Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Buckman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Trying to find 30mm GLOSS rings and bases for my new model 70 is tuff. I've spend a ton of hours looking. trying to find dual dovetail, the base can be found but no rings in medium or high, anybody have a source? Thanks

GB1

B
Buckman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
And i'm open to other suggestions also as long as there Gloss.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Millet makes both the 30mm Med. and the 30mm High in gloss...They call it "Smooth Finish" Mediums are part # SR00005 and the Highs are part # SR00006 Ebay has them both. Search either Millet SR00005 or Millet SR00006 ... Hope this helps

Sorry,I think I mis-spoke. I believe these are Dovetail/Standard not dual Dovetail.

Last edited by rlp10ml; 06/21/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe an option for you is to buy the appropriate 30mm Matte rings and have them Gloss Blued....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would post you want to buy some on this forum in the classified. Keep the post fresh everyday until someone who has some views the posting.
Very likely if they where ever made someone here has a set.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Have you tried Conetrol? Another good suggestion mad e was just buy the appropriate rings/bases and then have them gloss blued

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see super highs on eBay, no luck on the high or mediums though.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Have you tried Conetrol? Another good suggestion mad e was just buy the appropriate rings/bases and then have them gloss blued

x2. S&K also make a gloss.

Last edited by horse1; 06/21/19.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Buckman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will call S&K on monday. Anyone ever have anything Duracoated? If so how good did it match blueing?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have no idea of the quality but Winchester has everything in matte or gloss. There is an item selector down the page where you can specify what your looking for.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/accessories/scope-mounts/model-70-integrated-bases.html

Last edited by Wp75169; 06/21/19.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Buckman
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will call S&K on monday. Anyone ever have anything Duracoated? If so how good did it match blueing?

It would be total garbage and not durable like bluing.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Have you called Leupold? They did a set for my dad years ago.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I do not like "silver" scope rings on any rifle. Therefore, I Duracoated a couple of sets of stainless Ruger factory rings matte black after grit blasting them. The coating is extremely durable if catalyzed properly and given 4 weeks to cure. They have a color that is supposed to match gloss blueing, but I have my doubts about how good. Also, I don't know what a "Duracoater" would charge to coat a set of rings, but if you did it yourself, it would still be expensive after buying the color just to coat one set of rings. RJ

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rj308
I do not like "silver" scope rings on any rifle. Therefore, I Duracoated a couple of sets of stainless Ruger factory rings matte black after grit blasting them. The coating is extremely durable if catalyzed properly and given 4 weeks to cure. They have a color that is supposed to match gloss blueing, but I have my doubts about how good. Also, I don't know what a "Duracoater" would charge to coat a set of rings, but if you did it yourself, it would still be expensive after buying the color just to coat one set of rings. RJ

Duracoat is one of the worst finish I have ever put on a rifle. I seriously doubt they would match a gloss blue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I ever do a pretty rifle again, I think I'll try regular QD Talleys, and get the peep sight too. Got a couple of Mausers with front sights that could put that to good use. They've got gloss, but I've never seen a set in person.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by rj308

Duracoat is one of the worst finish I have ever put on a rifle. I seriously doubt they would match a gloss blue.

Sample of one here. I have a 30-30 that I duracoated myself. I’ve beat the tar out of it, and it’s held up fantastic. However, I also have my doubts about matching gloss blue. On the other hand, my local gun shop has some scopes that they had cerakote put on in a gloss blue finish. It doesn’t have the deep shine of high polished bluing, but it’s pretty darn close. Might be an option for you if all else fails.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have a set of 30mm highs. But oh [bleep], just noticed they're matte.
'

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have a set of 30mm highs. But oh [bleep], just noticed they're matte. Damn, never mind.
'

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
B
Buckman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Ok, so i have been reading all the posts and some of you guys have really got my hopes up only to be disappointed. Ha Ha. This started out as a fun project but kind of now is just a pain in the ass. I could change my mind and not do what i set out to do, but I have a certain way i want this rifle/scope combo to look. My lack of patience makes it even tougher. Money can solve the problem, but i would need more than what i have. I will keep searching for the "right" parts. Thank you one an all for the help.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How about Talley's fixed? Requires their base though... not a DD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,724
Posts18,475,825
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.