Hop To
Page 42 of 79 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 78 79
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Im talking about Satans minion, AS.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He'll take all the minions he can get. Minions, evil spirits, are sneaky but when discovered (early anyway) are easy to get rid of. Something along the lines of, "In the name of Jesus Christ begone!" Then figure out which door you opened to let him in and close it, lock it, and throw away the key. And be on guard because they don't give up.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Im talking about Satans minion, AS.

According to the story, Satan does the will of god, the role he was created for in this little biblical drama...as the verses clearly state, God Himself being the Author of Evil.

Last edited by DBT; 07/08/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh now there's a whopping big pile of BS.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Not so. It is not me making the claim, but the Bible that tells us that God created evil. The verses are there for anyone to see and read. I have quoted some of these verses in this thread.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Thunderstick

The Bible shows scientific knowledge beyond what the writers knew themselves:
Isa. 40: 22 It is he who sits above the "circle" of the earth,

Circles are flat.

The circle is flat plane two dimensional , how Christians perceive it
as a three dimensional sphere is beyond sound rational minds.

In an exam a person would marked wrong if they identified a sphere as just a circle.
to be that stupid one would have to totally ignore overwheliing worldly evidence of the difference.

Originally Posted by DBT

the Bible that tells us that God created evil. The verses are there for anyone to see and read.

christians are often highly selective as to what they believe in the Bible.

Ive found some have got rather angry and go into denial when some dare to quote the words
of God from - Asaiah 45:7 KJV
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

So far we have a God that:

has total dominion over conditions in a burning hell.
creates evil
empowers Satan
directs Satan to do wicked things.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Seems to me He needs to kill a whole lot more. I would.

A sinner is a Satan serving enemy of God, so the chances of your perfect God thinking the same as you are rather remote.

all the cHristians here on the campfire are sick weak and lost transgressor individuals that are in dire need
of a 24hr/365 days year spiritual shepherd and physician..Essentially your God deems you as wicked disobedient helpless scatterbrains.
though your own egos like to tell yourselves and others different.

hence the likes of you , TF49, etc ...saying you have the 'truth' or are the 'guiding light' is cringe worthy...
you are not the kind anyone should be taking any advice from in 'finding God'

When your types start serving God [rather than being his wicked enemy] and are able set a righteous God worthy example ,
come back and talk to us.

something for you to consider - even Satan has been invited by God to heavenly realms, while your trash asses
are still on the outer,- have never even got a look- in.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So we're all dead and the Campfire is hell? What does that make Rick? laugh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman

Seems to me He needs to kill a whole lot more. I would.

A sinner is a Satan serving enemy of God, so the chances of your perfect God thinking the same as you are rather remote..

Duh, ya think? smirk

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Language translation?

Question: "Why does Acts 9:7 say that those traveling with Paul heard a voice, but Acts 22:9 says that they heard no voice?"

Answer: As Paul relates his conversion experience to an audience in Jerusalem, he says, “They that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me” (Acts 22:9, KJV).

However, Luke, in relating the same event, says, “The men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man” (Acts 9:7, KJV).

So, which is it? Paul says “they heard not the voice,” and Luke says they were “hearing a voice.”

First of all, the word for “voice” in these verses is the Greek word phone, which means “a sound, a tone, a speech, a voice, or a natural sound.” With such a wide-ranging definition, the context must determine the most accurate meaning of the word. Most commonly, phone is applied to a voice from God, a human, or an angel. However, phone can also refer to sounds in general. It is translated “sound” in John 3:8, “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound. . . .” Paul uses the word to refer to the “sound” of a trumpet in 1 Corinthians 14:8.

The flexibility of phone is quite evident in Revelation 1:15, “His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice [phone] was like the sound [phone] of rushing waters.” Here, the identical Greek word is translated two different ways.

These examples illustrate how confusion can arise in the comparison of Acts 9 with Acts 22. Paul heard a voice as Jesus communicated directly with him. The men with Paul heard the voice speaking to Paul but, to them, it was just an unintelligible sound. Did they hear the voice? Yes, in the sense that they heard something. But, since they could not understand what the voice said, it was nothing more than a sound—in other words, they couldn’t really “hear” Jesus.

The ESV clears up the seeming contradiction nicely: “Those who were with me saw the light but did not understand the voice of the one who was speaking to me” (Acts 22:9). And, “They heard the sound but did not see anyone” (Acts 9:7). Not understanding the voice—but hearing the sound—is a good description of what happened.

Correct and we use this type of terminology all the time today. We say we heard something when we hear a noise, but when we hear a noise and cannot discern the speech we say we cannot hear the person. Again its the application of context and common sense.

Sloppy reporting at best. As written, it is an undeniably contradictory account of an event that was most probably an epileptic seizure. In both instances, being open to interpretation and needing explanation, the interpretation made by those who already have a conclusion, already believe, is skewed in favour of faith rather than reason or probability.

Actually it was quite a simple explanation. No seizures needed.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Malachi 4:1

"Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming
will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty. " Not a root or a branch will be left to them."

Wow imagine that ...God says there will be nothing remaining of the transgressor.

how does one torture and torment forever what has been totally destroyed and amounts to nothing?

If one has been turned to spent ash of no worth or value, then what actually remains that can continue to burn for eternity?
its easy to see that there is an actual end to the burning/consumption process for sinners.

However, nowhere does it say the devil , false profit and Beast will be turned to ASH, because their fate ( Rev20:10) is described
as different and very specific (ie; tormented forever).

It is beyond the scope of this thread to discuss the Biblical concepts of hell and torment vs annihilation ... I will simply say that you often are not distinguishing between body, soul, and spirit in your interpretations and applications of passages. As a starting primer consider that Jesus' body laid in the grave, His spirit went to God--"into they hands I commend my spirit," and His soul went to Hades (thou wilt not leave my soul in hell) to preach to the spirits in prison as the scriptures testify.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Gus
AFAIC for myself id just as soon you go to hell. Im still rooting for you to see the light and be saved because of Him. He doesnt want the devil to win and get you and subject you to the misery all of us deserve.

The docs may say youre gonna die, but its your choice. He says you can live forever and never truly die.

Whats it cost you to ask Christ to come into your heart and make you a believer? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You dont have to give up smoking, drinking or cussin and you prolly already gave up the good stuff.

All you then gotta do is ask Him to forgive your sorry sinning hide and mean you are sorry for having done it your way.

Good fortune and God bless as your needs may be.

jag, i can sense that you truly believe that the greek & egyptian ideology did not dilute or change the hebrew theology.

others disagree. but the many who walk among us buy into the greek & egyptian dilution. the age of the intellect, the ego, and reasoning.

and perhaps they are correct. possibly overall it would be better for the rank & file if it turned out they are correct.

in the final summation, those who helped gain success are rewarded, those who didn't help such achievement are punished?

Yup it's another skeptic's illusion that leads to revisionist history. People like the ideas of novel concepts even if they cannot be substantiated with the facts. The ancient pagans of the world and the Jews/Christians understood their areas of commonality and stark differences. However, the Jews and Christians never borrowed from paganism for their scriptures--and their scriptures warned against that.The greatest proof of this is the complete rejection of polytheism and its practices.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

In my reading of what I consider the best evidence available, I believe the local presentations of the universe is about 13.7 billion years old. the earths around 4.5 billion years old, and modern mans been around for 100,000 to 250,000 years.

What do you thinks closer, the numbers I proposed above, or those proposed by Bishop Ussher with all three created around 6,000 years ago?

The beginning of Genesis indicates that there was a chaotic mass of water and earth before the literal 6 day creation began. Based on this there can be a lot of geological evidence from before the start of creation of the world as we know it today, that still bears evidence. Additionally creation called all the waters into ONE place for the dry land to appear- more catastrophic geological evidence. There is also the evidence for the tectonic plate shift and divisions of the earth and divided bodies of water in the days of Peleg--more catastrophic geological evidence. The breakup of the Pangaea explains a lot. These are 3 major sources of geology outside of Noah's flood. Any time there is a major geological catastrophic event radiometric dating is skewed because it accomplishes in a short time what otherwise would take millions of years to produce. So I am saying a couple things regarding geology:
1. the pre-existing creation matter of earth and water could bear witness to millions of years
2. the 4 catastrophic geological events recorded in scripture will skew radiometric dating significantly and in this case the geology will be much younger than carbon dating would show
3. the creation and biology of the earth as recorded in Genesis is young

So in short I believe in a young literal 6 day creation that was based on a pre-existing geology of earth and water as the Bible describes. I am simply taking the Bible for what it says and I see no conflict between it and the concrete evidence of science. Radiometric dating is based on uniformitarianism which is a purely speculative and inaccurate assumption when applied to time that lapses over catastrophic events.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/09/19.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[quote=Thunderstick

Pythagoras speculated but it wasn't recognized as proven till the 2-3rd century. Isaiah recorded it as fact long before that.[/quote]

It is fact that the authorship and when Isaiah was written remains controversial. That you would cite Isaiah recording the earth as 'spherical' previous to Pythagoras without acknowledging the scholarship behind questioning when the book of Isaiah was written is plainly disingenuous.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by carbon12
[quote=Thunderstick

Greeks know the earth was spherical at least as early as the 5th century BC if not 100 years before that.
Pythagoras speculated but it wasn't recognized as proven till the 2-3rd century. Isaiah recorded it as fact long before that.

It is fact that the authorship and when Isaiah was written remains controversial. That you would cite Isaiah recording the earth as 'spherical' previous to Pythagoras without acknowledging the scholarship behind questioning when the book of Isaiah was written is plainly disingenuous.

No sir it is not--the skeptics create unproven speculations and then they assume that we should honor those unproven speculations--won't happen here. At a minimum Isaiah predates Cyrus because both Daniel and Isaiah prophesied of the rise of Persia and the destruction of Babylon before they occurred. A prophecy wouldn't get much credibility if it was written after the event--it's inspiration would be rejected outright by the Jews.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

The Bible shows scientific knowledge beyond what the writers knew themselves:
Isa. 40: 22 It is he who sits above the "circle" of the earth,

Circles are flat.

The circle is flat plane two dimensional , how Christians perceive it
as a three dimensional sphere is beyond sound rational minds.

In an exam a person would marked wrong if they identified a sphere as just a circle.
to be that stupid one would have to totally ignore overwheliing worldly evidence of the difference.

Originally Posted by DBT

the Bible that tells us that God created evil. The verses are there for anyone to see and read.

christians are often highly selective as to what they believe in the Bible.

Ive found some have got rather angry and go into denial when some dare to quote the words
of God from - Asaiah 45:7 KJV
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

So far we have a God that:

has total dominion over conditions in a burning hell.
creates evil
empowers Satan
directs Satan to do wicked things.

Have you missed that the Hebrew word can be translated circle or sphere or that the ancient Vulgate translation used sphere in this passage?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by carbon12
[quote=Thunderstick

Greeks know the earth was spherical at least as early as the 5th century BC if not 100 years before that.
Pythagoras speculated but it wasn't recognized as proven till the 2-3rd century. Isaiah recorded it as fact long before that.

No sir it is not--the skeptics create unproven speculations and then they assume that we should honor those unproven speculations--won't happen here. At a minimum Isaiah predates Cyrus because both Daniel and Isaiah prophesied of the rise of Persia and the destruction of Babylon before they occurred. A prophecy wouldn't get much credibility if it was written after the event--it's inspiration would be rejected outright by the Jews.

Circular logic is not helping support your claims on this thread.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by RickyD
Even easier. By definition God is not constrained by anything. Least of all someone's opinion of how he should act. We're interested in what our relationship with God actually is, not what we think it should be.

God is restrained in one thing: He is not man that He should lie or do anything wrong. The Lord is Righteous in all His ways and faithful in all He does.

How do you explain the atrocities in the OT?

What makes them atrocities?

By any standard of decency we have.

Is it considered fair and just to slaughter women and children, take the virgins as sex slaves?

This stuff doesn't come from any sort of God, it's just a reflection of the beliefs, attitudes and moral of the people who wrote their stories in their own time and place in history.

Which is why God had a makeover in new testament times, influence from Greek Philosophy, etc.....St Paul himself borrowing heavily from Greek philosophy from his time spent in Greece.

This was already addressed. Do you believe that the bombing of all citizens in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Berlin were immoral because the Axis powers refused to surrender under any terms? This was a much larger scale of indiscriminate destruction than the Canaanites who were given many opportunities and generations to reform before they were destroyed.

The NT makeover theory is logically unsustainable--the NT writers quoted the OT writers with no apologies--including the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by RickyD
Nothing existed before God, except God.

Is that so? What is this thing called 'God?' Does it have an appearance? A body? Is it invisible? Magical? A Cosmic Magician? Who has it right, the Hindus in the form of Brahman, the Muslims?

What are we talking about when the word 'God' is being used?

In Exodus 34: 6-7 this is who He says he is in part to and for those who believe: “And He (The Lord), passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, ‘The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.'”

That is just a start as to who He is. He is also omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent. And the Creator of all.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Circular logic is not helping your claims on this thread.

Explain how my reasoning is circular and your is not. I don't need to speculate a theory and then asked it to be recognized to sustain my position. I simply said it would be purely ludicrous to claim to be prophet and then write things after they occurred, especially in a Jewish culture that believed in prophets and tested their status by their accuracy. This is sound reasoning. You can't evade the fact that Isaiah predates Pythagoras. Even he was speculating--as the Greeks did not accept a spherical earth as fact till the 2-3rd centuries.

Page 42 of 79 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.