Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
When I was a kid in 1st grade we said grace before eating. The supreme court stopped that in 1962

We were saying it up to about the 4th grade in the early 70s. Of course I lived so far back in deepest, darkest, Appalachia they had to pipe sunshine in.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If they are so offended, perhaps they'd better not accept any sort of American currency marked "In God We Trust"...

I was thinking she probably doesn't care for equal protection under the law, either. And so, fair game for any rapist murdering terrorist who decides to enter her schithole airspace.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She’s not going to do jack schit if the kids starting singing “Amazing Grace”, which is exactly what I would do..

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
America as traditionally been a christian nation. The further we move away from it, via court rulings, Hollywood movies, school indoctrination, etc, the worse off we are as a country.

No man is so blind as the one that refuses to see.

Amen!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If they are so offended, perhaps they'd better not accept any sort of American currency marked "In God We Trust"...

I was thinking she probably doesn't care for equal protection under the law, either. And so, fair game for any rapist murdering terrorist who decides to enter her schithole airspace.

Or maybe just a pissed off conservative.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I can see a huge benefit of this ruling. It prevents Islamists, Satanists, witchs, and whatever screwball belief from demanding and getting equal time. If you want any religious instruction in a school for your children why not do as my wife did and send them to a church sponsored school? For me I prefer keeping religious opinions out of public institutions. It is an all or nothing proposition. You let Christianity in and you can't keep the rest out. That includes the above listed and a bunch more. So I say the judge is right, stop 'em at the gate.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take Christians out of public school and there won’t be any public schools.....not a bad idea.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
reread the original post. Judge Brucie is a federal judge.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of things would change if tax bills were thrown in the trash and people took the money and did for themselves.

That's the way things started out here.

Then the Gimmie Dats crawled out from the woodworks.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She has ruled that the Greenville, SC school district can't use any Christian references or music in it's graduation ceremonies. This clearly violates the 'free exercise thereof' part of the 1st Amendment.
The judge is Federal Judge Bruce Hendricks who is a woman although I don't know if she's always been a woman or if her parents just liked boys' names.
ANTI-CHRISTIAN JUDGE

Her WIKI page says it's pronounced "Bru-si"

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by rimfire
I'm an atheist also, and wouldn't be the least bit offended by christian music or the mention of religion at the graduation. The judge should be run out of office in my opinion. The judge is looking to offend people, the kids aren't.

However, if you allow this, you must also allow islamic music, buddhist music, satanist music, the list goes on. How many of you are OK with that?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (16gage, 12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.