Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 79 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 78 79
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
What do you think about this ?
https://youtu.be/6ahVF-UZrIc
A piece of horse manure almost as stupid as AGW.
http://apologetics-notes.comereason.org/2015/02/how-to-quickly-debunk-horus-jesus-myth.html

Politics is War by Other Means

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Dre
A piece of horse manure almost as stupid as AGW.
http://apologetics-notes.comereason.org/2015/02/how-to-quickly-debunk-horus-jesus-myth.html

Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by Dre

Some mathematical truth but the rest is bullshit

👍

I wonder how many here believe this nonsense about the sun being the Son of God proclaimed in Scripture.
I realize DRE didn’t make any claims to it being truth but he was just asking my opinion.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the record, I do not believe in any religion.
More of an evolution kind of a guy.

https://youtu.be/Ljt5iESYA7k

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Come on now if you’re going to quote me quote accurately

Where did I misquote you? And if I did I apologize.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There seem to be a lot of questions as to why this-r-that is/isn't in the Bible. Here is a decent little video.
Even better than the video is a small book called "Where We Got the Bible... Our Debt to the Catholic Church" by Graham.

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Bible-Debt-Catholic-Church/dp/0895557967

Seriously! That is the equivalent of saying because CNN said this it is true.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by K22
[quote=K22]

That is so not true. Books Mentioned in the Bible.

But have it your way.

I was agreeing with you that they are mentioned in scripture but that’s not the same as being equal with scripture.
What exactly is your argument that all 90 are equal?

I know I said I was not going to post anymore on this thread, but when you said
A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher but they were not canonized.
, it pretty much says well a few then, 3 books maybe in just in the OT. Actually most of the "lost books" are mentioned in the Bible and The Book of Enoch is quoted not only by Jude, but by Jesus also.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})

the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22). the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})

shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29) those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9})

"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24) Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).

Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28) I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})

Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})

between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26) by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})

In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})

that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36) the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})

the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14) all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})

Jude 1:14-15, quoting Enoch 1:9 {2:1} [1]

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

You say that all the "meat" you need is in the 66 books and no more is needed and I say that is a false teaching and one that comes from a 501C3 church where Jesus is no longer the head. The State is the head and the church can twist it any way they like but that fact still remains and if the State is the head then the body is NOT the body of Christ no more. How can that happen? By destroying the church and the body with lack of knowledge. The whole Book is needed to complete the picture that God painted just as a whole book of mathematics is needed. You start leaving out the small pieces of the picture the picture is no longer complete, then pretty soon bigger pieces are left out with sweet sounding propaganda stuff like "well they (and who is they really) didn't canonize those books. Once you can leave pieces of the picture out the picture looks strange, incomplete so now you can add your own pieces to make it "look" complete, but is it the true picture painted by God? And, here we have Jesus and the apostles quoting the Book of Enoch but the "church" says that book doesn't fit in our arrangement, no need to read it. Well ok fine, then those scriptures quoted from Enoch have no true meaning and eveyone needs to stop quoting them as though they came from Jesus. For instance, .........the Father judgeth no man, but hath commited all judgment unto the son....naw, toss that one out..................for every one that hath forsaken........shall inherit everlasting life................naw, not important toss it out too..............and on and on and on.

So the real question is this..............when the Head, Jesus, comes back for the body, the congregation, what congregation will he find? The one that cut off the head of Christ in leu of a bribe/tax exempt from the State or a body that forsook the love of money for truth and refused the 501C3 exemption? Oh, just so you know, under the Constitution the Church is already tax exempt, so falling for Lucifers 501C3 control form is a Satanic trap and renders the church to no effect.
From my studies I find that if you forsake Christ as the head of the body, your prayers and rituals are cast away and He hears you not, so why is the church crying "Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas."

Very simply answered--the Bible quotes non-canonical books as simply books. Paul quotes the poet Aratus in Acts 17 without intending to consider it Scripture. When the Bible quotes other Scriptures it typically refers to them as "it is written" "the Scripture says" "the Holy Ghost says" or uses the name of a "recognized prophet." It is illogical to assume that books should be included in the Bible that were never intended to be included nor were they recognized as Scripture by their contemporary audience. The inter-testamental books indicate there was no prophet in Israel at that time and the Jews considered those books by their own Jewish authors as a merely an uninspired record of history. Jesus affirms the Tanakh as the extent of the OT canon in Luke. He refers to the 3 divisions of and calls them all the Scriptures. In Matthew He gives a list of martyrs beginning with Abel and ending with Zechariah the son Barachias. Zechariah was not the last chronological martyr--rather he was the last martyr recorded in the last book of the Tanakh--2Chronicles.

What I have witnessed over and over again is that many times atheists and agnostics don't do their homework before they draw conclusions. It is akin to liberalism-simply equate it with enlightened thinking and no further intellectual honesty, critical thinking, or careful research needs to be employed.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 06/27/19.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
There are too many contradictions in the bible and between religions for all of their claims and beliefs to be true.
If one set of beliefs is true the others must logically be wrong, or all of them can be wrong, but everything that is believed to be true cannot be true no matter how sincere or adamant the believer.

You are correct in that direct contradictions cannot both be true--which means all religions cannot be equally true nor can agnosticism and atheism.

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
You say that all the "meat" you need is in the 66 books and no more is needed

This is what I said below. I didn't say that no more was needed, i said we"d never get to the end or to the totality of the meat that is contained inside the Old and New testaments in two lifetimes put together.
Thank you

Between the O T and the N T the meat therein will last you and I both a lifetime. I summit to you we’d never come to the end of that meat my brother! There is no need for me to search for Scripture elsewhere as I am perfectly satisfied with what’s there.

Last edited by Jahrs; 06/27/19.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
What I hear you saying is that within the old and New Testaments, you are considering that to be milk only and you need to find the beef in those 24 other non-canonized books that you at stating to be scripture?

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by K22
"Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ.

You say you love Christ can you tell me why you love him ?
Do these other 24 books talk of Christ, does Enoch talk of Christ in his book?

I understand that only fragments of Enochs writings were found?

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by K22
[quote=K22]

That is so not true. Books Mentioned in the Bible.

But have it your way.

I was agreeing with you that they are mentioned in scripture but that’s not the same as being equal with scripture.
What exactly is your argument that all 90 are equal?

I know I said I was not going to post anymore on this thread, but when you said
A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher but they were not canonized.
, it pretty much says well a few then, 3 books maybe in just in the OT. Actually most of the "lost books" are mentioned in the Bible and The Book of Enoch is quoted not only by Jude, but by Jesus also.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5) The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 {6:9})

the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22). the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 {68:39})

shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29) those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 {40:9})

"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24) Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 {93:7}).

Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28) I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 {105:26})

Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24) Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 {38:2})

between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26) by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11{22:10,12})

In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2) In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 {45:3})

that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36) the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 {105: 25})

the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14) all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 {48:1})

Jude 1:14-15, quoting Enoch 1:9 {2:1} [1]

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

You say that all the "meat" you need is in the 66 books and no more is needed and I say that is a false teaching and one that comes from a 501C3 church where Jesus is no longer the head. The State is the head and the church can twist it any way they like but that fact still remains and if the State is the head then the body is NOT the body of Christ no more. How can that happen? By destroying the church and the body with lack of knowledge. The whole Book is needed to complete the picture that God painted just as a whole book of mathematics is needed. You start leaving out the small pieces of the picture the picture is no longer complete, then pretty soon bigger pieces are left out with sweet sounding propaganda stuff like "well they (and who is they really) didn't canonize those books. Once you can leave pieces of the picture out the picture looks strange, incomplete so now you can add your own pieces to make it "look" complete, but is it the true picture painted by God? And, here we have Jesus and the apostles quoting the Book of Enoch but the "church" says that book doesn't fit in our arrangement, no need to read it. Well ok fine, then those scriptures quoted from Enoch have no true meaning and eveyone needs to stop quoting them as though they came from Jesus. For instance, .........the Father judgeth no man, but hath commited all judgment unto the son....naw, toss that one out..................for every one that hath forsaken........shall inherit everlasting life................naw, not important toss it out too..............and on and on and on.

So the real question is this..............when the Head, Jesus, comes back for the body, the congregation, what congregation will he find? The one that cut off the head of Christ in leu of a bribe/tax exempt from the State or a body that forsook the love of money for truth and refused the 501C3 exemption? Oh, just so you know, under the Constitution the Church is already tax exempt, so falling for Lucifers 501C3 control form is a Satanic trap and renders the church to no effect.
From my studies I find that if you forsake Christ as the head of the body, your prayers and rituals are cast away and He hears you not, so why is the church crying "Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas."

Very simply answered--the Bible quotes non-canonical books as simply books. Paul quotes the poet Aratus in Acts 17 without intending to consider it Scripture. When the Bible quotes other Scriptures it typically refers to them as "it is written" "the Scripture says" "the Holy Ghost says" or uses the name of a "recognized prophet." It is illogical to assume that books should be included in the Bible that were never intended to be included nor were they recognized as Scripture by their contemporary audience. The inter-testamental books indicate there was no prophet in Israel at that time and the Jews considered those books by their own Jewish authors as a merely an uninspired record of history. Jesus affirms the Tanakh as the extent of the OT canon in Luke. He refers to the 3 divisions of and calls them all the Scriptures. In Matthew He gives a list of martyrs beginning with Abel and ending with Zechariah the son Barachias. Zechariah was not the last chronological martyr--rather he was the last martyr recorded in the last book of the Tanakh--2Chronicles.

What I have witnessed over and over again is that many times atheists and agnostics don't do their homework before they draw conclusions. It is akin to liberalism-simply equate it with enlightened thinking and no further intellectual honesty, critical thinking, or careful research needs to be employed.

What you are looks very much like a corporate institutional programming. Many of the early church fathers recognized that those books should be included with the 66 books. And Enoch was at the forefront. Is it not written in the book of ____ , would that not be the same as, it is written? Having Christ quote many scriptures from a book would or should be enough reason to research I would think.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
You say that all the "meat" you need is in the 66 books and no more is needed

This is what I said below. I didn't say that no more was needed, i said we"d never get to the end or to the totality of the meat that is contained inside the Old and New testaments in two lifetimes put together.
Thank you

Between the O T and the N T the meat therein will last you and I both a lifetime. I summit to you we’d never come to the end of that meat my brother! There is no need for me to search for Scripture elsewhere as I am perfectly satisfied with what’s there.

It appears that I not only quoted you correct, but also your thoughts that the other books are not needed.
Any Holy Bible that you want to use as long as there are 66 boks in it.

Not 65 books or 105 books, but 66 books.

So here I am in a debate concerning books I have read and studied while those debating against me have not read nor studied them. That makes me a fool for debating and those debating against it not having read nor studied them foolish. This is going nowhere.
I offer my blessings to you and hope you fair well.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT
There are too many contradictions in the bible and between religions for all of their claims and beliefs to be true.
If one set of beliefs is true the others must logically be wrong, or all of them can be wrong, but everything that is believed to be true cannot be true no matter how sincere or adamant the believer.

You are correct in that direct contradictions cannot both be true--which means all religions cannot be equally true nor can agnosticism and atheism.

Atheism is neither a fixed position or a belief. It is a lack of conviction or belief in the existence of a God or gods based on a lack of evidence to support a justified conviction in their existence.....nobody argues over the existence of the World, the sun, stars, moon, etc.....it is about justification through evidence. Evidence is not something that this or that Holy Book happens to say is true.

Last edited by DBT; 06/27/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by K22

A few of the books that you mentioned are quoted in the Old Testament like the book of Enoch and the book of Jasher
but they were not canonized.

, it pretty much says well a few then, 3 books maybe in just in the OT. Actually most of the "lost books" are mentioned in the Bible
and The Book of Enoch is quoted not only by Jude, but by Jesus also..

Originally Posted by K22
Having Christ quote many scriptures from a book would or should be enough reason to research I would think.

Worth mention by Jesus , but not considered worthy of inclusion by church leaders.

I wonder who Christians should trust?.. wink

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

List your favorite three or four "contradictions in the bible," please.

Originally Posted by DBT

Excellent observation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Atheism is neither a fixed position or a belief. It is a lack of conviction or belief in the existence of a God or gods based on a lack of evidence to support a justified conviction in their existence.....nobody argues over the existence of the World, the sun, stars, moon, etc.....it is about justification through evidence. Evidence is not something that this or that Holy Book happens to say is true.

This is erroneous simply because you are making a bold generalization. For some it is definitely a fixed position due to their nearly unshakable beliefs. They believe in spite of available information.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
"Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ.

You say you love Christ can you tell me why you love him ?

LOL! laugh laugh

Do You Confess

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[/quote]What you are looks very much like a corporate institutional programming. Many of the early church fathers recognized that those books should be included with the 66 books. And Enoch was at the forefront. Is it not written in the book of ____ , would that not be the same as, it is written? Having Christ quote many scriptures from a book would or should be enough reason to research I would think.[quote]

So if Enoch is at the forefront of your position, let's consider it:
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

This is the one reference to Enoch's prophecies in the Bible. Now let's keep in mind that neither Enoch nor his contemporaries had alphabetic writing and so his prophecies would not have been recorded in a book that he wrote. This was an oral prophecy that was preserved by tradition among the Jews. The Jews never recognized a book of Enoch in their canon. Jude does not reference any "book of Enoch" but rather an oral tradition that recorded a prophecy of Enoch that was accurate. Moses wrote the first books of the Bible and included a narrative about Enoch but did not make any mention of a collection his prophecies or writings (hieroglyphics). Every early Bible character is recorded by Moses along with their sayings that became part of the Biblical record. What Jude is trying to establish is, not that Enoch's prophecies should be in the inspired canon, but rather just like Enoch foresaw the judgment of God coming upon the wicked--first in the flood and then at the end of the world, likewise Jude is also bearing witness to the same message. Jude is saying there is a consistent testimony from the advent of evil to the end of the age that wickedness will be ultimately judged by God. Jude is confirming the truth of Enoch's oral prophecy that was preserved.

Jesus confirmed the the extent of the OT canon of the Hebrew Tanakh, as I previously explained. Paul in Romans also indicates that to the Jews were committed the oracles of God. So the NT affirms the OT Jewish Tanakh as the OT canon as preserved by the Jews. The OT canon was settled before Jesus even came to earth. He said that every jot and tittle of it would be fulfilled--this is a clear reference to the Hebrew canon as the Greek alphabet does not have jots or tittles.

Next I want to note the Biblical principle that the truth of the Lord endures to all generations (Psa 100:5) The text of Enoch, though cited from throughout history has been lost to most of the Christian world for centuries at a time whereas the Biblical canon has always been preserved for every generation according to God's promise. The canonical books have never disappeared from human history.

Next I want to note that the Bible's quotation of Enoch's prophecy is not the same as the writings in the alleged book of Enoch.

Enoch 1:9
. . . Behold, he will arrive with ten million of the holy ones in order to execute judgment upon all. He will destroy the wicked ones and censure all flesh on account of everything that they have done, that which the sinners and the wicked ones committed against him.

The Bible says to "execute judgment and convince/convict" ... the book of Enoch says "destroy" ... while the meaning is similar the wording is clearly different, indicating that Jude was quoting from an original prophecy and not the book of Enoch per se. In the NT quotes of the OT there is some variation also, but if the NT citation is not following the Hebrew text it is following the Greek Septuagint text.
There are other significant differences such as where Jude says, “harsh things/hard speeches” but Enoch does not. Jude says, “spoken against” but Enoch says, “committed against him.” A comparison of the two passages from Greek texts reveal that the Greek text of Jude has 29 words but the text of the book of Enoch as translated by R. H. Charles has 36 words.

The Book of Enoch also fails the doctrinal truth test of Scripture:
A major theme in 1 Enoch is sinful angels taking human wives (e.g., 1 Enoch 6:2, 7:1, 12:4, 106:14, etc.). This is in direct contradiction to the words of the Word, Jesus Christ, who in Matthew 22:29-30, Jesus said, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God…they neither marry nor are given in marriage…like the angels…” (see also Mark 12:24-25, Luke 20:34-36). The "sons of God" in Genesis 6 are not fallen angles, because fallen angels are never referred to in Scripture as "sons of God" but rather demons.

Another consideration is that some of the observed narratives actually occur after the life of Enoch--meaning Enoch could not have been the author of those narratives. For example, Abraham did not write his own narratives in Genesis, but rather Moses did later as they were preserved by oral traditions. Therefore Enoch could not have been the author of this whole book which as a book was of much later origins than Enoch. Jude simply quotes a real saying of Enoch as originally prophesied and preserved by Jewish tradition and is not endorsing the book of Enoch.

Finally I will note, that although this book in some form was cited and and revered by some early Church writers, it was not included in any Jewish canon or any widely recognized Christian Bible. It is largely the Ethiopian church which have canonized this book on their own.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

So if it is not a fixed belief, then it also means that you are quite uncertain in your own lack of conviction ... or do you firmly believe in your doubts? But this would make it a fixed belief! If you are looking for evidence you would not look to your doubts and uncertainty, you would look to the facts, the truth, and the internal and external witnesses of it. The Bible has plenty of internal and external witnesses - but if you prefer uncertainty you will likely remain in atheism or agnosticism (which literally means without knowledge). Check out the meaning of the word "agnostic" in Latin--you might find it surprising, becuase in the end most atheists are also agnostics.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"They'll no' get him a' in a book I think
Though they write it cunningly;"

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 7 of 79 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (1_deuce, 673, 3333vl, 450yukon, 264mag, 805, 21 invisible), 2,023 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,889
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.