Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Battery powered devices are definitely on the increase. So far I have a cordless Toro weed eater that works as well as anything I've tried. As mentioned previously, I also have a 58V Echo cordless chainsaw with a 16" bar.

The chainsaw is a high quality unit and it does a very good job. I've done a lot of cutting with it. So far I've taken down 6 fairly good sized trees with it. The biggest one was about 40' tall and measured 22" in diameter close to the ground. I've got a lot more to do with it in the fall.

I think the cordless electric chainsaws are going to start taking a big piece of the home owner chainsaw market very soon. They're just so convenient to use that it's hard to think about buying a gas chainsaw after you spend some time with one,..and they're improving them every year.

The only downside is, the high quality cordless chainsaws are fairly pricey.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
And lame. Thats also a downside.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
If it don't sound like a Harley, Harley guys aren't gonna give two schits about it..

Owning a Harley is all about "look at me and hear me roar".

They are going to need to develop an entire new customer base, good luck with that.

I am not a rider and I don't think much of it, looks like something the village people would ride.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
And lame. Thats also a downside.

2 stroke gas engines are the bane of mankind. If Honda ever makes a chainsaw with one of its hot revvin' little 4 stroke motors, I might be willing to buy one.

But I won't do 2 stroke gas motors.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Personally, I did not like the little 4 stroke Honda motors I have had.

Talking about the tiny ones on a trimmer or something.

WAY less reliable than my two strokes.

We schit canned all of them on the farm and went with Stihl 4 mix engines.

Wery goood!

We must be getting around different engines.......my two strokes are boringly reliable.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Electric Harley will never be a real Harley.

No chit, if it don't look like a Harley, don't sound like a Harley, it just isn't a Harley!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ftbt
but I have always admired them and their sound

So how does this electric one sound?

"Loud pipes save lives" and all that...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

In your case it would probably sound like a "Big John Super-slim" so you will feel at home.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
...They can't just ride the HD name any longer...

Nonsense. They can and they will continue to ride one of the biggest names in motorcycles.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I’m not a biker but I want to know is how are they gonna make it sound like a Harley? Are they going to put baseball cards in the spokes or what? 😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I’m not a biker but I want to know is how are they gonna make it sound like a Harley? Are they going to put baseball cards in the spokes or what? 😮

Simple enough, hang a tin of rocks from the rear and a point of oil at the bottom (with a hole in it).

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I spent the better part (literally) of my younger years on motorcycles and have zero interest in any of them now, whether electric or gas. I've also owned electric cars for the past 5 or so years and have no idea why anyone would want an electric motorcycle. The instant torque of electric vehicles is a lot of fun with four wheels but on two, it's probably going to give new life to the idea that motorcyclists are organ donors. Of all the things I ever complained about when riding, needing more torque was at the bottom of the list. So you get a lot more of what you don't need, a lot less of what you want (easy and fast refueling anywhere, badass noises) for a lot more money.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Harley Davidson is clutching at straws trying to stay relevant.

I've owned a couple of Harleys and I liked them just fine. But I think the big retro cruiser popularity has passed.

I don't think electric motorcycles are the path back for HD.

I have a friend here that just put some huge money into a new Harley Shop, it's 44,000 sq.ft. and gorgeous. I don't really get it, people must come from out of town to buy bikes from him, our community hosts a population of 3100 people.
What I see moving out of his store in droves is the HD three wheeler's, gray hair on every rider. It's like Harley is catering to and following their customer base right to the grave.

HD's seem to spend a fair amount of time in the shop. My son bought a '06 or '08 Sportster from a HD dealer about 3 years ago. Spent more time in the shop than ridden the first year, brakes, clutch, idling problems. Still has idling problems especially when cold and has an electrical glitch that will kill the battery if not driven for a few days. Not impressed with reliability. Reviews mention reliability as the number one problem with HD.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the electric dirt bikes are totally badassed.
I've used dirt bikes for years to access forest service roads that have kelly humps and gates in the way when hunting.. A silent dirt bike? you bet....

They have a taken a stronger hold in the UK than here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Harley Davidson is clutching at straws trying to stay relevant.

I've owned a couple of Harleys and I liked them just fine. But I think the big retro cruiser popularity has passed.

I don't think electric motorcycles are the path back for HD.

I have a friend here that just put some huge money into a new Harley Shop, it's 44,000 sq.ft. and gorgeous. I don't really get it, people must come from out of town to buy bikes from him, our community hosts a population of 3100 people.
What I see moving out of his store in droves is the HD three wheeler's, gray hair on every rider. It's like Harley is catering to and following their customer base right to the grave.

https://wqad.com/2014/08/08/sterlin...harley-davidson-themed-caskets-and-urns/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/337488565807548682/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Simple enough, hang a tin of rocks from the rear and a point of oil at the bottom (with a hole in it).

Gotta have the leaking oil option to "keep it real" laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If it don't sound like a Harley, Harley guys aren't gonna give two schits about it..

Owning a Harley is all about "look at me and hear me roar".

They are going to need to develop an entire new customer base, good luck with that.

Perzactly. Hardcore Harley riders are uniformly afflicted with the "notice me" syndrome and buy HD's precisely BECAUSE they're loud. By pandering to the "green" crowd, who have little interest in riding motorcycles, Harley will only succeed in alienating its existing client base. Brilliant marketing strategy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

You'll be able to hear your passenger on a electric Harley too.

It'll open a whole new market for biker babe attire...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They have a taken a stronger hold in the UK than here...

Probably because it's quite a small country and if they can hear your dirtbikes you can be sure there will be someone complaining about the noise and pollution and damage and wanting to stop you riding.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

You'll be able to hear your passenger on a electric Harley too.

It'll open a whole new market for biker babe attire...

[Linked Image]

Laughing!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,834
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.