Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No states don't have the right to just leave the union and start their own nation any time they don't agree with the status quo. That notion is just silly. The Civil War never should have happened but since it did we might as well quit trying to fight it. Speculating on what might have happened if the South had won makes as much sense as speculating what would have happened if Germany had won.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Florida looks like Mexico now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cisco1

Florida looks like Mexico now.

umm, there aren't very many Mexicans in Florida.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I have 50 large industries as customers in Florida . Most employees are Mexican.

The rest are Floridiots.

UMM.............

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I have 50 large industries as customers in Florida . Most employees are Mexican.

The rest are Floridiots.

UMM.............

wow, that's a very statistically precise answer....
HINT: you're still wrong...maybe...

meskins in florida

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/16/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rainshot
No states don't have the right to just leave the union and start their own nation any time they don't agree with the status quo. That notion is just silly. The Civil War never should have happened but since it did we might as well quit trying to fight it. Speculating on what might have happened if the South had won makes as much sense as speculating what would have happened if Germany had won.

So, if you voluntarily get married, you don’t have the right to get a divorce? And even if you don’t have the right to a divorce, your souse has the right to go out, physically assault you, handcuff you, bring you home, and confine you to the house forever if you try to leave her?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not at all about slavery eh?

How long has it been?

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Jorge,

I could have used the term Hispanics......I did not expect the Mexican group lawyer to start correcting.

Yes, several states have more % wise . Texas, Ca., New Mex., Arizona and maybe another 1 or 2. I forget.

We have to deal with a lot of Hispanics in FL.

Yeah I am kinda wrong.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Meh...they all look the same anyway.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Jorge,

I could have used the term Hispanics......I did not expect the Mexican group lawyer to start correcting.

Yes, several states have more % wise . Texas, Ca., New Mex., Arizona and maybe another 1 or 2. I forget.

Yeah I am kinda wrong.

We both were. I knew there were a lot of Central Americans there and of course Cubans, but I had no idea there were that many Mexicans. I know there are a lot up in North Carolina because of the tomato industry, but wow....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Meh...they all look the same anyway.....

How intellectually vapid of you...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh for chrissakes!

Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Jorge,

Yeah I am kinda wrong.

We both were. I knew there were a lot of Central Americans there and of course Cubans, but I had no idea there were that many Mexicans. I know there are a lot up in North Carolina because of the tomato industry, but wow....

I would say that the construction industry is the biggest draw for Mexicans in this state. There is a massive migration of northeasterners moving here here, creating a LOT of construction related jobs. I miss the way my state used to be.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Oh for chrissakes!

Hahaha!

My dad used to call them the "paper bag colored people"...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats pretty good too!

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Jorge,

Yeah I am kinda wrong.

Lotsa mexicans everywhere. My Mom sold her house to one in a small town in Iowa where they have become the majority.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Another thread about Florida.

LMAO.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Reconstruction hurt the South far worse than losing the Civil War did. And the feelings left from Reconstruction go far beyond the bayoneting of someone's goose.

A good example of that was the 1866 burning of the town of Brenham, TX. "Historical records indicate on the night of September 7, 1866 there was an altercation between the citizens of Brenham and several drunken Union soldiers. The soldiers were part of a Union company stationed in the town following the end of the Civil War. As a result of this confrontation, part of the town was burned; one month later the Union soldiers again set fire to the town, destroying an entire block of businesses." The previous quotes were taken from information concerning a book titled The Burning of Brenham by Sharon Brass.

This part of Texas was not the site of fighting during the Civil War but with Texas having fought on the Confederate side it came under Federal Reconstruction, The Freedman’s Bureau, and Federal Troop occupation. To this day many Texans do their best to ignore the existence of a Federal Government and the imposition of Sheridan’s Black troops was not well received by the people at the time.

According to my father, my grandfather and his brothers remembered the occupation and the effects of Reconstruction from their boyhood and it angered him far worse in his later years than losing the war did. Losing the war was a 50/50 gamble that everyone recognized. Reconstruction was revenge on the part of the Union that got fueled in part by Lincoln's assassination. If Lincoln had lived, Reconstruction as it was allowed to occur may not have happened.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Why are southerners still hung up on the Civil War?

No disrespect intended.

Hung up and interested and fascinated with the times are two different things. I think I fall in the latter. I love history.

Sooner or later, the communist snowflakes are gonna figure out what Sherman did to the Injuns and want to tear down his statues. I won't like that either.

Animosity towards Yankees over the war.....I don't have any. I get annoyed when some get sanctimonious about slavery but that is a case by case basis. The Ted Cruz thing with General Forrest being the latest example that comes to mind......but I don't want to fight or kill him over it. My Granddaddy was born in 1903 and probably could have heard some first hand war stories and legends since Sherman did some burning in his home area. Never said much if any about it, and I don't think it was instilled in the family too much.....so I did not get it. Other families are different. When you objectively consider it, the Yankees were very conciliatory, especially for the times. Had Lincoln not been killed, things would have moved along better. How much we don't know. Some historians speculate he did not have long to live because he was sick. May have wound up with President Johnson anyway. Hating the descendants of Yankee soldiers makes about as much sense as blacks hating whites for slavery. None of us alive today were involved.

What Bristoe said is big. We got the Federal Govt of today out of that war. However, there is no guarantee it would have been different had the South won. Man tends to gravitate toward tyranny not freedom.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/16/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
No states don't have the right to just leave the union and start their own nation any time they don't agree with the status quo. That notion is just silly[]. The Civil War never should have happened but since it did we might as well quit trying to fight it. Speculating on what might have happened if the South had won makes as much sense as speculating what would have happened if Germany had won.

No states have the right to leave the Union? Lets analyze that real quick...

The is the United States Of America....United for a common good...

When that common good no longer fits a states "common good", the original framers figured that was that particular States Tough Luck? The STATE joins, its obligation to all the other states is perpetual?

Southern States felt the Union was no longer meeting or even recognizing their needs.. so they decided to end their contract with the "UNION" and form their own separate Nation.. for their "common good"....

Northern States didn't like that very much.. so they asserted Northern States 'rights' over Southern States "rights' by force..
essentially Invading " the South".. by massing and invading the state of Virginia from out of Washington DC....

they crossed Arlington County and Fairfax County.. but by the time they had invaded 30 miles into Prince William County VA, they got this rude awakening, because they were met at a creek called Bull Run, by armed forces of the State of Virginia...

and the invading troops, found themselves retreating back across the Potomac to DC having got their asses kicked....

that is kind of why at the time, in the south it was not referred to as the Civil War.. it was referred to as the War of Northern Aggression.....or lesser known in History, as being Called the Second War of Independence in the south and especially in the State of Virginia....

don't be another democRAT busy rewritting American History.. instead of looking at what REALLY happened...

The Real VERSION, not the CNN version...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,031
Posts18,481,886
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.