Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ask, how can there be a creation, without a Creator?

Who created the "creator"?

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would the (not "a") creator need creating?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Since man is so constrained by time, space, material and energy, it's long been my belief that he is also constrained in understanding (in spite of our arrogance). There is an entity, not at all constrained as we are. And surprise, surprise, we do not understand Him in any way He does not want us to.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

We're just letting you know your tire is flat. ;-{>8

Like the earth, I suppose. I assume you are one of those, too. crazy

Powerful argument; I’m convinced.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Philosophy and Theology are a waste of time? Unique of all other creatures (on Earth anyway) he gave only people the ability to exercise these disciplines. He gave us that without purpose other than to confuse ourselves? We may not be able to achieve a perfect understanding but far more than no understanding. (Why wouldn't he want us to know him?)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw

We're just letting you know your tire is flat. ;-{>8

I could not really care less. Your ignorance on this subject could be nothing short of culpable, since you're clearly not a stupid man. Continue to choose ignorance, if that's what you prefer.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

I could not really care less. Your ignorance on this subject could be nothing short of culpable, since you're clearly not a stupid man. Continue to choose ignorance, if that's what you prefer.

Agnostic but whatever suits you.

The issue here seems to me to be that you’re arguing a different point than that being raised, and doing so in a manner that proves joebob & others assertions concerning the dogma that surrounds the issue at hand.

You’re clearly not a stupid man either, which is why I bother pointing it out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The man in the video lost me when he demonstrated that he misunderstood the Cambrian Explosion as it is propounded by the relevant fields of science, and furthermore suggested that his understanding (misunderstanding) of it was a central basis for his conclusions (i.e., it was this misunderstanding to which he applied his math). Once that was established, I had no need to listen further. What would be the point? Garbage in, garbage out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nighthawk
So Philosophy and Theology are a waste of time? Unique of all other creatures (on Earth anyway) he gave only people the ability to exercise these disciplines. He gave us that without purpose other than to confuse ourselves? We may not be able to achieve a perfect understanding but far more than no understanding. (Why wouldn't he want us to know him?)

Philosophy and Theology are not a waste of time, at all, but are limited. When was the last time you heard a truly new argument for the existence of God? I am further not saying that God is the author of confusion, but that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts and are for His purposes, He reveals what He permits us to know. And as to why He does that, I do not know. We can't even imagine a realm outside of time, let alone creating time, space, material, energy etc, etc. ad infinitum.

Soli Deo Gloria

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The man in the video lost me when he demonstrated that he misunderstood the Cambrian Explosion as it is propounded by the relevant fields of science, and furthermore suggested that his understanding (misunderstanding) of it was a central basis for his conclusions (i.e., it was this misunderstanding to which he applied his math). Once that was established, I had no need to listen further. What would be the point? Garbage in, garbage out.

Well, if you listened further, you would have learned that the math speaks to all of time. just sayin.

Soli Deo Gloria

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oldtrapper,
In that we cannot have full knowledge of the creator because he would necessary be a transcendent being, outside our experience, I would agree. But I think it is entirely reasonable that we can gain knowledge of the creator within the limits of our physical existence.

I like the modern refinement of the Thomistic proofs. More modern "proofs" from the expansion of the universe (and reversing that - big bang) are interesting. (Proof in quotes as there are underlying assumptions that I don't understand well enough) And while I don't consider "fine tuning" of physical constants to be a proof, they are a mighty big hint.

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No, just no. He said that the Cambrian explosion is what caused him to begin to question it. For the point of the math involved, it matters not whether he is correct in his assertions or you are correct in yours that the Cambrian explosion was a much longer and more gradual event.

Address the fricking math.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob

No, just no. He said that the Cambrian explosion is what caused him to begin to question it. For the point of the math involved, it matters not whether he is correct in his assertions or you are correct in yours that the Cambrian explosion was a much longer and more gradual event.

Not necessary, since it's quite obviously in error or misapplied. That evolution occurred isn't in question by anyone who has the faintest understanding of the biological or geological sciences. In order to deny it, one has either to be extremely ignorant or, alternatively, he finds the conclusion too terrifying to actually consider with anything approaching an open mind, likely due to the belief that it threatens his religious convictions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe one of the videos make sense. It is a possibility.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nighthawk
oldtrapper,
In that we cannot have full knowledge of the creator because he would necessary be a transcendent being, outside our experience, I would agree. But I think it is entirely reasonable that we can gain knowledge of the creator within the limits of our physical existence.

I like the modern refinement of the Thomistic proofs. More modern "proofs" from the expansion of the universe (and reversing that - big bang) are interesting. (Proof in quotes as there are underlying assumptions that I don't understand well enough) And while I don't consider "fine tuning" of physical constants to be a proof, they are a mighty big hint.

Perhaps where we diverge is that I believe we are not only constrained by our physical existence, but also our reasoning. Kind of like understanding classical physics but never quantum physics.
For me, constrained does not mean unable, but limited. The God of the Old Testament has, IMO as much as told us so.

Soli Deo Gloria

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not necessary, since it's quite obviously in error or misapplied. That evolution occurred isn't in question by anyone who has the faintest understanding of the biological or geological sciences. In order to deny it, one has either to be extremely ignorant or, alternatively, he finds the conclusion too terrifying to actually consider with anything approaching an open mind, likely due to the belief that it threatens his religious convictions.

Quite obviously? So, you’re going to continue with the position that you are smarter than the three guys in the video and that as a result, you’re above any need to even question any of your previous assumptions? And of course, if anyone else does, it is because they are stupid?

Gee, I wish my mind could be as open as yours. Lol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Wrong, on all counts. ;-{>8

Soli Deo Gloria

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Well, if you listened further, you would have learned that the math speaks to all of time. just sayin.

You need to review your elementary math.

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 6 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,137
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.