i dealt with customer service 3 years ago they were terrible. i purchased a new 338 Lapua accumark mark 5 s.s. its a $2000.00 plus rifle,i mounted picatinny base and rings with a Nightforce 3-32x56 scope with factory ammo 1 1/2 - 2 inch groups at 100 yards handloads shot about the same. this rifle was not a very accurate Weatherby. i called Weatherby customer service they said that rifle falls within their spec ,but for about $150.00 and rifle shipped back to them they would check and make sure it shot a 1 1/2 inches at least at 100 yards and if it did they would send rifle back to me and keep the $150.00,but if it was not within those terrible specs they would fix rifle but still keep the $150.00. i told them for $150.00 and i add another $250.00 i could have a very good machinist who has built National 1,000 yard bench championship rifles for people why would i just throw $150.00 into wind to a company that believes 1 1/2 inch /100 yard specs is good enough on a brand new 338 lapua mark 5 accumark. so had straight line machine rebarrel this rifle with a Brux barrel and now it shoots 1/2 groups at! Weatherby`s customer service did a horse manure service with this rifle and after that costly rebuild all my expense on a expensive rifle i will never buy another Weatherby !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman