Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
Yeah, I thought it was Compass and found something on the net immediately that said it was, but it looks like he was acting on Nagin's orders. Either way, he is guilty. Looks like Nagin is too. I'm with those who say it needs to be investigated and all those, including those who let their respective National Guards be used for this purpose, charged and convicted.

Of treason...then executed! grin

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why the hell don't you people lay blame where it is due?
With the democratic gun hating party of America. Is it because you are in denial, after having voted in this traitorous bunch of liars?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Why the hell don't you people lay blame where it is due?
With the democratic gun hating party of America. Is it because you are in denial, after having voted in this traitorous bunch of liars?

HUH? The nitwits to which I refer are democrats! And if you look closely, you will find plenty of gun grabbers in the republican party too!

I didn't vote anyone into office, since I haven't found anyone worth voting for since 1966! To me, there is no such thing as an honest, ethical politician. Slow bellies and liars all!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You will find a tiny minority of republicans willing to compromise on guns. They are not around long. On the other hand, 90% plus, of democrats are anti-gun.
But as a non voter, your wishes fall on deaf ears.

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You will find a tiny minority of republicans willing to compromise on guns. They are not around long. On the other hand, 90% plus, of democrats are anti-gun.
But as a non voter, your wishes fall on deaf ears.

I have no wishes, Bear. I gave up on our government a long time ago. tired All our systems are so corrupted they don't work,
and change within them is never going to happen as a result!

Where were all those gun law repeals that were expected under a house and senate majority coupled with a republican president?

I guess I'm too old to fall for all the slight-of-hand bull
politicians expect us to accept. I simply think they are ALL
self-serving lying bastids! Sorry, but I see no honor and
integrity on either side!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Under Bush and republican controlled house and senate.

On March 2, 2004, with 'sunset' of the ban on the horizon, assault weapon ban supporter Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) attached a ten-year extension to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban to the Senate's Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. With the Feinstein amendment, the bill was voted down 8-90.

There are others if you care to look them up.

On the other hand, there were several anti-gun measures that never made it through.

Since the democrats have been voted back into power, check how many pieces of anti-gun legislation that have been and are, being introduced.

"I guess I'm too old to fall for all the slight-of-hand bull
politicians expect us to accept. I simply think they are ALL
self-serving lying bastids! Sorry, but I see no honor and
integrity on either side!"

Excuses, won't protect the rights of future generations.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
280Don is right to an extent. Where are all those repeals? Now we are out of the majority. I vote Rep because I have no choice. I see you defend the Rep party a lot on here but I personally think most of them are RINO's who will jump ship at the first opportunity. This new bill "strengthening" the ability to deny anybody who has ever had mental problems the right to bear arms is a perfect example. Most of the Reps who are "pro-gun" are only nominally so and are because it feathers their nest NOT because they are ideologically aligned with us. I still vote because I believe that by doing so I can slow the decline and OCCASIONALLY vote a good person into office. I don't delude myself though. We took and held a majority in both houses and also had a Rep President. We should have had all gun control rolled back to the '68 GCA. We should be able to purchase a gun in any state, not just long guns in contiguous states. We should have a national CCW and laws protecting us against anti-gun states and localities. Instead we've got the NRA and a bunch of pandering RINO's conspiring with Dems to take away even more rights.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude you are deluding yourself. That bill "sunsetted" thanks to Bob Dole, another RINO who later jumped ship when he thought he couldn't get elected President unless he did. I must admit that the sunset clause worked though. There would have been no repeal without it as the RINO's didn't have enough guts to do it. Bush is on record as saying he would renew the Assault Weapon Ban if it were brought before him-it wasn't. This is more of an example of what I'm saying than it is a GOOD example of what they got done. Please give us an example of ANYTHING the majority houses and the Prez did that was positive for us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As far as your comments on the Dems, he// there is virtually nobody here that will deny that they are the greater evil where gun control is concerned...so what's your point?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think most of us know that neither party is perfect (or even very good) with respect to defending and promoting our 2nd Amendment rights, but when push comes to shove the Republicans have done better. He isn't "deluding" himself in that respect at all.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree with you that the Reps are the choice most of the time. That's a given as I think I said in my post. However it is IMO, delusional, to try to showcase non-existent rollbacks of gun control laws when the only thing of any consequence that happened was the majority standing out of the way and letting a hurtful law sunset. If we stand around and only go on the defensive, the way the majority in both Houses did with a Rep president sitting, then we'll eventually lose. If we had knocked back some of the gun control from earlier eras, we would have gained back some ground and forced the antis to re-take that ground (in all probability) before moving any farther. Basically we're where we were at when Clintstone took office. Visualize the changes I already enumerated along with a modification of McClure-Volkmer to allow easier access to LEGAL full auto weapons. Visualize sweeping reforms of the ATF and FBI to ensure that we never have incursions such as Ruby Ridge and Waco again. These are what should have happened. Instead we allowed our elected officials to sit on their asses and do nothing for about six years while we all felt good about NOT LOSING any more rights. Sorry to tell it like it is, but if you can't do so here, then where can you?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I agree with you that the Reps are the choice most of the time. That's a given as I think I said in my post. However it is IMO, delusional, to try to showcase non-existent rollbacks of gun control laws when the only thing of any consequence that happened was the majority standing out of the way and letting a hurtful law sunset. If we stand around and only go on the defensive, the way the majority in both Houses did with a Rep president sitting, then we'll eventually lose. If we had knocked back some of the gun control from earlier eras, we would have gained back some ground and forced the antis to re-take that ground (in all probability) before moving any farther. Basically we're where we were at when Clintstone took office. Visualize the changes I already enumerated along with a modification of McClure-Volkmer to allow easier access to LEGAL full auto weapons. Visualize sweeping reforms of the ATF and FBI to ensure that we never have incursions such as Ruby Ridge and Waco again. These are what should have happened. Instead we allowed our elected officials to sit on their asses and do nothing for about six years while we all felt good about NOT LOSING any more rights. Sorry to tell it like it is, but if you can't do so here, then where can you?

Pree..cisely! grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Instead we allowed our elected officials to sit on their asses and do nothing for about six years while we all felt good about NOT LOSING any more rights. Sorry to tell it like it is, but if you can't do so here, then where can you?

This has been the pattern for decades. The anti-gunners gain ground when the Democrats attain the majority, and the pro-gunners hold ground (at best) when the Republicans attain the majority. I don't believe it's cynical to question the committment of the Republicans to the 2nd Amendment.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
On April 27th, Texas Governor Rick Perry signed into law Senate Bill 112 to prevent the confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens during a state of natural disaster.

Some good news as Texan's at least won't have to worry about that happening to them from a state/local level. I wonder if any other states have passed similar laws as a result of this problem in N.O.?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntxs
Personnally, I'd be willing in that situation to let loose a few guns and securing the safety of my life, those of my family, and the retainment of the other guns that I can gaurantee they wouldn't find.

Those willing to trade freedom for safety will soon have neither.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (308xray, 7mm_Loco, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 69sportfury, 17 invisible), 17,130 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,879
Posts18,538,159
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
7 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.