Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

On phone with the implement dealer: "Of course I haven't made a payment on the tractor; you said it would pay for itself".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice!

Gotta love a new tractor!

I came close to buying a 3901 for small jobs a few years back, but with the bees and yellow jackets here, I figured I'd better stick with a cab tractor.

Bet you'll like that! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have the 27horse Kubota I bought three years ago. I use the bucket to lift things more than anything else. With the 8 forward and 4 reverse 4wd , I have not run out of power yet .In the winter I use a 60 snow blower and it doesn't choke down. I bought a set of hay spears with it and it's a welcome thing to lift and move 800 pound big squares with it instead of bucking small hay squares

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Word of caution...………. ALL of our loader tractors will lift WAY more than a feller should be lifting with them. If you're new to a loader...….. BE FREAKIN CAREFUL !!! Keep a loaded bucket as LOW to the ground as you can. Also...……..if you get a hold of something that ain't gonna lift (like a tree stump or big root, rock, etc) WATCH YOUR HIND END !!!! I put the rear tire of our 6800 over 5 feet off the ground in about 2 seconds one time. Not cool. Load your rear tires with fluid if they aren't already.

I've noticed that the 3 point hitch lifting power on a lot of the newer compact tractors is in the 1600lb range. The hitch on my 8N is only rated for 800 lbs, but less than that will pull the front wheels off the ground,..and it weights about the same as a lot of the new compact tractors.

It seems to me that someone would have to hang a lot of weights on the front end of a compact tractor to lift 1600 lbs with the 3 point hitch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Word of caution...………. ALL of our loader tractors will lift WAY more than a feller should be lifting with them. If you're new to a loader...….. BE FREAKIN CAREFUL !!! Keep a loaded bucket as LOW to the ground as you can. Also...……..if you get a hold of something that ain't gonna lift (like a tree stump or big root, rock, etc) WATCH YOUR HIND END !!!! I put the rear tire of our 6800 over 5 feet off the ground in about 2 seconds one time. Not cool. Load your rear tires with fluid if they aren't already.

I've noticed that the 3 point hitch lifting power on a lot of the newer compact tractors is in the 1600lb range. The hitch on my 8N is only rated for 800 lbs, but less than that will pull the front wheels off the ground,..and it weights about the same as a lot of the new compact tractors.

It seems to me that someone would have to hang a lot of weights on the front end of a compact tractor to lift 1600 lbs with the 3 point hitch.

Yeah, you have to counter balance them all.

I'll move big round bales with my new tractor, but I spear one with the rear fork, then go spear one with the loader spear. Then unload the loader bale first, then the rear bale.

Working as you use your work for ballast. wink

My big tractor has a tree puller on the loader. But it works much better and safer with my 5000 pound shredder hooked to the rear.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Balance...and lifting a front or back tire....or weight alone....has a lot to do with the distance of said item (or tire) from what's being lifted. In any case, keeping things as low as possible given the circumstances is never a bad idea. I've gone tri-pod way more than I should have.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
...and always keep the angle of the ground you're working on, especially when you're moving, in mind.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
When I am moving big bales, I put an extra 100 pounds of lead bricks on my back blade

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
They are rather handy machines.

We use four green ones.

I think everyone is worth as much if not more than we paid for them.....

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’ve got a 1959 Ferguson 35 it handles what I do but been day dreaming about those Kubotas

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
I hope at aint a panty liner stuck to the back tar 😬

Jeebus ya jackwagon.

New tire sticker.

I got squinty eyes.

It's an inbred thing.

That's the big thing now, wimmens wearing tire stickers as panty liners... They all be bragging about the mileage claims...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah, you have to counter balance them all.

I'll move big round bales with my new tractor, but I spear one with the rear fork, then go spear one with the loader spear. Then unload the loader bale first, then the rear bale.

Working as you use your work for ballast. wink

My big tractor has a tree puller on the loader. But it works much better and safer with my 5000 pound shredder hooked to the rear.

Yep.

Don't think I've ever pulled 1600 pounds up on the 3-point of my little BX. But close. Skidded 2000 bd/ft of ash logs with it a few years ago.......every skid was uphill. Biggest logs were 14 footers, 22"-24" in diameter. Ratchet strapped them to the drawbar and rolled smoke. BUT......... I had a loader bucket full of 2B limestone for ballast up front. AMAZING what the goofy little things will do when used with thought........

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well it does kind of look like those panty liners we used to slap on the back of them Members Only jacket wearin kids in skool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weighted rear wheels and tires are not the same as counter weight! You need weight behind the rear axle in order to take weight off the front axle. It’s a balancing act. My bigger tractor has loaded rear tires, 6” spacers for max width, and 150# wheel weights. Then I usually use a box blade with suitcase weight hangin on it for a counter.

Last edited by Toddly; 07/16/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a great point.

Guys use a 3-point bale grabber/spear load it with a round bale and then go grab two bales with the bucket.

Rear weights on the wheels are nice if you're loading or unloading and not transporting. Or just leave the same bale on the 3-point all day.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bought a 32 horse JD with a front end loader a couple years ago, cant imagine how I managed without it.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 35 years ago, my uncle delivered one to my grandads farm. He said “get that orange Japanese crap outta my barn”

It’s still rolling strong.....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Congrats on your purchase
I love my MX5800 it has surpassed my expectations on what I thought it would do for me.

Go have some fun on it now.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I’ve got a Kubota M59 with the removable backhoe. Great machine. Loader bucket removes and uses all skid steer attachments.
Wonderful machine.

Fourth Generation Border Rat
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by CCCC
I think you got yourself a better machine.

+1

We run Orange 4 ways on the tree farm.

BX1850 with loader

B2630 with loader

MX5000 no loader

M6800 cab with loader

Absolutely NOTHING but good things to say about ALL of them.

This: my smaller tractor is very strong for its weight. Make sure your using a counterweight on the 3 point!!! Also make sure you’re in 4wd when you have a load on, especially going downhill. If the rear tires come off the ground in 2wd you got no brakes!! Trust me on this. 😃

AND, the front end is "hinged" - so to speak - you can go over in a heartbeat!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.