Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Ten years ago I broke my fathers rule that you never leave the tractor dealership without a front end loader. I had a new mortgage and the loader was off the table

So I traded for a Kubota L3901. It is a little smaller than I wanted but I believe it will still more than handle my chores. I will have to find a smaller disc though.

old one
[Linked Image]

New baby Kubota
[Linked Image]

I have the older model, the L3800 without the DPF filter regen crap. I actually had a choice between a leftover L3800 and the newer L3901 and chose the older due to the emissions crap. It's been a great tractor and is just the right size for my 7 acres. It's light enough to do work around the finished yard, but heavy enough to mow and spray pastures. I have my rears half loaded with washer fluid (I have a backhoe, so can't fully load them). I recommend loading the tires, if you didn't already. It's a great tractor, if you remember that it's a compact economy model. I can lift a new 4x5 round bale with a FEL mounted spear, but a wet bale is a little iffy and the 5 x 6 bales are a no-go. Check your hydraulic pressure and make sure it's at the top of the spec, otherwise the FEL will be a little anemic. It's an easy task to shim the relief valve if you need to bump up pressure.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I built my house in 1999, I bought a used B1750. The dealer had one with a bucket and one without. I couldn't afford the one with the bucket, so I bought the other one. There were a lot of times I'd wished I had a loader, especially when we had big snow storms. The rear blade could only handle so much snow. Around 2015, I started having some drive train issues and it started costing me a lot of money. In 2016, my father passed away and I ended up with his little mini tractor. It's smaller, but good enough for what I have to do. Just takes a little longer to get the mowing done. The nice thing is that the bucket goes on or off within 5 minutes. I love my baby Kabota.

The bucket can come in handy sometimes, I think you'll like it. Congratulations. There's nothing like a new toy.

[Linked Image]

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
A quick disconnect that handles all standard skid loader devices sure comes in handy

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
A quick disconnect that handles all standard skid loader devices sure comes in handy

Yeah, all of my Bobcats have hydraulic controls to drop the bucket and pick up a different attachment. You don't even have to get off the machine. It would be nice on a tractor.

Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
[Linked Image]
I highly recommend the deer bucket.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by roof
[Linked Image]
I highly recommend the deer bucket.

You're just showing off because your tractor is bigger than mine.

Ronald Reagan
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,514
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.