Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I went back to a strict low carb diet in April.
I've lost over 20 lbs and feel so much better.
I'm never going back.

Wow! Twenty pounds since start of April. That's quite an achievement. Congrats.

What sorts of food did you eat and not eat?

Stay away from carbs, sugar and processed foods and you'll lose weight. after my heart episode in January I lost 20 lbs the first month and didn't go hungry once. In total since Jan. I've lost 35 lbs but now I lose about a pound or two a week, I do no exercise except for what I get at work, it's all in the foods I eat.

lots of fruit, vegi's and chicken, beef twice a week, Culver's once a month.

The other thing is I'm not always hungry like I used to be.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting this RHC. We are about the same age, and I aspire to get where you are at one day soon. Lord knows I need to make a change. Thanks for the info and inspiration.
Tall

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tttop

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
267 on 4/1/17 with 9% A1C, diagnosed with diabetes and focused on Keto.

222 on 8/1/19, quite Metformin and Lisinopril about 5 weeks ago, fasting blood glucose was 96 this evening.

Dave

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
tag

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
WOW! That's me. I had to relist here and lost my old post count. I'm about to be 55 and weigh 200 lbs right now. I'm trying to get back to my best at 180 lbs. I got to feeling so good there for a while that I gave myself a double hernia. Had surgery 7 weeks ago and back to cycling now.

Not meaning to toot my own horn here. I'm hoping someone else as fat and miserable as I was back then will get encouraged enough to do something about it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
59 and 185# fully clothed, just a smidge under 6 ft.
Need to lose 5 #.

Last couple yrs bread has gotten to where i cant stand the smell of it. Soda, too sweet, cant do the Dew anymore. I had about 12 oz of soda in 8 hrs.

My job has me hustling, lifting for several hours a day. Gets me sweatin a little, and heart rate up. Not like running or hard work, but it keeps the pounds off.

If i stay away from junk food at work.

Job will kill me in other ways.

Most ive ever weighed was IIRC 193.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/17/23.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I am about convinced. I quit sugar,bread,grains,rice,pasta, potatoes and any and all processed foods last August and I have aged backwards at least 25 years so far,if I went by how I feel.

I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51. I was wearing a 48/32 Jeans and 4XL shirts. I now wear 32/32 jeans and a medium shirt.

I have been doing calisthenics training for a few months,watching Chris Heria on Youtube . It's made a huge difference. I intermittent fast now,and my energy is through the roof. I actually do feel 25 again in every area.

I'm putting this out there for any of you older guys that want to feel great and young again. Sugar is a liver toxin. The info is available if you want to stop eating poison and get your health back again. I thought I was old and sick. It turned out I was just fat and poisoned.
Yep. I've gone that way a few times (Atkins, Caveman), and felt the same. I find it hard to stick with for more than a couple years, though.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
A medium shirt at 200.lbs? How tall?
Hell a large across most brands is too clingy on me.
Been an XL loose kinda guy since I was in my 30s at 170#.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/17/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I am about convinced. I quit sugar,bread,grains,rice,pasta, potatoes and any and all processed foods last August and I have aged backwards at least 25 years so far,if I went by how I feel.

I was 330 lbs a year ago May 7 when I turned 50. I now weigh 208 at 51. I was wearing a 48/32 Jeans and 4XL shirts. I now wear 32/32 jeans and a medium shirt.

I have been doing calisthenics training for a few months,watching Chris Heria on Youtube . It's made a huge difference. I intermittent fast now,and my energy is through the roof. I actually do feel 25 again in every area.

I'm putting this out there for any of you older guys that want to feel great and young again. Sugar is a liver toxin. The info is available if you want to stop eating poison and get your health back again. I thought I was old and sick. It turned out I was just fat and poisoned.
Yep. I've gone that way a few times (Atkins, Caveman), and felt the same. I find it hard to stick with for more than a couple years, though.

I'm weak too. Covid destroyed the world and I had a hard time finding out what was wrong with me when I first got the hernias. It was a rough time and I got to drinking way too much red wine. I couldn't exercise for the pain, and I put on this 20 lbs over my most fit weight.

I've cut back on drinking now and just about convinced myself to quit completely.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hookeye
A medium shirt at 200.lbs? How tall?
Hell a large across most brands is too clingy on me.
Been an XL loose kinda guy since I was in my 30s at 170#.

6' 2" tall. I got to 170 when I was averaging 100 miles a week on my mountain bike. I was a bean pole though with saggy belly skin. I put on some muscle and liked 180 best.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’d say the devil is sugar AND eating to much of anything, lack of exercise.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dont experience hunger.
Just know i have to eat or Ill get a headache.
Not tied to social ritual of eating either.
Proly why i havent had problems.

Seen folks that have a lifestyle about dinners. Buddy that way

He got BIG. On lots of meds, contributed to other issues, whicj did not get resolved by surgery. Now hes in very bad shape.
And my age.

Pharma let him.get away w a crappy lifestyle but it eventually caught up w him.
Sad, hes a great guy.

IMHO ya gotta keep the pounds off and keep moving.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Carb awareness, portion control and exercise are the winning formula in my case. I'm in the gym 3x/week and walk a mile every day with a 2-3 mile walk a couple times a week. So far I've lost 70# + and feel great, B/P and a1c are well controlled and mitral prolapse has remedied itself on my last echocardiogram the cardiologist could find no evidence of it. I'm within 7# of reaching my goal weight which is what I weighed when I got married 36 years ago. All accomplished with subtle diet changes guided by dieticians and my doctors. Nearing 74 years of age I'm in the best shape I've been in many years, my dad followed much the same protocol and lived to be 89.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,092 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.