Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Anyone here ever use Ivory soap for catfish bait? I've never tried with it.

Ivory soap floats IIRC.

Because its 99 44/100ths pure.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dave's grill looks clean enough to eat off of!

That ain't no fun! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Do not lather and shave with lemon scent Dawn unless you want a DIY facelift. Even if you have a court appearance and no other soap in the house. Just don’t, trust me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Point of order please:

Is Dawn detergent on a Scotch Brite pad for cleaning your hands after working on an engine permitted?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Point of order please:

Is Dawn detergent on a Scotch Brite pad for cleaning your hands after working on an engine permitted?

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
Point of order please:

No. A real man uses a sandblaster to scrub his hands.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Point of order please:

Strongly advised. SOP

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Point of order please:

Dip into the Rifles for REMFS fund and let's send this man some GOOP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
Sheeeiittt! A manly man uses a propane torch to light the BGE. Don't need no stinkin' matches.

Prezactly. It also starts the fireplace at camp and the wood stove in the wall tent at 3am.

But I'm with you on bar soap. The other stuff is slimy.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every once in a while with really dirty greasy hands tired and probably frustrated about a stuck something I like to kick it old school and wash my hands with gas. Well, like might be a strong word.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by TheKid
Point of order please:

No. A real man uses a sandblaster to scrub his hands.

Honestly that works to clean up your boots before re oiling them.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Weld or wield?

The Old Spice liquid soap is awesome, and has cool commercials.

The subject is not open for debate. It's like showing up in 1777 and saying "I dunno guys, maybe this united states of America idea isn't good?"

No, over ruled. (shakes head) inconceivable.

Gruff's gonna need a video...

Soap welding 101: Soap welding for dummies

#menusebarsoap #bodywashisforgirlsandmetrosexuals

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Weld or wield?

WELD

Fusion of 2 substrates, stick the baby bar to the big bar.... WELD!

Let's see how long this takes to stick.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might as well just sticky this post from the start.

A recent post about "bar soap" unintentionally exposed a collection of brilliant minds that exist among the masses of jackals and sheep that bump about the campfire regurgitating buzzwords and nonsense with relentless vigor.

The bar soap thread exposed the secret collection of wise men and women that could very easily write instructions for fruitful, meaningful existence on this planet.

In a sea of idiots that apparently pour liquefied soap onto their bodies from plastic squeeze bottles in the shower, there surfaced a select, chosen few that still used bars of soap. Not only did some use bar soap, but they were veteran welders of bar soap. The ability to fuse a baby soap bar to a new full sized soap bar.... It inspired me, it gave me hope for society.

Join me, fellow soap welders. Spill your knowledge into this thread so that others may learn. Let us save the world.

Lesson 1

Outdoor cooking should be done with charcoal or wood fire. Acceptable fuels are wood, lump charcoal and briquettes. Do Not use liquid fuels to light any of these, also do not buy any "match light" garbage briquettes.

Buy or make a steel charcoal chimney lighter. Get a bag of charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal. (here's a bonus tip) Briquettes, most grocery store "house brands" such as "flavorite" or "family value" are made and bagged by royal oak, don't spend that extra dollar on royal oak, the same stuff is inside that house brand value bag.

Pour the briquettes into the chimney starter, now tear the top 4 inches off the bag. The bag is 3 ply paper, separate the plys, wad them up, stick them in the bottom of the chimney lighter and light the paper with a wooden match.

This method utilizes the bag paper as starter fuel, eliminates a trip to the garbage can when the charcoal is all used up because the paper should be re torn and utilized as you make your way to the bottom of the bag.

The wooden match connects you to your forefathers. There is a tiny spark of fulfillment that comes with striking a wooden match, it's important.

Soap welders, please fill this bank of knowledge.

Donate them to your local tire repair shop. We used all of our little pieces of soap to lubricate tires before we put them on a wheel. Everyone who worked in the shop dropped the pieces into a couple of different coffee cans that always had some water I them. It works great.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Riddle me this..... How do all those tether addicted fuggers down in the backpacking forum weld their soap-on-a-rope?.....

it would look like a fricking octopus after a while.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Riddle me this..... How do all those tether addicted fuggers down in the backpacking forum weld their soap-on-a-rope?.....

it would look like a fricking octopus after a while.

Ohhhhh, thats a deep cut! Lmao!

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by kwg020
Might as well just sticky this post from the start.

A recent post about "bar soap" unintentionally exposed a collection of brilliant minds that exist among the masses of jackals and sheep that bump about the campfire regurgitating buzzwords and nonsense with relentless vigor.

The bar soap thread exposed the secret collection of wise men and women that could very easily write instructions for fruitful, meaningful existence on this planet.

In a sea of idiots that apparently pour liquefied soap onto their bodies from plastic squeeze bottles in the shower, there surfaced a select, chosen few that still used bars of soap. Not only did some use bar soap, but they were veteran welders of bar soap. The ability to fuse a baby soap bar to a new full sized soap bar.... It inspired me, it gave me hope for society.

Join me, fellow soap welders. Spill your knowledge into this thread so that others may learn. Let us save the world.

Lesson 1

Outdoor cooking should be done with charcoal or wood fire. Acceptable fuels are wood, lump charcoal and briquettes. Do Not use liquid fuels to light any of these, also do not buy any "match light" garbage briquettes.

Buy or make a steel charcoal chimney lighter. Get a bag of charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal. (here's a bonus tip) Briquettes, most grocery store "house brands" such as "flavorite" or "family value" are made and bagged by royal oak, don't spend that extra dollar on royal oak, the same stuff is inside that house brand value bag.

Pour the briquettes into the chimney starter, now tear the top 4 inches off the bag. The bag is 3 ply paper, separate the plys, wad them up, stick them in the bottom of the chimney lighter and light the paper with a wooden match.

This method utilizes the bag paper as starter fuel, eliminates a trip to the garbage can when the charcoal is all used up because the paper should be re torn and utilized as you make your way to the bottom of the bag.

The wooden match connects you to your forefathers. There is a tiny spark of fulfillment that comes with striking a wooden match, it's important.

Soap welders, please fill this bank of knowledge.

Donate them to your local tire repair shop. We used all of our little pieces of soap to lubricate tires before we put them on a wheel. Everyone who worked in the shop dropped the pieces into a couple of different coffee cans that always had some water I them. It works great.

kwg

I like that.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Point of order please:

Real men use brake clean and a wire brush.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mart
Wielder of bar soap and bar soap welder here. I even use bar soap for shaving cream.

Same here! I haven't used canned shaving cream in over 20 years.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm no badger.

Had some f'n bolts that kept workin loose.

Couldn't figure out why.

Soap-welded a solution:

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,872
Posts18,518,060
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.