Page 6 of 79 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 78 79
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by K22
Any Holy Bible that you want to use as long as there are 66 boks in it.

I'm hoping you are not serious.
What about the other 24 or so?

[Linked Image]

Even Google thinks that 66 is the correct answer, can you believe that?

I listed the ESV, NSAB and the New King James as my preference and you are surprised at my answer?

The 14 apocrypha books were not canonized in the same way as the 66 (Genesis thru Revelation) were and did not meet the criteria.

The Criteria being

1) Was the book written by a prophet of God?
2) Was the writer authenticated by miracles to confirm his message?
3) Does the book tell the truth about God, with no falsehood or contradiction?
4) Does the book evince a divine capacity to transform lives?
5) Was the book accepted as God's Word by the people to whom it was first delivered?

66 + 12 + 80

What are the other 12 or so books that you are stating to be Scripture?

Since you linked from Google, I'll link from Wikipedia which lists the 24 or so books. Most of those books I have and have study them. The information in all of them is very important to have so that the Bible (alleged Word of God) flows more like a river instead of the hops and skips required to make it from one puddle to another. Your first listed criteria is interesting for a couple of reasons. Who says someone is a prophet of God? The writer? The reader? God? And if God, who says that God said they were? But to use your criteria as a test model, then not only was Enoch a prophet, but he never tasted the death and was taken up into Heaven on God's command. I think I would be most interested in reading Enoch's book if I was concerned about Christianity. The other 4 criteria listed are ludicrous and quite obviously coming from some "religion" teaching. If I was trying to lead a person to Jesus and certainly wouldn't use any of the those 5 questions as proof as none of them can be proven as true criteria.
Let me suggest you read and study the Book of Enoch, the Book of Jasher, and the Gospel of Thomas, before believing any religious organizations criteria of what proves a book to be true and long before I would believe any thing [canonized] by any agenda driven man.
As I said before, I am a believer or in most Catholicism perception minds, a Christian, but this believer is done with the milk and now only interested in the meat, so where's the beef, to borrow a phrase. I know who I am and who my King and my Knight are. I know what my inheritance is. As I have told many, when I was around 7 years old I was told that Jesus loved me, I believed it then and still do. I DO NOT need to be told that again. But my, that seems to be as far into the knowledge of God many can go, therefore it is no wonder God's people keep being defeated ie tricked so easily by Lucifer.

Last edited by K22; 06/26/19.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
After talking to people for about 5 min. who/what Jesus is I've gotten more, even better response when I go into the story of Phineas and the Priesthood bestowed upon him and his ancestors and how his actions saved Israel. Or at other times I talk to them about Genesis 6 and who the Nephilim are both in the Bible and History. Then there's the story of King Joseph in Egypt and his challis/cup with the 12 stones around it or even the star map Benjamin used. Or maybe even the story of Judith and how she had more courage than the men of Israel and saved them the Syrians. These are just a few of the historical stories told both in the "canonized" version and the other books Lucifer didn't want placed in the Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rimfire
Who/What created god? After all nothing can just come into being without a "creator". there must be an even greater god out there. (I still have that bridge for sale)

Why's that? Maybe in our three plus one dimension universe that's the way it works, but the guy that made the universe cannot be constrained by it.

BTW, God always was, he didn't "come into existence." Don't try to apply the rules of your universe to outside of your universe.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
We are getting off topic here with your concerns how about you start a new thread and I’ll make some reply’s.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We are getting off topic here with your concerns how about you start a new thread and I’ll make some reply’s.

I'll concede to stay off your thread, but I do not think it is getting off topic. It would appear to be going more than 2 questions deep. As you have shown the majority of the books are in the Old Testament, but because of the "new" age church teachings apathy is abound in house. I've heard it said many times that the problem with the US is they removed prayer from school and because of that our morals have deteriorated. It is true that they (whoever they is) have removed prayer from school, but morals have not dropped any more than before the removal, but what has changed is, there are to many pussy's in Christianity. The teachings/history of the old testament showed that men and women back then had balls and were not afraid to step to the bat. In modern today, no balls and anyone who some is demonized and chased off. So my point is this, if I was someone on the street and one of our new modern Christians came up to me and started the speel I so often hear lately concerning Jesus and Christianity I would walk away. Reading the debate between the so called non believers on here vs the believers makes me lend a hand to the nonbelievers. Trying to explain away why they should believe is laughable and hence my reasoning to bringing the teachings to life. All of History, Science, Mathematics, Biology, ect. are in the[ entire] collection of books, not just the portion man has decided is the truth. Seriously. Milk toast doesn't get it anymore. Wheres the beef.
I will not be starting another thread of debate concerning Christianity and will refrain from commenting on this one. I used to be where you are in my beliefs, not anymore. I stand on what I believe.

When the senses
Are shaken, and the soul is driven to madness,
Who can stand?
When the souls of the oppressed
Fight in the troubled air that rages,
Who can stand?
When the whirlwind of fury comes from the
Throne of God, when the frowns of his countenance
Drive the nations together,
Who can stand?
When Sin claps his broad wings over the battle,
And sails rejoicing in the flood of Death;
When souls are torn to everlasting fire,
And fiends of Hell rejoice upon the slain.
O who can stand?
O who hath caused this?
O who can answer at the throne of God?
The Kings and Nobles of the Land have done it!
Hear it not, Heaven, thy "MINISTERS" have done it!

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by renegade50
Another classic my way or the highway sanctamonius religon thread.

So be good for at least 5 to 10 more pages.

You can go to St Michaels and buy some indulgences?

What's a good indulgence going for these days anyway?

A Hell of a lot.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If there were no Satan, there would be no dimocraps.

nor any christians....for it is the sick and wicked ungodworthy who need Christ, not the righteous.

None are righteous. No, not one.

That's why we need a Savior.

Last edited by RickyD; 06/26/19.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by K22

I'll concede to stay off your thread, but I do not think it is getting off topic. It would appear to be going more than 2 questions deep. As you have shown the majority of the books are in the Old Testament, but because of the "new" age church teachings apathy is abound in house. I've heard it said many times that the problem with the US is they removed prayer from school and because of that our morals have deteriorated. It is true that they (whoever they is) have removed prayer from school, but morals have not dropped any more than before the removal, but what has changed is, there are to many pussy's in Christianity. The teachings/history of the old testament showed that men and women back then had balls and were not afraid to step to the bat. In modern today, no balls and anyone who some is demonized and chased off. So my point is this, if I was someone on the street and one of our new modern Christians came up to me and started the speel I so often hear lately concerning Jesus and Christianity I would walk away. Reading the debate between the so called non believers on here vs the believers makes me lend a hand to the nonbelievers. Trying to explain away why they should believe is laughable and hence my reasoning to bringing the teachings to life. All of History, Science, Mathematics, Biology, ect. are in the[ entire] collection of books, not just the portion man has decided is the truth. Seriously. Milk toast doesn't get it anymore. Wheres the beef.
I will not be starting another thread of debate concerning Christianity and will refrain from commenting on this one. I used to be where you are in my beliefs, not anymore. I stand on what I believe.

When the senses
Are shaken, and the soul is driven to madness,
Who can stand?
When the souls of the oppressed
Fight in the troubled air that rages,
Who can stand?
When the whirlwind of fury comes from the
Throne of God, when the frowns of his countenance
Drive the nations together,
Who can stand?
When Sin claps his broad wings over the battle,
And sails rejoicing in the flood of Death;
When souls are torn to everlasting fire,
And fiends of Hell rejoice upon the slain.
O who can stand?
O who hath caused this?
O who can answer at the throne of God?
The Kings and Nobles of the Land have done it!
Hear it not, Heaven, thy "MINISTERS" have done it!

A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher but they were not canonized. The Jews did not recognize those books as scripture or they would be there. The Jewish Bible (The Tanach) Is exactly the same as the old testament of our Holy Bible today. The Masoretic & and the Septuagint (Hebrew & Greek text) are identical to the Tanach. The books of our OT Bible and their Bible maybe different in number but it’s all the same as far as text goes. Our OT lists the major profits or the minor profits (forget which) individually and they group them together to form one book. The Jews were the receivers of ALL scripture (Via the Holy Spirit) with the exception of Luke. I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out why they didn’t include some of those books that you are claiming but the Hebrews were the horses mouth. They were there! The book of Enoch was apparently lost in the flood according to Wikipedia and I’m sure it’s a fantastic book since he is a man who walked with God.
Between the O T and the N T the meat therein will last you and I both a lifetime. I summit to you we’d never come to the end of that meat my brother! There is no need for me to search for Scripture elsewhere as I am perfectly satisfied with what’s there. The meat leads to sanctification and that’s where every one of those 66 books will lead you if you will follow them. They’ll transform a hardened heart into a heart of Love, Peace and Joy. The Old Testament points forward to Christ and the New Testament teaches us about Him.
Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life.

C.H. Spurgeon
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher but they were not canonized. The Jews did not recognize those books as scripture or they would be there. The Jewish Bible (The Tanach) Is exactly the same as the old testament of our Holy Bible today. The Masoretic & and the Septuagint (Hebrew & Greek text) are identical to the Tanach. The books of our OT Bible and their Bible maybe different in number but it’s all the same as far as text goes. Our OT lists the major profits or the minor profits (forget which) individually and they group them together to form one book. The Jews were the receivers of ALL scripture (Via the Holy Spirit) with the exception of Luke. I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out why they didn’t include some of those books that you are claiming but the Hebrews were the horses mouth. They were there! The book of Enoch was apparently lost in the flood according to Wikipedia and I’m sure it’s a fantastic book since he is a man who walked with God.

That is so not true. Books Mentioned in the Bible.

But have it your way.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are too many contradictions in the bible and between religions for all of their claims and beliefs to be true.
If one set of beliefs is true the others must logically be wrong, or all of them can be wrong, but everything that is believed to be true cannot be true no matter how sincere or adamant the believer.

IC B3

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What do you think about this ?
https://youtu.be/6ahVF-UZrIc

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by K22
[quote]

But have it your way.

I was agreeing with you that they are mentioned in scripture but that’s not the same as being equal with scripture.
What exactly is your argument that all 90 are equal?

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dre

Some mathematical truth but the rest is bullshit

C.H. Spurgeon
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[quote=K22]

But have it your way.

I was agreeing with you that they are mentioned in scripture but that’s not the same as being equal with scripture.
What exactly is your argument that all 90 are equal?

I know I said I was not going to post anymore on this thread, but when you said
A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher but they were not canonized.
, it pretty much says well a few then, 3 books maybe in just in the OT. Actually most of the "lost books" are mentioned in the Bible and The Book of Enoch is quoted not only by Jude, but by Jesus also.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})

the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22). the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})

shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29) those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9})

"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24) Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).

Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28) I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})

Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})

between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26) by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})

In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})

that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36) the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})

the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14) all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})

Jude 1:14-15, quoting Enoch 1:9 {2:1} [1]

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

You say that all the "meat" you need is in the 66 books and no more is needed and I say that is a false teaching and one that comes from a 501C3 church where Jesus is no longer the head. The State is the head and the church can twist it any way they like but that fact still remains and if the State is the head then the body is NOT the body of Christ no more. How can that happen? By destroying the church and the body with lack of knowledge. The whole Book is needed to complete the picture that God painted just as a whole book of mathematics is needed. You start leaving out the small pieces of the picture the picture is no longer complete, then pretty soon bigger pieces are left out with sweet sounding propaganda stuff like "well they (and who is they really) didn't canonize those books. Once you can leave pieces of the picture out the picture looks strange, incomplete so now you can add your own pieces to make it "look" complete, but is it the true picture painted by God? And, here we have Jesus and the apostles quoting the Book of Enoch but the "church" says that book doesn't fit in our arrangement, no need to read it. Well ok fine, then those scriptures quoted from Enoch have no true meaning and eveyone needs to stop quoting them as though they came from Jesus. For instance, .........the Father judgeth no man, but hath commited all judgment unto the son....naw, toss that one out..................for every one that hath forsaken........shall inherit everlasting life................naw, not important toss it out too..............and on and on and on.

So the real question is this..............when the Head, Jesus, comes back for the body, the congregation, what congregation will he find? The one that cut off the head of Christ in leu of a bribe/tax exempt from the State or a body that forsook the love of money for truth and refused the 501C3 exemption? Oh, just so you know, under the Constitution the Church is already tax exempt, so falling for Lucifers 501C3 control form is a Satanic trap and renders the church to no effect.
From my studies I find that if you forsake Christ as the head of the body, your prayers and rituals are cast away and He hears you not, so why is the church crying "Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas."

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And just to clarify, I am not calling the "The Church" bad, but I am calling the institutionalized church bad which there are more of them the there are noninstututionalized churches. It is no wonder there is only the Elect left.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
For those who don't know, the so called unimportant Book of Enoch was written for ".........but not for this generation, but for a distant generation that will come. " So he wrote his unimportant book to a generation that would see.............."to which he blessed the chosen and righteous who must be present on the day of distress, which is appointed, for the removal of all the wicked and impious. " If this is the "last days" then it is this generation that Enoch wrote his book to. I find that very important and evidently so did Jude when he stated........"And about these also Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones" (Jude 14).

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Come on now if you’re going to quote me quote accurately

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There seem to be a lot of questions as to why this-r-that is/isn't in the Bible. Here is a decent little video.
Even better than the video is a small book called "Where We Got the Bible... Our Debt to the Catholic Church" by Graham.

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Bible-Debt-Catholic-Church/dp/0895557967

Politics is War by Other Means
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Dre

I need to finish watching this Dre, but what I have seen so far has a lot of truth in it. For instance, ..........And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a "man" meet you, "bearing a pitcher of water"; follow him into the "house" where he entereth in.Luke 22:10 How many scriptures reference a "man" holding a pitcher of water? Only one. So here we have Aquarius referenced, but is this the only place in scripture? No.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
There are many references in scripture about the constellations. The heavenly bodies, the sun moon and stars.
Just look in the book of Job.

Originally Posted by Dre

Dre Do you believe the sun Is the son of God spoken of by the prophets?

C.H. Spurgeon
Page 6 of 79 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.