidity (try that in Missouri). I'm going absolutely bat [bleep] crazy and climbing the walls but I'm alive and plan on staying that way for a long time to come!

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m 34. I hope lots of time left. Got three ankle biters myself and a pile of nieces/nephews that don’t have decent father figures in their lives and so I’m fairly busy.

Yup.
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Alcohol is a big killer.

So are carbs.

I’ve really cut back a LOT on the alcohol.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t drink unless I have some.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just take it one day at a time. Whatever happens, happens.

As for alcohol, I hardly ever take a drink unless I'm by myself or with someone. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
And, what do you want to do with the time? We ain't gettin' any younger! laugh

I have today. At least up till now. Don't mean to pour cold water on the Fire but that's a question you'll never know unless you have the hammer back and your finger on the trigger. In the spring of 2017, 66 years old still climbing trees to hunt, walking mountains, running chainsaws, fixing anything that needed it, got to where I was always tired no matter how much sleep. Always having to stop to rest. Along in August when I couldn't keep going, couldn't eat, lost about 25 lbs, no answers, when I finally ended up in an ER trying to figure out a crazy high temp and some other stuff all the answers didn't come out, but kidney cancer did; renal cell carcinoma, right side. Fast forward to December and that's when the robot doc at Levine Cancer Center pulled the part of that kidney with the cancer and fortunately left most. Time to heal.

By late February was fairly well recovered, had a new chain saw and proceeded to "thin out" six cords of firewood from the back yard. Bout wore me out but felt good, till May. Then routine follow up with my urologist and he's right back at me saying a new test says I have an 80% chance of an aggressive form of prostate cancer. Fast forward again. Confirmed at Levine and removed Sept 2018. Turned out better than it was supposed to. Pee only where & when I want and never when I don't. LeRoy could be doing better but shows good signs of life, specially on drugs wink . Decided with two abdominal cancers back to back a routine colonoscopy might be a good idea. A month after prostate surgery, colon cancer was discovered. Partial colectomy in November almost 2 months to the day after prostate surgery. 13 days in the hospital because of an OR screw up, MRSA infection a prideful surgeon refused to diagnose and sent me home with, over two months of an open draining wound due to that and it healed only because I went to my primary care doc to get lab work and treatment. But it didn't heal correctly.

Just got released from the hospital on the 19th after another 5 day stay. Fairly extensive hernia repair from the deep umbilical hernia from the infection pit, along with the idiot surgeon incising dead on top of 30 day old primary incision from the Sept surgery. Now to recover, again. Bottom line I went from healthy and strong to having 3 separate cancers in my body at the same time, dealt with one by one, followed by proof there's idiots everywhere that come when you least expect it, all in a year and a half. Add the "mystery illness" from 2017 and so far I've stayed sick, hospitilized or recovering for over 2 years. And honestly after finding 3, realism sets in and you have to question the future.

But you know me, I can't complain. grins

So just a small point to make. Be careful calculating and having fun guessing about life when you never, never have the full answers to a serious question. Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is the front end of a train. LOL. Gotta go. Got some healing to do and life to start over. Maybe a year, maybe 50. Whatever time is left I intend to use for accomplishment, I do believe God can put that in front of us in ways we would not choose.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well I'm 81. Most of my close kin passed in their mid to late 80s. Got two bad knees, High BP, diabetic so I wonder what my chances are from day to day? I do have a cow elk hunt booked for this coming December so I hope I make it at least that far and farther on as well. I'm not in any hurry to go. That hunt will probably be my last one. After that it's play with cast lead and fun at the range.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You know what they say, "Yesterday is history, today is a gift and tomorrow is a mystery".

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't know, thankful each day when I get up.
Try to enjoy every day.
Are you living or just waiting to die/??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I don't know the first question ! And I'm glad I don't!

In answer to the second! Spend lots of time with my wife, kids, and grand kids !

I'm crushed!

You forgot about me.....again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
now that we're speaking of such esoteric wanderings, a old cherokee witch once told me to visualize myself in a casket. the casket could be in any church, or funeral home anywhere.

now, see where i am now. and to then carefully project a trajectory from now to Then. pretty easy, huh? most of us know all about trajectories. well, i do.

anyways, see the target and define how best to get there was her message in terms of guidance, direction, and willingness to help.

what she was sayin' certainly made some degree of good sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About to open the door on 72 soon.

I figure that the way things are going I'll do ten years, one way or the other. It's been a great run. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.