Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by fubarguy
As a Vietnam era vet, I'm 100% covered and have been since 2006 when I retired at age 56. Now I have the V.A. , Medicare and free supplimental.
You're lucky.. I'm a Viet Nam vet ('66-'69) and recently applied to the VA.. I was rejected...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Who in the hell you all trying to bull [bleep]? If it wasn't for the ACA most of you wouldn't have any coverage at all. Premums were skyrocketing from the 70's on. Most insurance plans had Million dolar life time limits. 18 years of age was the cut-off age for your kids. And there was no pre existing condition coverage at all. As to premiums, Cobra was more than $1,200 a month in '98. By 2000, insurance companies were getting so slow in paying most doctors demandad fees up-front and left it up to you to be reinbursed from your insurance companies. As to the ACA you all didn't want it, half of your states didn't enroll in it... so you got what you deserve. But even then you still bebifited from the doing away with the life time limits, pre-existing conditions, and the raising of the age your kids were covered. All part of the ACA

As to doing something different... you all are just too damn stupid. You had both houses of congress from 2012 untill 2018 and did nothing, both houses and the presidency if you can call him that for 2 years and did nothing. You all don't even have a plan to this date... NOTHING

So complain all you want, your only showing your ignorance!

Phil

Trump didn't install all those Rinos, genius.

Your chkunt-faced Paul Ryan blew up more positive Conservative legislation than a naval blockade.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I noticed that Grey Ghost stretches the truth a lot, most likely a result of living in the most corrupt state in the Union . Affordable Care Act is an oxymoron MORON..

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
RINO RYAN is the reason there was no total dismantling of O'BummerCare and a new replacement installed. The buck stops at Ryan. 6 full years of the House, Senate and the Presidency and nothing accomplished in healthcare, border control or anything else for that matter.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
RINO RYAN is the reason there was no total dismantling of O'BummerCare and a new replacement installed. The buck stops at Ryan. 6 full years of the House, Senate and the Presidency and nothing accomplished in healthcare, border control or anything else for that matter.

+1000
He was absolutely worthless

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Who in the hell you all trying to bull [bleep]? If it wasn't for the ACA most of you wouldn't have any coverage at all. Premums were skyrocketing from the 70's on. Most insurance plans had Million dolar life time limits. 18 years of age was the cut-off age for your kids. And there was no pre existing condition coverage at all. As to premiums, Cobra was more than $1,200 a month in '98. By 2000, insurance companies were getting so slow in paying most doctors demandad fees up-front and left it up to you to be reinbursed from your insurance companies. As to the ACA you all didn't want it, half of your states didn't enroll in it... so you got what you deserve. But even then you still bebifited from the doing away with the life time limits, pre-existing conditions, and the raising of the age your kids were covered. All part of the ACA

As to doing something different... you all are just too damn stupid. You had both houses of congress from 2012 untill 2018 and did nothing, both houses and the presidency if you can call him that for 2 years and did nothing. You all don't even have a plan to this date... NOTHING

So complain all you want, your only showing your ignorance!

Phil

My insurance went from $254 per month with a $4k deductible to $1208 with a $14,400 deductible. GFY.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have several very responsible and sensible retired acquaintances that went back to work when Obama care kicked in. Seems the capital they expected to last 20+ years was consumed in just a couple. None got to keep existing policies. Meeting the deductible alone would break them now with or without the insurance. I honestly believe the whole deal was drafted by the industry with a lot of kickbacks going into the political arena.

Have a neighbor serving on the local hospital board. His observations: Medicare covers costs + about 1%, welfare cases are written off, and those of us with insurance are their sole source of profit.

Also, we're considered a rural community. New docs get their loans forgiven for two years of practice in a rural setting. During those two years they draw great salaries, drive nice rigs, and live in newly built snob knob homes. Two years to the day, they exit the community heading to the big town. Obviously med school is a great place to study economics. Sort of reminds me of the line about missionaries in Michener's Hawaii. " They came to do good, and they did very well."

Not putting every doc into that category, but seems income is the primary motivation for much of today's medical profession.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/26/19.

1Minute
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I just called the CFO at a company I owned a few years ago. He said that that company had about 300 employees and that the average cost per participant was $18,000 per year. I think some of you are confusing employee contribution and total health cost. In the open market cost for a 50 year old is 2 times what it is for a 30 year old and a 60 year old is 3 times a 30 year old. When insurance companies quote group insurance they use the group's average age, in the individual market the insurance company quotes on your actual age and in the open market you are charged extra for health problems. This is part of the reason you are seeing these high insurance premiums. I am 74 ad my medagap insurance by itself is $250.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,901
Posts18,498,091
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.