Hop To
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

But, got a 6x36 with LRD’s last summer for my lightweight “mountain rifle.”

I don't have one, but the fixed 6X seems to be pick of the litter for folks I respect.

Great light transmission, fewer parts to mess up, sleek, trim, light weight... What's not to like...

Objective bell on the 6x36 doesn't start to flair as quick as the 6x42, leaving a longer 1" tube for more flexible mounting options..

May need to get one.

DF

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
This doesn’t have anything to do with “Elmers” or “Flat Brimmers” or “diallers” or “Camo PJs”.....

It has everything to do with a company, Leupold, who ALL of us would like to see continue to be successful.

Unfortunately, rather than listen to this small segment of their customers.... they chose to tell us all that their schitt don’t stink.... when there is clearly a consensus, even among the set-and-forget crowd, that the adjustments are not nearly as precise as they should be.

They blamed us, the consumer for: improper focus of the scope, for our rings, for our bases, for our rifles.... then they stated they “don’t care about 100 yard discrepancies... only long range”. Deny, Deflect, Duck, Dodge.... anything but the truth.

They stated that only .0004% of their scopes actually ever needed any type of repair... ever. That seems an astronomically low number based on my experience.... and the experience related by many trusted folks involved in these threads.

They stated that “usually by the third time a scope is sent back for repair, it is repaired correctly”. Seriously.... the THIRD TIME?

They stated that turn around times on repairs was 1 week.... then just days later, when one of us actually needed a scope repaired.... it was at 4 weeks....

Fruddy busted this whole presentation with one scope... showing that it wouldn’t hold zero, and attempting to send it in for the 1-week turnaround.

I’ve got no hate for Leupold.... I still use a couple of their older Mark II/AR scopes... but I hate being lied to, and told I don’t know what I’m talking about, by a corporate dog and pony show.

Yup.

I was hoping to hear that thy would be willing to do things to "beef up" (they took that one and twisted it out of shape, didn't they?) the erectors and turrets and make them precise and reliable. Instead they pissed on our legs and told us it was raining. I am very disappointed they came at us with the BS. There's much to like about their products, but I don't think I like them enough to be taken for such a naive fool that would buy the snow job.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That show was so inept, 100 yard zero, finger pressures on erector, turn around time, failure rate BS, the guy on the right acting bored and then spinning the scope ala nightgorce you tube video, etc. It may be they knew they couldn't win with all the preloaded dissatisfaction here, that they just went on stage and did a stand up spoof. Essentially flipping the 24CF the bird.

As mentioned previously, I have little problem with using Leupold for my type of hunting and will continue to do so. But it would be hard to do a more non-professional presentation than what was presented. If they were proud of their effort and replies, why was it taken down so quickly?

Last edited by battue; 07/12/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They stated at the end that it would be up for 24 hours. One can understand why they wouldn’t leave it up in perpetuity.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I still think the possibility exists they may have been saying, "Screw you and the horse you rode in on."

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I didn’t follow it. Whatever their motivation, if the eye-ball perspectives of their intended audience was not good, they furthered the damage. Of course, corporately, they may not care.

Companies sometimes go the way of nations.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Gunaddict
I have had around 20 Leupold scopes sent back to Leupold to have the erector system replaced. I had Alan Ranson ( Head Of Leupold Technical Services) on speed dial. I had a couple of scopes sent in, and they said there was no issues found. I sold those scopes. I sent one scope off to Leupold 3 times to be fixed. The 3rd time they go it right. I talked to a tech and he said he would have throw the scope in the garbage. 1 month later I sent another scope in and they replaced the scope. I sent 2 Leupolds in last year and guess what, they replaced, the erector system on them. 2 percent failure ??????? I also to talked to the vice president of Leupold expressing my concerns. Alan said the tech that repairs your scope does matter. He gave me the name of a tech that he wanted my scopes to go too. It was a woman that repaired them after that, and I did not have to send the scope in several times to get fixed. And Alan would have them mount my scopes on their 300 Win Mag and shoot it and they would send me the target, with the scope.

That doesn't inspire confidence. It almost sounds like they have trouble finding competent help in the tech dept and tolerate subpar workmanship.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
I still think the possibility exists they may have been saying, "Screw you and the horse you rode in on."

That’s the shame of it all—to leave their audience thinking such, particularly when it comes from someone like Battue.

Not for nothing, but Battue is the guy who won the beautiful custom rifle built by Nathan Chesney of Hillbilly Custom Rifles in memory of BobinNH. The rifle came fitted with a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36, which Battue promptly swapped out for a Leupold...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
That doesn't inspire confidence. It almost sounds like they have trouble finding competent help in the tech dept and tolerate subpar workmanship.

Apparently, it takes more than “Lifestyle” ambassadorship to manufacture and service quality telescopic rifle sights.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kingston

Apparently, it takes more than “Lifestyle” ambassadorship to manufacture and service quality telescopic rifle sights.

And it seemed their PR department was lacking too.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Because as a habit whenever I'm shopping online for something I always type in the product and "sucks" or "crap" or "problems"

To see what other complaints are associated with that product.

So if I type in Leupold sucks/ Rooney eats it......

Hahaha!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Kinda funny
Couple of sock puppets show up just recently made for Leupold damage control and act like the assclowns from the presentation.

Need ta send em a butthurt report.

Funny as fugg how they showed up.
Might even be my good bud on here leupoldoptics in the sockpuppet parade also.

All those clowns did by making their post was prove leupold has a bunch of weasels in their company.
It is their culture.........

Lmfao!!!

Leupold Sucks....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[

Have you ever been to Oregon? probably 90% of the possible employee's cannot pass a drug test.... those two in the video are the cream of the crop

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Look on the Elk Hunting blog. Overwhelming bubbas use L scopes on open country elk rifles. Not I, said the Little Red Hen....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
[

Have you ever been to Oregon? probably 90% of the possible employee's cannot pass a drug test.... those two in the video are the cream of the crop

They could film a reality television show at PDX. The security lines are more entertaining than your local boat ramp.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
[

It ain't just Oregon trust me. It's hard to find good/competent help in NY too. About 7 of 10 applicants here can't pass a criminal background check. Beyond that, most non union, non government contract manufacturing jobs expect to find skilled workers/craftsmen for burger flipper pay these days. This is doubly true in the firearms industry and likely in optics too. Ain't likely to keep good, competent, skilled craftsmen for long when they can make more money delivering potato chips.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is Frito-Lay hiring?....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny part is those Leupold assclowns don't realize we are on our best behavior.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny part is those Leupold assclowns don't realize we are were on our best behavior.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Funny part is those Leupold assclowns don't realize we are were on our best behavior.....

Whew... I though fo sho I was gonna get another grammar/spellin edjucation.......

Yep like a Big Stick thread thing's are revin up.... hahahaha

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 35WhelenNut, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 25 invisible), 2,863 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,649
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.