-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 49 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 48 49
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Based on his previous posts I'd wager he's suckin' dick for a ride, a blanket, or some bed space.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
National Park probably has lousy/non-existent wi-fi. He'll weigh in soon with some more beautiful pics, some interesting stories, and some observations only he would make.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Mike, you get down here - call me. 505-617-1342.
I'll buy you a meal, and maybe some adult beverages. Might even be able to put a roof over your scraggly head!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Naw.
You put up a tough fight.
Truth is we both hunt and shoot, loathe liberals, and value our time in the outdoors.
I don't know why I suddenly went 180 but we could do a lot worse than each other.
I get tired of fighting.

[Linked Image]

I'm so happy for you two.. I promised myself I wouldn't cry..

Last edited by 79S; 07/17/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roy you’re gonna need to clean those spandex son.

Great video Joken2

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by joken2

Holee Fawk!!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Sal,

I will try and use more words.

Apologies.

Do you need a tutor Sir?

I am available at your behest to indoctrinate you in the correct and timely usage of the language of the land..............the land North of the border for next 2 or three years at least.

Should you not desire to avail yourself of a personal instructor in the fine art of usage of an abundant vocabulary, I am positive I can find links to sources of literature (books and such in case that word is unknown to you) that might provide you with a jumping off point in your effort to please other Hunter's Campfire forum readers by increasing the word count in your posts.

It really isn't hard to use more words than necessary to get a point across, or to expound on a topic. Great authors and orators have been doing it for millennia, in various languages and forms. From such classics as the Illiad, The Epic of Gilgamesh, and such, right up to Tom Clancy and Steven King novels, and let's not forget Gabriel Garcia Marquez and other foreign writers.

Travis, Dave,Clark etc, you might be taken more seriously around here if you were to become a bit more verbose. Some folks here appear to be under the impression that you are joking around on many occasions. Especially in your replies to certain other members here. It's possible you are being misunderstood due to the paucity of nouns, verbs, and prepositions in your posts.

Geno

PS, I laugh at some of the memes you toss out.............or are the GIFs? Vids?

You long winded fugk.

You’d think he was Canadian.

What's that you say, eh?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Naw.
You put up a tough fight.
Truth is we both hunt and shoot, loathe liberals, and value our time in the outdoors.
I don't know why I suddenly went 180 but we could do a lot worse than each other.
I get tired of fighting.

[Linked Image]

Like i said, brotherfuggers. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Hey Birdie, where are ya ? Hopefully on that long downhill stretch to Cody!

The most remarkable thing; I hit that pass in Yellowstone at 8,600 ft around 1pm and ain’t had to hardly pedal since, 50-55 free miles with a strong west wind at my back. Still windy, at least 90 minutes of daylight left but I figure there ain’t gonna be anywhere cheap in Cody. So I stopped at Buffalo Bill State Park.

No WiFi no phone service in Yellowstone, the way it was explained to me is there’s only one tower for the whole place so you get bars like you got a signal but that one tower is overwhelmed by volume. No idea the truth of it. Anyways Verizon is the only service that gets anything at all, I couldnt even text.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to see the bears didn’t eat you ! 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/18/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Trip Two Day 8: 54 miles ~300 total.

Rolled into Yellowstone NP around 10am amid the long lines of cars and RVs, a kazillion families on vacation, sorta impatient, prob’ly wishing a lot of the other folks had gone somewhere else this year. 30 miles give or take from West Yellowstone to Old Faithful, passed a bunch of other geyser and steaming areas but I was on a mission.

The Old Faithful area is all built up; museum type place, hotel, restaurants. I had an hour to the next eruption (about every 90 minutes). The place I ate was packed, the wait was long, and the food both expensive and awful.

Waited with the crowds (next to a nice retired couple from Nebraska), seen it go off, time to move on. Except I couldn’t. Friggin’ storm cells again. Next place I needed to be was Grant’s Village on Yellowstone Lake, 17 miles away over 8,000+ ft Craig Pass. So, waiting three hours for the rain to clear I got to see Old Faithful go off twice more, and I’m glad I did, ya gotta experience the regularity of the thing to really appreciate it.

Clouds, storm cells ain’t letting up, finally late in the day, fuggit, I take my chances and head out. Getting dark by the time I make the Continental Divide at 8,000 whatever. Then it begins to rain, gets dark, lightning. First night in Yellowstone and I’m on a bicycle at night on a narrow winding road in the rain and thunder at 8,000ft.

The road takes forever, I gotta go slow ‘cause I can’t see chit. Once in a while cars pass by, I bail off the road surface, once in a while some honk their horn like I don’t know I’m on a narrow windy road at 8,000ft at night on a bicycle in the rain grin

At friggin’ last the road begins to head downhill, the traffic has died but I still gotta go slow because I can’t see chit, my headlight is ok but it’s only “hey-don’t-run-over-me” spec, not “don’t-hit-a-Buffalo-in-Yellowstone” floodlight.

It occurs to me that Yellowstone is famous for its bears. It also occurs to me the grizzlies are famously irritable when surprised. I guessed that one of the best ways to surprise a bear would be on a bicycle at night in the rain.

So for like the last hour I’m singing out ditties like “John Jakob Jinglehiemer-Schmidt” ( I tried it but I found “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall” required too much concentration).

It was friggin DARK, and wet, all I got is this little tunnel of light from my bike headlight. Finally I locate the campground like 10:30, it’s all dark, and wet.

I find the campground office, the check-in walkway is sheltered and dry, plus there’s a porch light. Hikers and cyclists get cut rates and don’t need reservations. I park the bike under the light by way of explanation and lay out my cotton bedsheet on the concrete walk, inflate the pillow (those things rock😎). Until later on when the temperature got down around 40 the skeeters were bad, so I unzipped the bag Timbermaster gave me and slept under it, covering my head.

I was warm and dry but hey this was Yellowstone, I could be jumped by a griz any moment, so kept spray and (concealed) firearm close at hand. Slept well.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
hard to find a fleece blanket now Birdie, you passed the last Walmart for miles. Pendleton blanket will set you back an arm and a leg in the tourist towns. Keep on rolling.

Hmm.... catching flack and ridicule about wanting wool.

You guys might be out of the loop, reenactors got wool all over, so do the websites that supply em.

Turkey Foot Trading Co, my go to wool blanket place....

Check out the Norwegian and Israeli milsurp. 100% wool, 3lb, $35. Every mountain resort I’ve been to has its token “Mountain Man” store, that’s where I’d look. Don’t have to now.

http://www.turkeyfootllc.com/blankets.html

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Trip Two Day 8: 54 miles ~300 total.

Rolled into Yellowstone NP around 10am amid the long lines of cars and RVs, a kazillion families on vacation, sorta impatient, prob’ly wishing a lot of the other folks had gone somewhere else this year. 30 miles give or take from West Yellowstone to Old Faithful, passed a bunch of other geyser and steaming areas but I was on a mission.

The Old Faithful area is all built up; museum type place, hotel, restaurants. I had an hour to the next eruption (about every 90 minutes). The place I ate was packed, the wait was long, and the food both expensive and awful.

Waited with the crowds (next to a nice retired couple from Nebraska), seen it go off, time to move on. Except I couldn’t. Friggin’ storm cells again. Next place I needed to be was Grant’s Village on Yellowstone Lake, 17 miles away over 8,000+ ft Craig Pass. So, waiting three hours for the rain to clear I got to see Old Faithful go off twice more, and I’m glad I did, ya gotta experience the regularity of the thing to really appreciate it.

Clouds, storm cells ain’t letting up, finally late in the day, fuggit, I take my chances and head out. Getting dark by the time I make the Continental Divide at 8,000 whatever. Then it begins to rain, gets dark, lightning. First night in Yellowstone and I’m on a bicycle at night on a narrow winding road in the rain and thunder at 8,000ft.

The road takes forever, I gotta go slow ‘cause I can’t see chit. Once in a while cars pass by, I bail off the road surface, once in a while some honk their horn like I don’t know I’m on a narrow windy road at 8,000ft at night on a bicycle in the rain grin

At friggin’ last the road begins to head downhill, the traffic has died but I still gotta go slow because I can’t see chit, my headlight is ok but it’s only “hey-don’t-run-over-me” spec, not “don’t-hit-a-Buffalo-in-Yellowstone” floodlight.

It occurs to me that Yellowstone is famous for its bears. It also occurs to me the grizzlies are famously irritable when surprised. I guessed that one of the best ways to surprise a bear would be on a bicycle at night in the rain.

So for like the last hour I’m singing out ditties like “John Jakob Jinglehiemer-Schmidt” ( I tried it but I found “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall” required too much concentration).

It was friggin DARK, and wet, all I got is this little tunnel of light from my bike headlight. Finally I locate the campground like 10:30, it’s all dark, and wet.

I find the campground office, the check-in walkway is sheltered and dry, plus there’s a porch light. Hikers and cyclists get cut rates and don’t need reservations. I park the bike under the light by way of explanation and lay out my cotton bedsheet on the concrete walk, inflate the pillow (those things rock😎). Until later on when the temperature got down around 40 the skeeters were bad, so I unzipped the bag Timbermaster gave me and slept under it, covering my head.

I was warm and dry but hey this was Yellowstone, I could be jumped by a griz any moment, so kept spray and (concealed) firearm close at hand. Slept well.

Awesome. You're having one heck of an adventure, and doing well. Good grief, that night ride over the pass was a little crazy though... smile

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you won't be finding any $35 wool blankets on mountain resort towns, or tourist towns.

Pendleton Yakima camp blanket will set you back $150 probably but be a good blanket.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Be safe Birdie. Find an Army surplus store if you can. Israeli, Ukrainian, Belgian. A wool blanket is a wo.... price rules.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Sycamore
hard to find a fleece blanket now Birdie, you passed the last Walmart for miles. Pendleton blanket will set you back an arm and a leg in the tourist towns. Keep on rolling.

Hmm.... catching flack and ridicule about wanting wool.

You guys might be out of the loop, reenactors got wool all over, so do the websites that supply em.

Turkey Foot Trading Co, my go to wool blanket place....

Check out the Norwegian and Israeli milsurp. 100% wool, 3lb, $35. Every mountain resort I’ve been to has its token “Mountain Man” store, that’s where I’d look. Don’t have to now.

http://www.turkeyfootllc.com/blankets.html

Interesting link, Mike. Thanks.

Pendleton Blankets are quite pricey!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the update!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes Thanks for the update, awesome

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Glad to see the bears didn’t eat you ! 🤠

Or the dump truck!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 36 of 49 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,453 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,265
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.