Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
The 20 some yr old generation now ain’t never had a good ass whooping before my wife had a run in with 2 of them not long ago in our business she keeps a LCP 380 as last resort in the desk drawer and a broke off axe handle in the corner they chickened out and left glad I wasn’t there

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by deflave
I have them pretty often.

Well, yea, it's part of your job description.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The "I carry so can't argue" statements are a bit perplexing.

You get done up for assault and you lose your CCW dont ya?

Of course arguing is not assault or isnt meant to be at least.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nope, not usually or even occasionally but maybe rarely. I live in a small town so people are generally polite and they drive properly which helps keep the overall frustration level low. It’s farm country so things don’t move as fast......we slow down for tractors without getting bothered. The grocery store clerks and baggers are friends, acquaintances or high school kids that we know from sports or something. Same thing with the waitresses, bank tellers, etc, they’re our neighbors and we are always polite. In smaller towns where people know each other your reputation is important so being argumentative, impatient or impetuous is not good for your reputation. I’m not shy and have no problem speaking my mind and defending my stance but I don’t go looking for trouble and it doesn’t find me much anymore. I was raised to be polite and I am polite by nature so I always make more friends than enemies wherever I go. I’d rather have a good time than to be a jerk. Sometimes my bullshit level hits maximum and I vent my frustrations, usually on someone that doesn’t deserve as much of my frustrations as they’re getting 😬. That’s rare for me and insignificant compared to how some people stumble uphill all their lives....kicking and biting their way through life rather then enjoy it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Because i always carry in public places, i tend to walk away from altercations. i don't allow them push me.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I suppose if I used it pistol whip somebody.

But I can have a dispute without it escalating into a John Wick movie.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Verbal altercation sounds like something the media made up to make an argument sound more serious.

Last edited by doubletap; 07/17/19.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nope, not usually or even occasionally but maybe rarely. I live in a small town so people are generally polite and they drive properly which helps keep the overall frustration level low. It’s farm country so things don’t move as fast......we slow down for tractors without getting bothered. The grocery store clerks and baggers are friends, acquaintances or high school kids that we know from sports or something. Same thing with the waitresses, bank tellers, etc, they’re our neighbors and we are always polite. In smaller towns where people know each other your reputation is important so being argumentative, impatient or impetuous is not good for your reputation. I’m not shy and have no problem speaking my mind and defending my stance but I don’t go looking for trouble and it doesn’t find me much anymore. I was raised to be polite and I am polite by nature so I always make more friends than enemies wherever I go. I’d rather have a good time than to be a jerk. Sometimes my bullshit level hits maximum and I vent my frustrations, usually on someone that doesn’t deserve as much of my frustrations as they’re getting 😬. That’s rare for me and insignificant compared to how some people stumble uphill all their lives....kicking and biting their way through life rather then enjoy it.

A & 8's pretty much sums up small town life. I'm not spoiling for a fight every time I go to town.

And I don't go crazy everytime I see a bicycle going down the blacktop in "my" lane. Deer, farm equipment and Amish horses are likely to be just over the next hill.

Just calm down and enjoy the ride!

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar-Momma said so!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good post Aces. It's a sad commentary that places like that are getting harder to find.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in a city of 20k people that are all so upbeat and optimistic at the grocery store, you would think there getting on plane for a Hawaiian vacation.

But on the the community internet site, https://myneighborhood.com, there is non stop flames. The place is 75% liberal, so it is mostly liberals fighting liberals.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The 20 some yr old generation now ain’t never had a good ass whooping before my wife had a run in with 2 of them not long ago in our business she keeps a LCP 380 as last resort in the desk drawer and a broke off axe handle in the corner they chickened out and left glad I wasn’t there

There's a new invention that's all the craze now. It's called punctuation.

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 07/17/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I suppose if I used it pistol whip somebody.

But I can have a dispute without it escalating into a John Wick movie.

The question is can the the other person in the dispute do it without escalating. If the other person escalates to the point that you need to use your CCW, then you'll likely wish you had gone to great lengths to avoid the verbal altercation. Even when the use of force is legally justified, it's likely to be a damn nightmare.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The question is can the the other person in the dispute do it without escalating. If the other person escalates to the point that you need to use your CCW, then you'll likely wish you had gone to great lengths to avoid the verbal altercation. Even when the use of force is legally justified, it's likely to be a damn nightmare.

Yep, it's a gamble.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Not sure how I have managed it. But since 1993 I can recall 2 verbal altercations I have had in public. One was my neighbor threatening to shoot my dog. The other was a upset customer at work was going to whip my ass because our shop couldn't weld his aluminum AC bracket to his cast iron engine block. Reading the threads on the Fire it seems some can't go to Wal Mart, the gas station or the hardware store without getting in a fracas. I guess I am just lucky.

Can't believe you ever did, cause you're about as easy going as they come....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. You're pretty low keyed. But then again, I don't think I'd take on either one of you big Mofo's. eek

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I live in a city of 20k people that are all so upbeat and optimistic at the grocery store, you would think there getting on plane for a Hawaiian vacation.

But on the the community internet site, https://myneighborhood.com, there is non stop flames. The place is 75% liberal, so it is mostly liberals fighting liberals.

Anonymity is the culprit. Just like on the highway in a big city, if somebody pisses you off, no problem honking your horn and flipping off a stranger that you'll never see again.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
In public, I try to fly under the radar. You never know who you're dealing with and you might just end up dead. I try to stay the hell out of the big cities, there's too many crazy people in the jungle.

At work I feel like I'm a Romper Room Referee. I'm the one who has to defuse and resolve the altercations. If it's a fight between my guys, I might raise my voice because I'm pissed off that they're acting like little teenage girls. Usually it's something really stupid. I always win these because I'm the boss,and like Trump, if you don't like it here, get F out. If it's between a pissed off customer and one of my guys, I never raise my voice. Usually the problem is caused by the customer because they didn't figure out what hell they needed, or didn't do their due diligence and figure out what they really needed. Typically, these people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own actions. I generally lose these battles because the customer's always right..........even when they're wrong.

I did make a customer cry one time. This oriental lady wants to do a patio and retaining walls in her back yard. She gets quotes from three different good contractors, which all came in at about $30K. Then she figures she can hire a bunch of unemployed carpenters and run the job herself and do it for half the price. None of them knew what the hell they were doing. It turned into a nightmare when she began to call us every couple of hours for a 4 month period so that we could tell her what to do. Even though that's not our job, we showed great patience and I have to commend my guys for that. The final straw was when she accused us of shorting her a cube of wall block. I gave her the money back on it and told her she wasn't welcome here and to never come back. I think she ended up spending more than $30K and the job was a clusterfuk.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have natural immunity to verbal altercations lol i fill a doorway pretty well and although I don't mean to I appear to be scowling a lot... I'm harmless but I am deep in thought much of the time. People ask me a lot if i am angry lol

So I think between that and my size i get a pass.

Good thing too because I'm not much of an arguer and would rather keep to myself.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 07/17/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's difficult to reach my "on" switch, but once somebody manages to do that the gloves come off. The arrogant motel manager who tried to accuse me of cheating him out of a day's rent last week found that out the hard way. I have a minimum tolerance level for obnoxious donkeyholes!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There's a new invention that's all the craze now. It's call punctuation.

That's old news. The latest craze is correct conjugation of verbs.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There's a new invention that's all the craze now. It's call punctuation.

That's old news. The latest craze is correct conjugation of verbs.

[Linked Image]

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,131
Posts18,483,907
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.