-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t believe any of the original dead Alamo yahoos were more than self serving land pirates against Mexican commodities shipments. That whole Bowie Silver mine was BullChit.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/18/19.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I pay no money. I have, by the grace of God, saved some peoples, or their relatives, eye from disease or injury or just became friends over years of treating their chronic ocular condition.

Often it has resulted in my hunting less than prime or top quality places for many years or i have been restricted only to does or small bucks or only birds and varmints.

Many years ago i often had no place to hunt other than some friends and relatives places in E Texas. Later, i did pay something like $1000 on a place a few years for turkey spring and fall, 4-5 deer with one to be a good buck and one cull, dove, quail, ..

AFAIC we all pay some price for our overpopulation whether to draw a tag or lease quality hunting.

Texas land owners are able to manage their game by cutting predator populations through effective methods.

So far not a single Texan has been able to say how much they pay for their lease.

Iirc, Roger told you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jeffbird
I pay no money. I have, by the grace of God, saved some peoples, or their relatives, eye from disease or injury or just became friends over years of treating their chronic ocular condition.

Often it has resulted in my hunting less than prime or top quality places for many years or i have been restricted only to does or small bucks or only birds and varmints.

Many years ago i often had no place to hunt other than some friends and relatives places in E Texas. Later, i did pay something like $1000 on a place a few years for turkey spring and fall, 4-5 deer with one to be a good buck and one cull, dove, quail, ..

AFAIC we all pay some price for our overpopulation whether to draw a tag or lease quality hunting.

Texas land owners are able to manage their game by cutting predator populations through effective methods.

So far not a single Texan has been able to say how much they pay for their lease.

I hunt on a 13,000 acre ranch north of Laredo for no charge.

I also hunt on a 500 acre property in north Texas near the Red River for no charge.

Just helping folks and not acting like a jackass seems to open doors.

Will pay $2,500 to hunt Nilgai next spring.

And then there is the view out my front door of them munching on the landscaping, but no hunting these.

[Linked Image]

Jeff, i know how to handle that. Any hunter who has previously killed a branch antlered buck must agree to and provide proof any future branch antlered bucks are sent to a reputable taxidermist and full shoulder mounted.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an answer for Deflave on the Texas leases, its easy to research and verify on Texas forums and commercial sites.
The simple answer is: AS MUCH AS THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH WHILST ALLOWING YOU THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TROPHY DEER BUT PUTTING A DENT IN THEIR HOG PROBLEM, WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF FAMILY OR GUEST ATTACHED TO THE HUNTER, ADDITIONALLY SHARING OR FOOTING THE BILL FOR THE WHOLE COST OF ANY SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING.

THAT IS THE ANSWER ^^^^^^^

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will tell you that the taxes on my buds place costs about 2,300 a year.

We at most 5 folks at a time.

There are 3 tower stands and sometimes no cell service.

Everyone pitches when work needs to be done,trimming trees,planting the food plots and such.

I built the stands and me and my bud hauled them up there and set them up.

I had a 30 ft.trailer that we use for a dry camp,we haul water.

Hopes this helps.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by plainsman456
sometimes no cell service.

Oh, the humanity!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Does she limit your computer time?

Not any more.

I put my foot down.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In fairness, I do sorta like parts of West Texas as well as the panhandle.

Ha, i knew ya werent near as stoopit as you make out to be. smile

Wish I could say same.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by plainsman456

There are 3 tower stands and sometimes no cell service.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Iirc, Roger told you.

Roger told me he doesn't have a lease.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I don’t believe any of the original dead Alamo yahoos were more than self serving land pirates against Mexican commodities shipments. That whole Bowie Silver mine was BullChit.

Oh yeah.

The "pride" of Texas.

What a fugking schit hole that place is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

She's the earner in my household.

You need a dose of machismo, brother. Cubans find out you're the one making the "cafe" and sandwiches, they'll hack you up with them sugarcane Machetes...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You need a dose of machismo, brother. Cubans find out you're the one making the "cafe" and sandwiches, they'll hack you up with them sugarcane Machetes...

If I found myself adjusting lifestyle based on a Cuban's opinion, I'd blow my head off.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

She's the earner in my household.

My wife makes more money than I do by a long shot ($140K). That's what an MS degree will get you. Others here are just jealous...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We need to start an argument about whose wife makes the most money and why............ It could get more than amusing. laugh laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If I found myself adjusting lifestyle based on a Cuban's opinion, I'd blow my head off.

[quote=deflave][quote=jorgeI]
My wife enforces the 51/100 rule. The Navy stationed me here and we are equidistant from my family in Miami and hers in Pensacola, even though her dad spends half the year up at their place in the PA mountains. That is probably were we're headed once I retire from my present job.

Might wanna work on your machismo buddy.

OK....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
.[/quote]

COL TRAVIS: How much does your lease cost per year?[/quote] ROGER REPLIED
don't need a lease have friends that own land, but my brother and i did have a lease on lake falcon for a couple yrs, $1500 for 1400 acres between 5 people.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/19/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by reivertom
Heck, Texas wouldn't even be a state if a bunch of Kentucky and Tennessee boys hadn't got bored and took a little trip out there. :^)

Mic drop

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

COL TRAVIS: How much does your lease cost per year?[/quote] ROGER REPLIED
don't need a lease have friends that own land, but my brother and i did have a lease on lake falcon for a couple yrs, $1500 for 1400 acres between 5 people.[/quote]

That means he doesn't have a lease.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[quote=deflave][quote=jorgeI]
My wife enforces the 51/100 rule. The Navy stationed me here and we are equidistant from my family in Miami and hers in Pensacola, even though her dad spends half the year up at their place in the PA mountains. That is probably were we're headed once I retire from my present job.

Might wanna work on your machismo buddy.

OK....

Are you getting kghunty post retirement?

Keep it up and we'll ship your ass to Texas.

Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 3,247 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.