Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glad to the link to Meindlusa! Looks like close the same line Cabela's had with some improvements.
Going to order a pair of the Ontario shoes.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Does anyone know if the ones sold in Germany are different from these sold state side ?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by Stilllearning
Does anyone know if the ones sold in Germany are different from these sold state side ?

From what I’ve read, those made for Cabela’s we’re manufactured in Germany at a specific price point. Nubuck was used instead of full grain leather, etc.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I posted this elsewhere and wanted to update here.

I had called Meindl USA and they returned my call today. The "Comfort Fit" model at Meindl USA is the same boot as the old "Perfekt Hunter" with some upgrades. Made in Germany. Ex Cabelas employees at the new Meindl USA.

My size 8 1/2 EE is not available but will try some 9D and 9EE to see how they fit. They said they would work with me to get a good fit.

Hope this helps.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Poconojack

From what I’ve read, they are.

Care to elaborate on this ?
Are the ones from Germany better or just different , and how so ?

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Poconojack

From what I’ve read, they are.

Care to elaborate on this ?
Are the ones from Germany better or just different , and how so ?

Just edited my previous post, but cheaper materials were used for those manufactured for Cabela’s to meet a specific price point, ie. nubuck vs. full grain leather. Also, my Cabela’s Meindls don’t have heel loops to help pull them on. Diesel indicated in his post that they are the same boots with some ‘upgrades’. As for better or just different, your guess is as good as mine.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was told over the phone the foot bed is upgraded cork and a better vibram sole.

Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hoffman Boots also carries a few styles of the Meindl, but doesn't appear the hiker is one of them.

https://www.hoffmanboots.com/meindl

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
FWIW....I know this is not the classifieds...But I have a pair of Cabelas Meindl Perfect Hunters(insulated) size 8 1/2 for sale and another Cabelas Meindl Boot( I believe the hiker..a little shorter than Perfect Hunter) size 8 1/2 for sale. Both pair of boots have been used 3 or 4 times...in EXCELLENT condition. Let me know if interested.

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonny
These might be pretty close to what Cabela's Meindl version was when they carried better quality gear.

https://meindlusa.com/collections/meindl-footwear. The "comfort fit hiker" looks to be about as close as it gets.

I'm going to check several brands of boots and I appreciate the suggestions.
I'm a huge fan of the Meindl boots and this is very welcome news!! I got my first pair nearly 20yrs ago when Lathrop and Sons carried them. Cabelas became the only carrier for years, but I'm glad to see them now have a viable US option. I'll be ordering a pair.

FWIW, IME the ones from Meindl were better than the Cabelas branded ones, which are good boots, just not quite what the real deal is.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by oldguns
FWIW....I know this is not the classifieds...But I have a pair of Cabelas Meindl Perfect Hunters(insulated) size 8 1/2 for sale and another Cabelas Meindl Boot( I believe the hiker..a little shorter than Perfect Hunter) size 8 1/2 for sale. Both pair of boots have been used 3 or 4 times...in EXCELLENT condition. Let me know if interested.

pm’s sent

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1minute, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 3,071 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,968
Posts18,499,277
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.