Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just something that one may have to endure yearly in Texas.............

[Linked Image]

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Look what i remembered from YOUR post from predatormastersforum from july 30, 2013 under thread

Texas is losing the war on feral hogs.

Deflave said:
"
There are parts of Texas that are not like that (some of the best pheasant hunting I have ever seen was up around Lubbock and didn't cost me a dime) but in south Texas, it truly is part of the culture.

If you ask a landowner if your son can come out and pop a couple does for meat, he will more than likely look at you like you have a d!ck growing out of your forehead. There is very little understanding of the concept that you'd let somebody shoot the critters on your property without paying." Per Deflave.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/19/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greatness should not be necessary to prove if so

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jag, why are you so obsessed with DeFlave and anything he says? It kinda reminds me of a similar situation in the hunting rifles/long range forums.

Hell for that matter, digging up stuff DeFlave said several years ago is eerily reminiscent of the Steelhead/Tom264 feud.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Seems to me hes the one jumping on my threads.

There are plenty of threads he posts on that i never comment on.

In fact, he has a thread today ive read and havent commented on.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by deflave

Heros like you would be very welcome, jorge. With your class you could probably expect to get some free hunts. grin

Now some of yer buds would need to have NR licenses and big bucks. wink

Are you claiming a non-native can land in Texas and secure permission to hunt without paying?

You ass u me too much. After being here a short while, jorge would rate a resident license, but yes, i could prolly put him on some hogs without pay. I would have to check on that but one could always accidently get in his way while doing target practice.

Id expect Jorge has better muzzle control than you accuse.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
What a fugking schit hole that place is.

All of Texas? Yeah sure.

Remind me if the property taxes are high in the that great blue state of Tejas?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys do know some of us have so many screen names we can carry a whole thread, right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
You guys do know some of us have so many screen names we can carry a whole thread, right?

Texas does have about 2,000,000 people with serious mental illnesses.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I'm not saying who started what on who's thread.

It just seems that on the threads you both do chime in on, you're on a mission. What that mission is, I am unsure.

Carry on, I guess. No biggie to me (and I suspect anyone else). Enjoy.

IC B3

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Not true. It's more like 14,000,000. Don't leave out the ladies! They're all crazy.

Last edited by M16; 07/19/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The lack of free hunting and the nasty hot weather is plenty to disqualify it as the "great state of Texas".

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Texas is probably a lot like the other southern states in that it has hunting season, not hunting week but scarce public land and even scarcer decent public land. The great thing with them is "exotics". I would really like to hunt Axis deer. Anyway, South Carolina for instance has a 4 month deer season and you can shoot a bunch. Georgia is about 3 months. Alabama probably similar and the rut is in the winter so you don't sweat while hunting. Hogs year around maybe and turkey in the spring. Might be worth paying a little money to get in on some of that.....depending on the situation. People pay as much to be in a golf club, go drinking every weekend, or be a football fan with season tickets that follows a team.....whatever. Friends with land who will let you hunt and don't mind if you actually kill one or two would be the best....obviously.....but for most that has gone the way of the dodo. They can't afford not to lease their land.

If free hunting is for hunting week and you might draw a tag and you might not and all you can shoot is a one.....I don't know if I would bother or not....it would depend on the situation. I'm not used to a lot of rules. But then plenty of clubs impose all kind of rules and someone is liable to get bent out of shape if you shoot one without enough bone on his head. Hey, their club, their rules.

Quite frankly, all of it is getting to be a giant PITA. Maybe I am just getting old. I was in a situation that spoiled me rotten for the last decade which like all good things came to an end....could go when I wanted and shoot what I wanted for very little money 30 minutes from my house. Unrealistic to expect that again ever. I don't know if I'm in the mood to get out and hustle up a place to go anymore or not. We'll see when fall gets here. If I miss next hunting season without going crazy I might be done.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/19/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman

It just seems that on the threads you both do chime in on, you're on a mission. What that mission is, I am unsure.

Gee, tell Travey im sorry for being so mean. I shouldnt have posted a spoof video about Texas and got him riled up.

I shouldnt have said Texas has speckled trout and redfish since i live 7 hours away and i shud just stick them pore fishes up my ass, i guess unless im staying visiting my sister one hour from the coast, then i guess its ok ifin i ketch an eatem?
frown

I think in all fairness though, and i know you would want to be fair, you should also ask Fireball and Birdy how come they single poor Travey out to make fun of, dontcha think?

I would also like to ask if you read the entire thread or just jumped to a stupid fugging conclusion.

Hey, maybe us three been ganging up on poor Travey and doing some of that Collusion? grin

Are you going to ask that California asswhole, Salmonella how come hes been so mean, also?

Are we giving the Illusion of running a Collusion?

Yeah, i really had it in for poor Travey on those threads, huh? whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RJY66
Texas is probably a lot like the other southern states in that it has hunting season, not hunting week but scarce public land and even scarcer decent public land. The great thing with them is "exotics". I would really like to hunt Axis deer. Anyway, South Carolina for instance has a 4 month deer season and you can shoot a bunch. Georgia is about 3 months. Alabama probably similar and the rut is in the winter so you don't sweat while hunting. Hogs year around maybe and turkey in the spring. Might be worth paying a little money to get in on some of that.....depending on the situation. People pay as much to be in a golf club, go drinking every weekend, or be a football fan with season tickets that follows a team.....whatever. Friends with land who will let you hunt and don't mind if you actually kill one or two would be the best....obviously.....but for most that has gone the way of the dodo. They can't afford not to lease their land.

If free hunting is for hunting week and you might draw a tag and you might not and all you can shoot is a one.....I don't know if I would bother or not....it would depend on the situation. I'm not used to a lot of rules. But then plenty of clubs impose all kind of rules and someone is liable to get bent out of shape if you shoot one without enough bone on his head. Hey, their club, their rules.

Quite frankly, all of it is getting to be a giant PITA. Maybe I am just getting old. I was in a situation that spoiled me rotten for the last decade which like all good things came to an end....could go when I wanted and shoot what I wanted for very little money 30 minutes from my house. Unrealistic to expect that again ever. I don't know if I'm in the mood to get out and hustle up a place to go anymore or not. We'll see when fall gets here. If I miss next hunting season without going crazy I might be done.
We have a total of 4.8 million acres of State land in NY. Depending on where you are or where you're willing to travel to you can legally shoot up to 7 deer per year, two of which can be bucks. Between archery, rifle, crossbow and muzzleloader the season is open for about 3.5 months. Rifle season is about 3 weeks in the Southern zone and 7 weeks in the Northern zone. Most of the State has no antler restrictions other than it must have one antler of at least 3" in length to be a legal buck. You can hunt however you wish {stands/blinds/still hunting/deer drives/tracking} but no permanent stands or blinds may be erected on state land and no bait or feeders. You don't have to register or let anybody know where you'll be hunting, just pick a spot and go. No way I could put up with the restrictions imposed by hunting clubs/leases after having the freedom to hunt how I wish, when I wish and kill what I wish without asking anybody's permission during the open season.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Might be useful ta see if you can find a thread without a defalve post in it, fore ya cast stones.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Just enjoy the entertainment, Tin.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RJY66

We have a total of 4.8 million acres of State land in NY. Depending on where you are or where you're willing to travel to you can legally shoot up to 7 deer per year, two of which can be bucks. Between archery, rifle, crossbow and muzzleloader the season is open for about 3.5 months. Rifle season is about 3 weeks in the Southern zone and 7 weeks in the Northern zone. Most of the State has no antler restrictions other than it must have one antler of at least 3" in length to be a legal buck. You can hunt however you wish {stands/blinds/still hunting/deer drives/tracking} but no permanent stands or blinds may be erected on state land and no bait or feeders. You don't have to register or let anybody know where you'll be hunting, just pick a spot and go. No way I could put up with the restrictions imposed by hunting clubs/leases after having the freedom to hunt how I wish, when I wish and kill what I wish without asking anybody's permission during the open season.

Sounds like i need to visit you sometime this fall, Pal. smile

I gots speckled trouts.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by M16
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Not true. It's more like 14,000,000. Don't leave out the ladies! They're all crazy.

Yeah, an dont fergetit. smirk

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coded message received.

Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.