Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Oh yeah, almost forgot.
...and that he did not just "poof" exist.

That assume that the creator is subject to the constraints of time. Time as we understand it is a physical fact of the universe as we see it. Since the creator created the universe and hence the idea of time he cannot be constrained by time. So always existed is rational.

That is not rational. If it exists it is subject to time as he created it.

He created man and women in his image. They had reproductive organs as he did. So, he was created but instead of saying we do not know a whole new line of bullshit is offered up and church attendance goes down. For good reason, of course.

All of this presumes "a creator" even exists. I'm still waiting for good evidence to that effect.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I love this big bang theory. It is so easy to dispel. Just answer this. What went bang and who lit the fuse?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I love this big bang theory. It is so easy to dispel. Just answer this. What went bang and who lit the fuse?

You are presuming a "what" and a "who" not in evidence.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/24/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Then what IS in evidence? It had to start with something. Even the something started somewhere by someone.

A bunch of atoms and cells didn't just make up themselves. If you can't believe God started this universe then you got a rough row to hoe.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Oh yeah, almost forgot.
...and that he did not just "poof" exist.

That assume that the creator is subject to the constraints of time. Time as we understand it is a physical fact of the universe as we see it. Since the creator created the universe and hence the idea of time he cannot be constrained by time. So always existed is rational.

He created man and women in his image. They had reproductive organs as he did. So, he was created but instead of saying we do not know a whole new line of bullshit is offered up and church attendance goes down. For good reason, of course.

All of this presumes "a creator" even exists. I'm still waiting for good evidence to that effect.

It's odd how a high standard of evidence is asked for by theists, as it should, but then rejected in favour of an explanation that has no evidence - 'God did it'

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Marley,

Then you have problems with an infinite number of creators. When you encounter infinity you generally have a problem, in many contexts infinity is irrational. Here's a more complete explanation I lifted:

"If there were not at least one uncaused reality in “the whole of reality,” then “the whole of reality” would be constituted by only caused realities – that is, realities that require a cause to exist.

This means that the whole of reality would have to have a real cause beyond itself in order to exist (without such a cause, the whole of reality would not exist – there would be nothing in existence).

This state of affairs is intrinsically contradictory. How can there be a real cause beyond the whole of reality, if “the whole of reality” exhausts everything that is real? Obviously there can’t be such a cause.

Since “a real cause beyond the whole of reality” is intrinsically contradictory and since the whole of reality is not nothing (i.e. something does in fact exist), we must conclude that the whole of reality cannot be constituted only by caused realities (which would collectively require a cause for their existence).

Therefore, there must be at least one uncaused reality in the whole of reality. This uncaused reality must exist through itself."

And if you carry this on you find that logically there can be only one uncaused reality.

There is no infinite numbers of creators just as there is not an infinite number of humans. Uncaused reality is a result of genetics, or science project, gone wild.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Then what IS in evidence? It had to start with something. Even the something started somewhere by someone.

A bunch of atoms and cells didn't just make up themselves. If you can't believe God started this universe then you got a rough row to hoe.

It started with a universe that is composed matter/energy and a world with the conditions that allows complex chemistry to emerge and evolve.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

If one is to believe that God just exist then one can belive the Big Bang theory that things just went bang.

Or Two, or more, objects in space collieded at super high velocity and "Bang"!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Marley,

Then you have problems with an infinite number of creators. When you encounter infinity you generally have a problem, in many contexts infinity is irrational. Here's a more complete explanation I lifted:

"If there were not at least one uncaused reality in “the whole of reality,” then “the whole of reality” would be constituted by only caused realities – that is, realities that require a cause to exist.

This means that the whole of reality would have to have a real cause beyond itself in order to exist (without such a cause, the whole of reality would not exist – there would be nothing in existence).

This state of affairs is intrinsically contradictory. How can there be a real cause beyond the whole of reality, if “the whole of reality” exhausts everything that is real? Obviously there can’t be such a cause.

Since “a real cause beyond the whole of reality” is intrinsically contradictory and since the whole of reality is not nothing (i.e. something does in fact exist), we must conclude that the whole of reality cannot be constituted only by caused realities (which would collectively require a cause for their existence).

Therefore, there must be at least one uncaused reality in the whole of reality. This uncaused reality must exist through itself."

And if you carry this on you find that logically there can be only one uncaused reality.

There is no infinite numbers of creators just as there is not an infinite number of humans. Uncaused reality is a result of genetics, or science project, gone wild.

Or perhaps "nothing" is just intrinsically unstable.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If every living organism comes from a single cell that decided to split and become more complex over the millennia and the diversity that we all share on earth is a result of that evolution, show me the DNA that links humans to a weed, spider or any other organism...

That data is readily available.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or perhaps "nothing" is just intrinsically unstable.

If "nothing" is unstable then it can't be nothing. It must be real. Even in quantum mechanics.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If every living organism comes from a single cell that decided to split and become more complex over the millennia and the diversity that we all share on earth is a result of that evolution, show me the DNA that links humans to a weed, spider or any other organism...

That data is readily available.

True dat. Here's some fun chit to consider.

http://www.dnaftb.org/29/

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=RickyD][quote=DBT]Evolution is a fact. Theory relates to the means and mechanisms by which it happens.

A "fact" like any other lying lieberal "fact". A fact that is a lie.

It's the quality and abundance of evidence, information that anyone can examine, that makes something a fact.

The problem is not that there is insufficient evidence/information to establish evolution as being a fact, there is.....but that there are folks who are unwilling to consider the evidence because they, themselves prefer magical answers, special creation through an act of magic over research and careful examination of the evidence.....in other words, a bias in favour of their preferred religion.

Tell me the mechanism by which all explanations other than Darwinian Evolution are precluded by the evidence. Until you can do that, you’re JMSU. If you can’t explain the process in detail, then you can’t preclude other explanations.

You can speculate as much as you like, super aliens created life, Brahman, Allah, Odin, Zeus....however none of these things actually offer an evidence based explanation or a solution.

As it stands, the evidence shows that organisms can and do evolve in response to environment conditions, genetic diversity, etc, or go extinct if change is too rapid.

Show me the mechanism and the means that proves that it is Darwinian Evolution as opposed to any other number of speculations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Will you concede that reality really does exist? Then either reality always existed or something caused it to come into existence.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

If one is to believe that God just exist then one can belive the Big Bang theory that things just went bang.

OK fine. Who make those two or more objects? Everybody saying this started from bla bla bla slammed into each other. Again, where did the blas, blas come from?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No no, you missed the point. What is time? It is a human construct, the way we order events in the physical world. A progression, like egg then chicken then dinner. A creator of the physical universe must exist outside the physical world (or he'd have to create himself which is nonsense). Since time exists only in the physical universe by definition a creator cannot be subject to time, time does not exist for him, he exists apart from the physical universe. So it is not irrational to say the creator always existed.

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

OK fine. Who make those two or more objects? Everybody saying this started from bla bla bla slammed into each other. Again, where did the blas, blas come from?

Asking "who" biases the question.

If you weren't so biased you would ask something like "how" or "why".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It is accepted that the universe is expanding, nobody seriously disputes that. So run the movie backwards and everything contracts to a single point. Where that singularity came from is another question.

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
OK, if i'm Asking "who" biases the question.

If you weren't so biased you would ask something like "how" or "why". put your words where you may but the question remains the same.

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,764
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.