Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Not sure how I have managed it. But since 1993 I can recall 2 verbal altercations I have had in public. One was my neighbor threatening to shoot my dog. The other was a upset customer at work was going to whip my ass because our shop couldn't weld his aluminum AC bracket to his cast iron engine block. Reading the threads on the Fire it seems some can't go to Wal Mart, the gas station or the hardware store without getting in a fracas. I guess I am just lucky.

You ever hear that Gene tracy skit about the piccolo player... I guess they just don't make Welder's like they used to.... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Lonerider
I had an argument with myself once. And I was right!!

You may have been right....but who won?

Me. On that occasion.
Other times the dog won.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by duck911
I conceal carry everywhere I go, so my approach to the public is to avoid confrontation, verbal disputes, and anything that draws attention to myself.

One of those things that should be in every training class. Where I'm from the talking part of an altercation is brief. I won't say anything I won't back up, because I've been in too many fights where backing it up was not optional. As I carry a gun most of the time, that comes into play. The result is you maintain situational awareness and steer clear of problems. I'd hate to be winning a fight only to get shot with my revolver when it goes to ground.

It helps to avoid places and events where you're surrounded by the lower classes. I used to be lower classes, so I know just how little they have to lose versus what I have earned.

All this seems to be lost of the yankees that wind up down here. People just don't know how to behave and don't understand why they are avoided.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

One of those things that should be in every training class. Where I'm from the talking part of an altercation is brief. I won't say anything I won't back up, because I've been in too many fights where backing it up was not optional. As I carry a gun most of the time, that comes into play. The result is you maintain situational awareness and steer clear of problems. I'd hate to be winning a fight only to get shot with my revolver when it goes to ground.

It helps to avoid places and events where you're surrounded by the lower classes. I used to be lower classes, so I know just how little they have to lose versus what I have earned.

All this seems to be lost of the yankees that wind up down here. People just don't know how to behave and don't understand why they are avoided.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No one bothers me.

Go outside and count all the strangers you see.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

[Linked Image]

IKR?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My job routinely takes me to places where I'm surrounded and outnumbered by the scum of society- - - -porch apes, panhandlers, dopers, and other social misfits. On occasion I even have to interact with some of them. Maintaining a cool head and lots of situational awareness has kept me out of trouble so far, but if things go south in a hurry the last thought I have on this side of eternity is NOT going to be "Damn- - - -I wish I had a gun!" If I go down for the count, I intending to be standing on a pile of smoking brass, and using the empty gun as a club!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
My job routinely takes me to places where I'm surrounded and outnumbered by the scum of society- - - -porch apes, panhandlers, dopers, and other social misfits. On occasion I even have to interact with some of them. Maintaining a cool head and lots of situational awareness has kept me out of trouble so far, but if things go south in a hurry the last thought I have on this side of eternity is NOT going to be "Damn- - - -I wish I had a gun!" If I go down for the count, I intending to be standing on a pile of smoking brass, and using the empty gun as a club!
Jerry

[Linked Image]

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I admit to being in lots of verbal and even physical altercations, even having guns pulled on me multiple times during my 33 year sentence in the Bayou S h ! tty, I had crazy road rage and generally just hated everything and everybody.

I attribute this primarly to a bad marriage, after I divorced, getting custody of my daughters and getting the fk out of that place in '07 life fell into place and I calmed down immensely. I don't recall a verbal altercation after leaving with anyone and my tolerance for idiots is very high . Other factors that contribute to my higher level of tolerance is age, MMA (I never was good at fighting and have no interest in broken arms, legs or a busted up face) and so many are armed including me.

Yeah, I may cuss in the truck at a dumbass that crosses over the center line, honk my horn at a person sitting at a green light texting but no running people off the road, single finger salutes, jumping out of the truck or challenging strangers on the street.

Life is good now.

Dave

7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Maybe it is where I live "Rural Community" or I just always notice the jackass's and avoid them. I have always been pretty good at that. I could walk into a bar or party and in a few minutes I could tell you who would end up starting a fight that night. I just prefer to be left alone. My wife says people can tell that I don't want to be bothered and leave me alone. I am polite but not a pushover. Maybe my size keeps the tough guys away.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kingston
No one bothers me.

Go outside and count all the strangers you see.

I went to town this morning.

No problem.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I went to town this morning.

No problem.

Yeah because you're 7' tall and 400 fugking pounds.

Not to mention everyone you saw was your cousin.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah but only by marriage....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah but only by marriage....

+1

I oppose marriage.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Never have public verbal altercations.

Me either Slim Jim, someone screaming in my face would send me to jail.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a guy cut me off and threaten to drag me out of my truck and beat my ass once. When he put his hands in my driver door window I fairly calmly informed him I was about to shoot him in the face. Pretty sure that was about the time he saw the 357 in my lap. Confrontation settled down quickly then.

I completely lost my schit in the process of firing an assehole who’d just told me and my wife who worked at the same place that she was a [bleep]. It was a good old fashioned, “get your schit and get the fugg out before I kill you with this ball peen hammer” type firing speech. I feel like he got the message since he grabbed his lunchbox and hit the bricks like the devil was after him.

Other than that I’ve been cool as a cucumber pretty much my whole adult life. I’m kinda like the Flave, everybody loves me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I worked with a guy a few years ago who got into a verbal match with a customer and that night when we were leaving his tires were slashed. Viewed the video the next day and it was the same guy he argued with, company wouldn't pay for his tires because he started the argument.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Living where I do and working where I do, I don't expect "too" much trouble but it's out there. I was sitting at a stop light once and this Hispanic got out of a vehicle, went back to the vehicle behind him and started throwing fists threw the window on this other guy. I did not see what caused that and felt like getting out and intervening about the time the light turned green and everyone took off again. Still makes me wonder to this day what that was about.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Living where I do and working where I do, I don't expect "too" much trouble but it's out there. I was sitting at a stop light once and this Hispanic got out of a vehicle, went back to the vehicle behind him and started throwing fists threw the window on this other guy. I did not see what caused that and felt like getting out and intervening about the time the light turned green and everyone took off again. Still makes me wonder to this day what that was about.

They were most likely fighting over a fish taco. sick ; ]

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Read this and thought, maybe a couple times ever. I too am not a big guy, but am told I give off a vibe.

But then as I thought about it, seems like maybe once a year it happens. Brought back some real fond memories.

Montana MOFO
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.